Colgate 9-0 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate 9-0

I bet Colgate sits a bunch of guys for their playoffs. They are not beating army and won't want to risk the injuries that can come playing the army offense.

Red Raiders are putting up crazy defensive numbers, held Fordham to -50 rushing yards a couple weeks back.

They are playing great football but crickets in the local media. Shame on them.
Seen them mentioned during sports segments on both channel 3 and 9 within the last week

Seen them mentioned during sports segments on both channel 3 and 9 within the last week
Thanks...being in Florida I drew my conclusion from Syracuse.com

Colgate-Syracuse may be a rivalry that’s almost entirely buried by the sands of time, but I still don’t like seeing them win.

No hoodoo, and go Army!

I know. Is it possible that 'Gate could beat, Army who is really a top 25 Fbs team? How the heck good is their defense?

Actually pretty good and WOW has the vibe turned in the big game, they should AGAIN take care of navy this year.

I bet Colgate sits a bunch of guys for their playoffs. They are not beating army and won't want to risk the injuries that can come playing the army offense.

I think Colgate has a puncher's chance. The 'Gate destroyed my Lafayette Leopards 45-0 earlier this season at Hamilton. Army beat the Pards last weekend by a surprising 31-13 (although admittedly it wasn't statistically close). Army is obviously the overwhelming pick to win but it wouldn't surprise me if Colgate won #10 with a score along the lines of 17-16.

Can Syracuse, Colgate and Brockport all bring home National Championships. Stay tuned.

I want some of whatever you’re taking, man. Orange glasses with a splash of heavy narcotics? Love the fanaticism.

Colgate's numbers are excellent and they've got a stronger than usual defense. It's worth keeping in mind that their annual southern FCS game (in which they usually get crushed) got cancelled due to a hurricane in September. And I think they eked out the New Hampshire game by a point or three. As a result, they really haven't been tested; even the traditional strong Patriot League rivals are down this season.

So while I'd love to see them upset Army, I think it's just as likely that they lose by three touchdowns.

I've watched every 'gate game this year. They are a league above any other previous "very good" Colgate team. If they don't rest guys they could absolutely beat Army.
They will likely get at least the #8 seed and get a bye and yeah end up playing NDSU in the final.
Plus their 19' recruiting class has picked up some talent that has turned down "bigger". Offers to play at gate so I dont think this will be a one time thing

I've watched every 'gate game this year. They are a league above any other previous "very good" Colgate team. If they don't rest guys they could absolutely beat Army.
They will likely get at least the #8 seed and get a bye and yeah end up playing NDSU in the final.
Plus their 19' recruiting class has picked up some talent that has turned down "bigger". Offers to play at gate so I dont think this will be a one time thing
Is their defense so much more talented than their opposition or is their DC just that good at calling a defense?

Is their defense so much more talented than their opposition or is their DC just that good at calling a defense?

Both. They have legit playmakers on D. A DE sack machine that will likely end up playing on Sundays like the one from last year. Very talented DB's and a MLB who seems to know the play before it happens.
Same thing basically on O.

Hmmm maybe - I have watched every game too and they are excellent but the league is awful this year as is Cornell. The road wins against any CAA team are impressive but this could be a 10 win Army team that took Oklahoma to overtime. I trust that game more than I trust last weeks win in which Army was awful.
I do agree that this will not be a one time thing - they have distanced themselves from the rest of that league, and it's not close. That said I think Army beats them easily and I still bet Gate saves kids for next week.

They are great on D this year - MLB is a beast and they have experience at every level especially the secondary. It is interesting too because in the recent past it has been the O that has been the dominant group, but this year the D has set the tone. Big time. If anyone hasn't been they should go - the football is great.

They are great on D this year - MLB is a beast and they have experience at every level especially the secondary. It is interesting too because in the recent past it has been the O that has been the dominant group, but this year the D has set the tone. Big time. If anyone hasn't been they should go - the football is great.
Will they host a first round playoff game?

Will they host a first round playoff game?
They are #6 on the coaches poll and they've been steadily two spots behind that on the actual national poll. Either way they should host a game I believe. They should have a bye week though because they should be in at #8

I do think coach Hunt will rest his guys this week so it likely won't be close. Beating army would almost certainly give them #5 or 6 seed but is it worth it to jump 2 or 3 spots?
I think he's going to go with the big picture.
If there's anyone that can shock the world this year in the FCS it's certainly gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom