College Football Sim League | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

I spent a ridiculous amount of time scouting my opponents and catering game plans to their strengths and weaknesses to see if it would work. And yes, when I started looking at teams I saw Utica was above average rating wise.

this surpises the heck out of me. Worst team in the league last year.

I lost to Union (NY) 21-10. Would have been worse if it wasent for an 80 yard TD run by my man Vernon at the end of the third

Where did you see ratings for our conference?
If you look at the top bar there is a tab labeled rankings, click on that and go down to team rankings. It lists every teams rank in every stat as well as overall. There is also a list of the top players in the conference in the tab as well.

If you look at the top bar there is a tab labeled rankings, click on that and go down to team rankings. It lists every teams rank in every stat as well as overall. There is also a list of the top players in the conference in the tab as well.

Thanks...next to last for me.

lol dude has been there forever, coaching the hell out of that team. He just won the NC 2 seasons ago. It will take us a while, but we can bring this joker down

One funny thing about the game: DIII is a mix of newbies and old coaches who camp out there to prey upon the newbies. I'm not saying that it's "easier" to win at the DIII level, but you tend not to have a large group of coaches stay there too long, as people desire to move up. Which means that DIII coaches who know what they're doing can build a dynasty there a bit easier.

DII is a lot of fun--coaches are more "experienced" and recruiting is more fun at DII level than just about any other level.

DIAA--I'm not going to lie--is a real challenge. In large part because there is more significant overlap between recruits with top end DIAA guys and lower end DI guys. That means that even if you do a great job recruiting, if you are chasing the top DIAA prospects you can almost assuredly count on marauding DI coaches who've struck out on their prospects to come calling on signing day, which wreaks havoc at the last minute. It can be very frustrating to have a class lined up, only to have your top guys plundered at the end--and tough to scramble to replace those guys with not much $$$ at the end.

DI is an absolute grinder. Not all, but the vast majority of coaches know what they're doing, and the top programs usually have very solid coaches. Many of the teams are stacked on top of each other, which makes it tough to compete on the recruiting trail. You also have "elite" teams that can bully the others, because they get a bonus "boost" in recruiting due to the prestige of those programs. If you are at a smaller DI school [say, a school in the MAC], it can be tough because you're right in the middle of B1G country and you just can't compete for the same players. But if you make it to the pinnacle, DI can be an exciting challenge.

One funny thing about the game: DIII is a mix of newbies and old coaches who camp out there to prey upon the newbies. I'm not saying that it's "easier" to win at the DIII level, but you tend not to have a large group of coaches stay there too long, as people desire to move up. Which means that DIII coaches who know what they're doing can build a dynasty there a bit easier.

DII is a lot of fun--coaches are more "experienced" and recruiting is more fun at DII level than just about any other level.

DIAA--I'm not going to lie--is a real challenge. In large part because there is more significant overlap between recruits with top end DIAA guys and lower end DI guys. That means that even if you do a great job recruiting, if you are chasing the top DIAA prospects you can almost assuredly count on marauding DI coaches who've struck out on their prospects to come calling on signing day, which wreaks havoc at the last minute. It can be very frustrating to have a class lined up, only to have your top guys plundered at the end--and tough to scramble to replace those guys with not much $$$ at the end.

DI is an absolute grinder. Not all, but the vast majority of coaches know what they're doing, and the top programs usually have very solid coaches. Many of the teams are stacked on top of each other, which makes it tough to compete on the recruiting trail. You also have "elite" teams that can bully the others, because they get a bonus "boost" in recruiting due to the prestige of those programs. If you are at a smaller DI school [say, a school in the MAC], it can be tough because you're right in the middle of B1G country and you just can't compete for the same players. But if you make it to the pinnacle, DI can be an exciting challenge.
Sounds a lot more like real life...

just out of curiousity, how good are wr at transfering to cb in this game?

I think someone posted a few pages back that changing positions is way more difficult that it used to be. They said only in rare cases does it work out

Yeah, I just looked at a current wr for reference and it wasnt pretty but I didnt know if that might change if he was a freshman and wasnt guaranteed anything. I think im way over thinking this.

Plymouth is unfair. They have five RBs better than my best guy.

well in my conference, Franklin & Marshall has the top 9 rated guys, and 16 out of the 25 total. WOW.
I do have #25 !!!!

How many Campus Visits did you guys throw at Bill Griffin? I threw 3 at him during different cycles, he refused them all.. lil SOB, I hope he breaks his leg

So I just found out my punter has the best work ethic on my team. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing seeing as he is the worst player on my team ratings wise