Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

OrangeYaGladi

2018-19 Iggies Hoops Regular Season/ACC Record
I wonder if JB will be tempted to start the game by dumping the ball into DC and letting him work on Sabonis. Would be great to get their big man in foul trouble, and Coleman seems pretty competent with his back to the basket. He wouldn't have to shoot, necessarily--although I'm not sure DC is particularly adept at passing and re-posting. Either way, I'd love to see SU get Coleman a few touches early on Friday night.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SU start most games during Arinze's senior year by throwing him the ball on the low block? Wouldn't mind seeing history repeat itself...

I don't know much about Sabonis as a defender, but I just assume that since he is European, he is quite adept at flopping and Coleman is the perfect guy to flop against, since he's so bullish around the rim with the ball. Not sure it'd be the best strategy, since I think there'd be at least as good of a chance that Coleman could get a foul instead of Sabonis.

DC2 is not at the point where you can game plan to go to him, especially against an opponent who is likely a better player.

We just need to keep doing what we have done the last two games, ie, good passing (though we need to do a better job on TOs) to get open looks or open lanes. I liked when Lydon posted just outside the lane. If Sabonis covers then maybe there is a dump down opportunity to DC2. Gotta get DC2 the ball just enough to keep em honest, but that is probably about it.

I wonder if JB will be tempted to start the game by dumping the ball into DC and letting him work on Sabonis. Would be great to get their big man in foul trouble, and Coleman seems pretty competent with his back to the basket. He wouldn't have to shoot, necessarily--although I'm not sure DC is particularly adept at passing and re-posting. Either way, I'd love to see SU get Coleman a few touches early on Friday night.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SU start most games during Arinze's senior year by throwing him the ball on the low block? Wouldn't mind seeing history repeat itself...
I think we will we see exactly that early on.

Think it's a bad idea, last thing we need is a couple of early possessions where he is breaking the backboard with layups and kill the momentum of starting the game.

It's a great idea in theory but it's a huge risk and could backfire and put us in a very early hole, I don't want to play catch up all game.

Don't forget, we basically breathed heavy on dayton and mtsu and got plenty of charge calls.

I think we will see the high ball screen with who ever Wiltjer is guarding with the ball in Mike's hands.

Don't forget, we basically breathed heavy on dayton and mtsu and got plenty of charge calls.

That was God Damn bull S#$*3. Oh no, my Tourettes is back.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine us building our game plan around Coleman. Offensively, we need to play to our strength - the perimeter. That could be tough, because their guards are pretty big - 6'4" and up. Hurt them outside, and that will open up the inside, then take what they give us.

Don't get me wrong, he needs to have a good game, esp on defense and rebounding.

If we can contain their big guys, and beat them on the perimeter (Defense and Offense), then we stand a good chance to play on Sunday.

Confidence and aggression. Whoever can assert themselves will win.

No one is calling for "building the gameplan" around Coleman. But I'd like to see him get a few paint touches.

I'd throw it into him with the intention of him getting it back out or hitting G on a cut...At least give the Zags something to think about early...

DC is no AO.

Unless DC is being guarded by severely under-sized bigs, or who have 0 talent, why on earth would we pass to him down low? He can't catch 1/2 the time, will get it stripped, or will completely miss the rim on a layup.

Exactly. His hands are a problem.

He's not Arinze yet and may never get there.
Townie, that may very well be true but at the same time Dajuan has indicated that he is returning next year and I wouldn't be surprised a bit if while he continues to strengthen himself from the surgery and injury he will begin to show some of the things we had been looking for him to do since he arrived here. He has shown some flashes this year and they may be a harbinger of things to come next year.

He has been so committed to the program and I would love to see him have a great year in which he realizes some of the potential that we were so excited about when he first committed to Syracuse. He may never be able to jump the way he once could as a results of the OATS procedure but he can develop in other areas that will allow him to make significant contributions.

Townie, that may very well be true but at the same time Dajuan has indicated that he is returning next year and I wouldn't be surprised a bit if while he continues to strengthen himself from the surgery and injury he will begin to show some of the things we had been looking for him to do since he arrived here. He has shown some flashes this year and they may be a harbinger of things to come next year.

He has been so committed to the program and I would love to see him have a great year in which he realizes some of the potential that we were so excited about when he first committed to Syracuse. He may never be able to jump the way he once could as a results of the OATS procedure but he can develop in other areas that will allow him to make significant contributions.

Well, maybe.

There's always hope. And he has made some unexpected contributions lately.

But I'm not much into the "soap opera" as others are. If he can be 75% of the player Arinze was, I'd be happy as would most of those on here, I suspect.

Well, maybe.

There's always hope. And he has made some unexpected contributions lately.

But I'm not much into the "soap opera" as others are. If he can be 75% of the player Arinze was, I'd be happy as would most of those on here, I suspect.
I'm curious as to what you mean when you say "soap opera" Are you speaking directly to the DC situation or something else?

Boeheim doesn't attack a single player looking for a hack, even with 4 fouls

drives me nuts

I'm curious as to what you mean when you say "soap opera" Are you speaking directly to the DC situation or something else?

There's a penchant on here among some to find the soap opera story involving a player. I think that you in your post were hoping that DC gets better, it was in a different vein.

There's a penchant on here among some to find the soap opera story involving a player. I think that you in your post were hoping that DC gets better, it was in a different vein.
Thx. got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom