College Football Sim League | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

its mostly a crapshoot boys. good entertainment level though. the adjustments you make at half time do very little, if anything, to sway the result. obviously personnel changes are a different story though. I was up 21-7 at the half one game, and adjusted everything to guard against the pass.. and they put up 322 yards passing in the second half and 34 points. LOL

Tough to swallow my 2-2 record. One loss in OT and one loss by 1 point, on a missed XP with 6 seconds left. LOL. Yep, realistic indeed.

This SIM league is all about recruiting. and thats cool, since its the best part of this anyways.

Maybe while you were adjusting your settings to protect the pass, the other coach was adjusting his as well?
Are you just changing the setting in the general screen tendancy to pass or heavy pass and not the actual defensive adjustments within each down?
What defense are you using to defend other plays? If you're using 4-3 and thinks its going to stop a good Trips offense, probably won't work.
What formations are you using? You can change all your tendancies and plays to Dime, but if your players don't practice or play Dime well, won't matter, in fact its probably worse.

Bk 76 and I are in the midst of a thrilling schlobberknocker of a shoot out. The yardage amassed and avg. yds. per play is staggering. Score: 5-3

I hope you are ready for another game like that tomorrow. My team is averaging 16 points a game and hasn't scored more than 20 all year. On the bright side my D has held my opponents to 14 points a game.

Maybe while you were adjusting your settings to protect the pass, the other coach was adjusting his as well?
Are you just changing the setting in the general screen tendancy to pass or heavy pass and not the actual defensive adjustments within each down?
What defense are you using to defend other plays? If you're using 4-3 and thinks its going to stop a good Trips offense, probably won't work.
What formations are you using? You can change all your tendancies and plays to Dime, but if your players don't practice or play Dime well, won't matter, in fact its probably worse.

I understand how SIM games work. been doing them forever. Had they adjusted and run for 700 yds in the second half, i woul've accepted that. This is not what happened. I had every formation and every situation guarding heavy pass (and yes, i was using formations i practice often, mostly dime and nickel) and they shrew for 400 yards lol. Its all good though. Just a game. No biggie.

It's basically two drunk dudes at the bar swinging and completely missing over and over and over.

Lol, great stuff. I'm willing to bet regardless of adjustments, you come out on top. I don't know if you guys have found this too, but, with the lower spreads (under 3) it seems like the game is a crap shoot, could go either way. But the higher spreads the favored team always comes out on top. Whether they don't cover or blow the team out, it's seemed to go the way of the favored, at least for me.

So... i will need help if i am ever gonna beat Franklin & Marshall. Dude threw 77 times and ran 3 (not couting qb scambles) lol. He plays a different qb each half apparently as well. I played nickle and dime on every single down, and in every single formation. Obviously his team is just stacked... but my secondary is probably the best part of the team. Thoughts? What.

PS - my qb is a bumb. 14 for 42?
PPS - i only trailed 17-10 after 3 quarters, then all hell broke loose.

Franklin & Marshall Passing
Player
Pos​
Comp​
Att​
%​
Yds​
TD​
Int​
S​
Thr​
Scr​
Jesse Evans
QB​
26​
42​
61.9​
275​
3​
1​
0​
3​
1​
Miguel Thomas
QB​
24​
35​
68.6​
258​
2​
1​
0​
1​
4​
Franklin & Marshall Rushing
Player
Pos​
Rush​
Yds​
Avg​
TD​
20+​
Lg​
St​
Miguel Thomas
QB​
4​
17​
4.3​
0​
0​
13​
0​
Jesse Evans
QB​
3​
2​
0.7​
0​
0​
4​
0​
Kevin Morse
RB​
3​
4​
1.3​
1​
0​
4​
1​
Hobart Passing
Player
Pos​
Comp​
Att​
%​
Yds​
TD​
Int​
S​
Thr​
Scr​
Joshua Cruz
QB​
14​
42​
33.3​
165​
1​
1​
4​
3​
4​

Lol, great stuff. I'm willing to bet regardless of adjustments, you come out on top. I don't know if you guys have found this too, but, with the lower spreads (under 3) it seems like the game is a crap shoot, could go either way. But the higher spreads the favored team always comes out on top. Whether they don't cover or blow the team out, it's seemed to go the way of the favored, at least for me.

yup. game is a coin toss game regardless of anything you do if the spread is close. i guess thats cool, but they dont really need to make the game planning part of it so detailed when it has very little influence. they should focus all their efforts on recruiting, to make it the best thing possible.

SWFLCUSE, looks like you're on pace to break your high water mark! Leave it to my D to let that happen. Your QB shows signs of life!

Cusetroop - how's your freshman superstar progressing?

SWFLCUSE, looks like you're on pace to break your high water mark! Leave it to my D to let that happen. Your QB shows signs of life!

Ahh not all that bad I guess. Throwing 52%, 7td, 5 INTs. His skill sets are progressing pretty good, I could see him around a 530 his senior year, which is way better than any QB I've had on my roster.

If we could keep this lead against #23 Western Connecticut State, that would be huge.

Don't worry we'll find a way to not score much more in the second half.

In the biggest game of his career, freshman quarterback Thomas Mendez made Western Connecticut State his b1tch. 26-39 324 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Threw two picks, but the defense made up for it with two picks of their own. Has 3-4 Alfred University turned a corner? Was this just a fluke? Is Mendez on HGH? Is the head coach the most handsom SOB in the world? I'm not quite sure.. All I know is, Its a great day to be a Saxon

So close to having a really good year. Unfortunately, I went and scheduled far and away the toughest schedule in the country and now I'm left at 4-5. I have lost 4 games by 5 points and 1 by 10. So close but so far away.

Anything over.500 in the next two years, (this season included), and I'm happy. With how competitive our league is and with learning on the fly I won't really start judging myself until year four, when I've got a whole team in there.

I'm honestly excited for the next recruiting cycle.

Anything over.500 in the next two years, (this season included), and I'm happy. With how competitive our league is and with learning on the fly I won't really start judging myself until year four, when I've got a whole team in there.

Great win Utica... I almost completed the comeback in the second half, but your defense stepped up with an INT when it mattered!

Agreed... but I'm still playing for postseason this year. Our conference is tough, so I have to win out to have a real shot.. Next season is going to be interesting because I have 20 seniors this season.

Alfred picks up their 4th win in a row, 4-1 in conference, 6-4 overall. I was starting to get worried at 2-4, nice little turn around tho. Lets go Saxons!

Merchant Marine did the unthinkable in their latest game! We scored more than 20 points(36 to be exact!). The defense was solid, as always, by posting a shut out. This is a fantastic way to start the toughest four game stretch on our schedule. If we win out could the Marines be looking at a possible at-large bid. Of course we are taking it one game at a time, and look forward to a very tough game at WCSU. May the best team win!