Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

BIG time! Love it! Welcome Cole!

side note: don’t think it’s a coincidence this comes right after Alan’s tweet.
what was Alan's tweet

Maybe you should watch the last higlight reel posted on him. Theres more evidence of him putting it on the deck from the 3 point line and taking it to the rack then Q has ever done in his 2 years here at Syracuse. Please show me where Q puts it on the floor and actually gets to the hoop? Q has done most of his work in the paint where he doesn't have to dribble too much...im not saying he's some all time dude at putting it on the floor but if his handle is as bad as you make it out to be then whats Quincys?

A highlight reel. Really? I can find a highlight reel of Joey too. That doesnt mean much

Why can’t Torrance be the starting point guard?

remember those thread crying about teams “sagging off” a certain guy? Multiple that by 10. Legit. 10.

and yes, we should have 4 guards. I’m just saying what I believe will occur. The team is being built for 30 plus mins for Joe
Really?

Listen, I’m always happy anyone wants to come and play for Syracuse but I honestly dislike this pickup. Please hear me out before the JB homers go cray.

1. I watched a lot of nova the past few years. He is such a defensive liability, it’s kind of scary. Now I know the zone can mask some but you have to be able to block if you are a forward especially weak side blocking. Him paired with the guys at the top. They are going to get craved up. He had what? 3 blocks all year. That is HORRIBLE

2. This pretty means Q isnt gonna come back here to Syracuse( barring Jimmy Jr is coming here) It’s professional or transfer. I would take Q over Cole anyday of the week because he posses athleticism that we desperately need.

3. He cant put the ball on the floor...like at all. He’s a great shooter but we have them already. What we dont have is someone who can put the ball on the floor. If this was a freshman or even a sophmore, I would have a little bit more hope but he’s gonna be entering his 4th year. It’s kind of “you are what you are”.

4. If the starting line up is really Jg, Buddy, Jimmy Jr and Cole...LOL, they will get murdered in the ACC

Anyways, lets see what happens
These are all very legit points.

I worry about the guards with Swider and Jimmy Jr. on the court together. Holy cow, that’d be a bad defensive unit and have very little ability off the bounce. A forward rotation of Benny/JBJ/Swider can be good enough but it’s hard to see it working behind the guards we have.

I still think there’s a shot Q returns. Maybe he’ll sign with an agent soon but if not, that door is wide open. Of course, he may be returning to 15-20 minutes a game which may prompt him to portal...

Swider is certainly little more than a catch and shoot guy right now but can still do a bit off the bounce. He can certainly improve that but this fit could be a bit questionable with our lack of playmakers at guard to find a guy like him to snipe 3’s.

All valid concerns and certainly something to keep an eye on. We’ve been killed by athletic and tough man teams in recent years.

A highlight reel. Really? I can find a highlight reel of Joey too. That doesnt mean much
Dude cmon. I get what your saying but please give me examples of Quincy putting it on the deck and getting to the rim. Almost all of Quincys points come posting up and being around the rim. I showed you examples of Cole putting it on the floor and getting to the basket. (And I use to be under the assumption that he wasn't that great at that until someone on here helped changed my outlook on it. I didn't get to watch Cole a ton since he went to Nova so I had to go back and watch some tape.) Quincy doesn't have a handle...hes more athletic and can rebound but Swider definitely shows some versatility on the offensive side. So yea...watch some highlight reels.

And yet it points out things you still see in all his games in terms of his skillset. I think you are way too low on this kid. He isn't a savior but the kid has good size can play and is a good addition.

remember those thread crying about teams “sagging off” a certain guy? Multiple that by 10. Legit. 10.

and yes, we should have 4 guards. I’m just saying what I believe will occur. The team is being built for 30 plus mins for Joe
If only PG wasn’t the most important position in college basketball.

Having 4 scholarship guards shouldn’t be hard when you can give out 13 scholarships.

Dude cmon. I get what your saying but please give me examples of Quincy putting it on the deck and getting to the rim. Almost all of Quincys points come posting up and being around the rim. I showed you examples of Cole putting it on the floor and getting to the basket. (And I use to be under the assumption that he wasn't that great at that until someone on here helped changed my outlook on it. I didn't get to watch Cole a ton since he went to Nova so I had to go back and watch some tape.) Quincy doesn't have a handle...hes more athletic and can rebound but Swider definitely shows some versatility on the offensive side. So yea...watch some highlight reels.
I never said Q has elite handle or even “good”. It’s average but he is an elite athlete who for most of the season did play in the post (the hell happened to that at the end of the year). Cole has below average handle but let’s give u the “average” handle. He is not athletic and cant block. So it’s a down grade. I’m glad you’re happy to lose Q and gain Cole. I’m in the boat of not.

Yeah. And once Zach met Slater and Kelly, he never acknowledged that he used to know Mikey and Nikki, either. Different versions of the same show.
Was up early this morning watching the usual Saturday morning marathon on IFC. I wondered what happened to Mikey and Nikki and went down a rabbit hole. Mikey actually became a hockey official for college and pro.

I never said Q has elite handle or even “good”. It’s average but he is an elite athlete who for most of the season did play in the post (the hell happened to that at the end of the year). Cole has below average handle but let’s give u the “average” handle. He is not athletic and cant block. So it’s a down grade. I’m glad you’re happy to lose Q and gain Cole. I’m in the boat of not.
I did not say anything about being happy losing Q and gaining Cole. Im not one of the everything is perfect guys on here and will wait to see how things shake out. I've stated numerous times I would like to be more athletic and we are turning into Iowa...but ill let the "dominos fall" before I get worked up. I hope Q returns because we will need his rebounding and blocking ability that Cole won't provide. I like the addition of Cole but not at the expense of losing Q.

Maybe you should watch the last higlight reel posted on him. Theres more evidence of him putting it on the deck from the 3 point line and taking it to the rack then Q has ever done in his 2 years here at Syracuse. Please show me where Q puts it on the floor and actually gets to the hoop? Q has done most of his work in the paint where he doesn't have to dribble too much...im not saying he's some all time dude at putting it on the floor but if his handle is as bad as you make it out to be then whats Quincys?

Such a sweet stroke. His game is like a souped of version of Buddy’s but not sure he’s as good a shooter. He certainly is more fluid off the dribble and should be able to take advantage of small defenders.

What that video shows is how important it is to have guards that can drive and dish, get the ball out in transition and a big that can handle the ball on the block and kick it out to a shooter without getting nervous. If Benny has a post game, they could play well off each other.

Dude you did a total complete turn around on Cole from two days ago lol

Such a sweet stroke. His game is like a souped of version of Buddy’s but not sure he’s as good a shooter. He certainly is more fluid off the dribble and should be able to take advantage of small defenders.

What that video shows is how important it is to have guards that can drive and dish, get the ball out in transition and a big that can handle the ball on the block and kick it out to a shooter without getting nervous. If Benny has a post game, they could play well off each other.
Absolutely agree..I've said it a few times about really wishing we "had" a guard that could drive and get by his defender to make plays for these guys but that discussion has kinda been worn out this week and turns ugly so I'm over it lol. We have what we have and JBs gunna roll with it. Let's hope Joe works hard this offseason and Benny can help with making plays and getting others involved.

I interpret that to mean he intends to stay and compete.
I hope so we need him . Even if his shots dont fall he can impact the game with his defense. He’s a super athlete.

Frank is the more important piece at this point. IMO, Kadary and Frank were critical to next year.
Why is Frank so critical?

or is it simply having a backup 5 with athleticism and hopefully some ability? (Not necessarily Frank)

Dude you did a total complete turn around on Cole from two days ago lol
You helped...I like Cole and after watching more of him he has skills and isn't as one dimensional as I thought. I am still maintaining that we need some more athleticism but we'll see how it shakes out. I still have reservations about what our defense will look like. But I don't think there's much of a downgrade when I comes to losing Braswell and gaining Cole. Quincy I hope sticks around because we would miss him. We might be a little slower then normal and that worries me.

Maybe I’m dense but who are those threads referencing?

Torrence seems closer to a project than someone who’ll push to start. I full agree and likely accept its Girard for 30+, which may be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom