College Football Sim League | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Post-Season

How do teams qualify for the conference championship?
The winners of each division within the conference will play for the conference championship. If two teams finish with the same conference record, then the tie is broken by going to the head-to-head result, followed by overall record, and finally WIS rank.

For the head-to-head results there must be a clear winner. For example if three teams are tied and their record against each other is as follows: Team 1 is 2-0, Team 2 is 1-1 and Team 3 is 0-2 Team 1 would be chosen to play in the conference championship. If there was a four team tie such as the following: Team 1 is 2-1, Team 2 is 2-1, Team 3 is 1-2 and Team 4 is 1-2 there is no clear winner and the tiebreaker will move on to overall record.

Note: The standings page is not currently updated using the tiebreaker.

How do teams qualify for bowl games?
Only D-IA teams are eligible for bowls games and are chosen based upon their final conference standing and their ranking in the WIS poll. This poll takes into accound many factors, including winning percentage and strength of schedule.

Do teams earn additional recruiting money by making bowl appearances?
Yes. The amount of money earned is split amongst all conference teams and is based upon the bowl.

Bowl LevelAdditional Money
BCS $15,000
Level 4 $10,000
Level 3 $8,000
Level 2 $6,000
Level 1 $4,000
How do teams qualify for the playoffs?
The winners of each conference within D-IAA, D-II, and D-III are invited to the divisional playoffs. The remaining 32-team field is filled by selecting at-large teams based upon many factors, including winning percentage and strength of schedule.

Do teams earn additional recruiting money by making playoff appearances?
Yes. The amount of money earned is split amongst all conference teams and is based upon how far the team progresses in the playoffs as well as the division.

DivisionAdvanced ToAdditional Money
IAA First Round $3,000
IAA Second Round $4,500
IAA Quarterfinals $6,000
IAA Semi-finals $7,500
IAA Championship $9,000
II First Round $2,000
II Second Round $3,000
II Quarterfinals $4,000
II Semi-finals $5,000
II Championship $6,000
III First Round $1,000
III Second Round $1,500
III Quarterfinals $2,000
III Semi-finals $2,500
III Championship $3,000

Note: The amount listed in the table is the total received for the appearance. Ex: For making the DIII Championship game you earn $3000 total for your conference

Potential for ties all over the place.

If I beat Hartwick tomorrow, and Springfield loses to St John Fisher, then we have a 3 way tie for first. Which, if I'm understanding this right (I'm running on abou 30% brain today) it would come down to overall record between Hartwick(33) and Springfield (36)

If Coast Guard beats Plymouth st tomorrow, the winner of WSC and Norwich will move in, and one of those two (WSC/Norwich) will knock Plymouth st out of the Conference championship game for the first time in 16 years!

Again 30% brain power right now, so I could be wrong

Potential for ties all over the place.

If I beat Hartwick tomorrow, and Springfield loses to St John Fisher, then we have a 3 way tie for first. Which, if I'm understanding this right (I'm running on abou 30% brain today) it would come down to overall record between Hartwick(33) and Springfield (36)

If Coast Guard beats Plymouth st tomorrow, the winner of WSC and Norwich will move in, and one of those two (WSC/Norwich) will knock Plymouth st out of the Conference championship game for the first time in 16 years!

Again 30% brain power right now, so I could be wrong

You got the first part right. If Coast Guard beats Plymouth they are solely in first place in that division, thus moving on.

You got the first part right. If Coast Guard beats Plymouth they are solely in first place in that division, thus moving on.

oh , you're right...

The one time the Air Force is right, it has to come at my expense :bang:

;)

I hope everyone is enjoying the first season, we already have 3 new coaches confirmed for next season (two from the board, and SU grad that is in our basketball league) I'll put a post on the board closer to sign ups (the 21st) to see if we can get some more. I'm sure St. John Fisher will go quick, then two more in the Centennial.

If anyone has any buddies that might be interested, feel free to invited them to join. I'd love to see the Centennial fill up, so our brothers over there can have some good battles.

Dude...AF = Smarts Army = Braun

:rolling:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373490294.780527.jpg

Our conference mates that make the playoffs better perform well. Our conference was definitely tough, but I want more recruiting $$$!

How many teams make playoffs? by my calc 32.. is that right?

lost to Union 7-3. Real snoozefest. on to next season for Bart. Gonna give this one more season. Hope it starts to reward preparation rather than simply being a crap shoot. Its odd because I was ok losing to Union just to test a theory, but to have the game planning you are testing mean ZIP... puzzling.

happy to be your crash test dummy and take the W

happy to be your crash test dummy and take the W

yeah i was tweaking with things on offense to see if game planning affected play calling by the program. it does not. So everyone keep that in mind. had i known that my defense was going to play great for once, i may have not tanked the game. Amazing too because i designed a crazy offensive attack and scored 3 points.

i havent score less than that in any one HALF all season, let alone a game. Wild stuff. Disappointing for sure, but it just proves what is pretty obvious anyways... recruiting is ALL that matters in this league.

PS - not taking away from your WIN. good luck today and good luck vs #1 team in the land in the conference title game.

yeah i was tweaking with things on offense to see if game planning affected play calling by the program. it does not. So everyone keep that in mind. had i known that my defense was going to play great for once, i may have not tanked the game. Amazing too because i designed a crazy offensive attack and scored 3 points.

i havent score less than that in any one HALF all season, let alone a game. Wild stuff. Disappointing for sure, but it just proves what is pretty obvious anyways... recruiting is ALL that matters in this league.

PS - not taking away from your WIN. good luck today and good luck vs #1 team in the land in the conference title game.

scored 41 today...

Pretty happy with how the season turned out. 9-4, 3-1 against the Top 25, probably the best QB/WR combo in the conference. Something to build on for sure. Have to re-up when I get paid Monday.

scored 41 today...

yes, my offense rolled all year. the one game it should have blown up though, i scored 3. lol

Pretty good season for Bart. Union had a cupcake schedule and got very lucky not drawing the #1 team in D3 in their cross division games. AH WELL. Good luck Union, take them down !!!

(so i will get money assuming the juggernaut in my conference goes deep in the tourney?)

yes, my offense rolled all year. the one game it should have blown up though, i scored 3. lol

Pretty good season for Bart. Union had a cupcake schedule and got very lucky not drawing the #1 team in D3 in their cross division games. AH WELL. Good luck Union, take them down !!!

(so i will get money assuming the juggernaut in my conference goes deep in the tourney?)

roger that, the farther F&M goes, the more money you get.

So, if your not ranked in the top 32 then your definitely out of the playoffs?

The remaining 32-team field is filled by selecting at-large teams based upon many factors, including winning percentage and strength of schedule.

The remaining 32-team field is filled by selecting at-large teams based upon many factors, including winning percentage and strength of schedule.

lost to Rochester Tech in the first round of the conference tourny in our basketball league. :/
Good luck against Vassar!

lost to Rochester Tech in the first round of the conference tourny in our basketball league. :/
Good luck against Vassar!

Already lost that one...I am done for this season...onto next season...have no seniors, so no recruiting for me!! :(

Already lost that one...I am done for this season...onto next season...have no seniors, so no recruiting for me!! :(

Last season I cut a horrible Soph, had like 1500 for recruiting, and used it to recruit a bad ass SF transfer. Might be worth a shot