College Football Sim League | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

man i just dont get the game plan stuff. it seems pretty unrealistic.
i intentionally geared my entire defense to defend the pass on every down and in every formation... and the dude threw 67 times against me !!! Tough to figure... doesnt add up.

Definitely gonna give this league one more season though before i lose all hope that its just a "coin flip" SIM game.

HUGE game with Union next. winner will most likely win the West in the Centennial. i hope u are bringing it bro...

The FFC West literally is unpredictable... My team included.. It's just insane.

I'm gonna show you "unpredictable" tomorrow, buddy. We are gonna show up in womans volleyball unis. HOWS THAT FOR UNPREDICTABLE?!

i'm on my 2nd red bull of the day. Pretty bored in my office... been walking up and down the halls clucking like a chicken for the last 10 minutes. they love me here

I'm gonna show you "unpredictable" tomorrow, buddy. We are gonna show up in womans volleyball unis. HOWS THAT FOR UNPREDICTABLE?!

i'm on my 2nd red bull of the day. Pretty bored in my office... been walking up and down the halls clucking like a chicken for the last 10 minutes. they love me here

LoL! I'd say bring it, but I don't know if Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde will show up... Let you know at halftime tomorrow.. I've consistently changed my gameplan all season, every half... the results, not all that different though.. lol.

man i just dont get the game plan stuff. it seems pretty unrealistic.
i intentionally geared my entire defense to defend the pass on every down and in every formation... and the dude threw 67 times against me !!! Tough to figure... doesnt add up.

Definitely gonna give this league one more season though before i lose all hope that its just a "coin flip" SIM game.

HUGE game with Union next. winner will most likely win the West in the Centennial. i hope u are bringing it bro...

hopefully one of the more experienced players can comment on this, and tell us whats up.

I have a feeling tho, that recruiting good quality players might mean alot more than game planning

hopefully one of the more experienced players can comment on this, and tell us whats up.

I have a feeling tho, that recruiting good quality players might mean alot more than game planning

It is more than a coin flip.

Game planning is a key. Also, better players as in real life.

You can have a lousy team ( see my Coast Guard team and still win if you game plan well). That team is full of simai recruits and very raw freshman, but have game planned our way to a winning record.

quite the stalemate for the first half - let's see who wins the next 30 minutes.

lo 0-0. really? I tried a couple new things in my game planning. i guess with mixed results. i dont think game planning matters much, its about the talent of recruits you have,

It is more than a coin flip.

Game planning is a key. Also, better players as in real life.

You can have a lousy team ( see my Coast Guard team and still win if you game plan well). That team is full of simai recruits and very raw freshman, but have game planned our way to a winning record.

Maybe you could elaborate a little. Seems like most of us arent fully getting the whole game planning thing. I havent really found anything in the players guide, or the forums that goes into very much detail on it.

I sent a msg to one of the mods, requesting that they move the thread. I posted it on the football board to try to get as many people interested as we could. I think by now, anyone who would be interested has seen the thread mulitple times lol

Maybe you could elaborate a little. Seems like most of us arent fully getting the whole game planning thing. I havent really found anything in the players guide, or the forums that goes into very much detail on it.

There must be a glitch. i understand that with time people figure things out... but on a simple level, when u game plan on defense to guard the pass heavily on every down (and every formation) and a dude throws 67 times for 400 yds...

thats not possible or realistic.

There must be a glitch. i understand that with time people figure things out... but on a simple level, when u game plan on defense to guard the pass heavily on every down (and every formation) and a dude throws 67 times for 400 yds...

:noidea:

maybe your secondary sucks ;) just kidding. Hopfully we will get some help on this

"They throw underneath the coverage and get lots of yards after the catch,try playing Nickle run bal to get the dbs closer to the line of scrimmage. Of course now you can get beat deep easier but what u gonna do..."

"They throw underneath the coverage and get lots of yards after the catch,try playing Nickle run bal to get the dbs closer to the line of scrimmage. Of course now you can get beat deep easier but what u gonna do..."

meh, i dont buy it. i had that setting on some of them, and besides how would an opponent know that is what D was chosen lol. also, the dude had 39 attempts as his high for the season.. and threw 67 on me.

appreciate you digging in to this though. PS - i have a solid secondary, one of my DB's is a top 10 player.

lost to Union 7-3. Real snoozefest. on to next season for Bart. Gonna give this one more season. Hope it starts to reward preparation rather than simply being a crap shoot. Its odd because I was ok losing to Union just to test a theory, but to have the game planning you are testing mean ZIP... puzzling.