College Football Sim League | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

I have no one apparently interested in me to start the recruiting process. That's just the tops.

They won't be until the initial 24 hour window completes. So at Noon (EST) tomorrow, updates will occur and recruits you have thrown money at should have you listed as one of their interests.

Prior and during the 24 hours window, schools listed by recruits that are interested in are all SIM coached schools.

Figures all the recruits I have on my summary page already are considering others (all sims)...we can't even start recruiting yet!!
I noticed that this time too... Either they're now cherry picking to our recruiting habits, or this is a bizarre coincidence.

I have no one apparently interested in me to start the recruiting process. That's just the tops.
To follow on what AFO said, it's rare that you have recruits interested in you prior to the first round of recruiting actions. After the 24 hour period you should see some of your targets interests aligning more with yours. If not, you will really have to make up some ground.

Further, be careful about focusing all your targeting efforts on recruits already interested in SIM AIs.. Try to focus as much as you can on "undecideds" or recruits who have no interest in other schools. When a recruit lists teams under "considering," you have to battle those other schools for the recruits services, which can get expensive.

Just wanted to comment real quick, I received the scholarship money back for the guy that got his scholly rescinded. It was a Sim AI recruit so maybe that factors. Just for future reference.

For Christ's sake he had an eye patch and was a QB, how many one eyed QB's you know that have been successful? True story.

Just wanted to comment real quick, I received the scholarship money back for the guy that got his scholly rescinded. It was a Sim AI recruit so maybe that factors. Just for future reference.

For Christ's sake he had an eye patch and was a QB, how many one eyed QB's you know that have been successful? True story.

You cut him today, and instantly got the recruiting money for his scholarship?

You cut him today, and instantly got the recruiting money for his scholarship?

Nope, cut him the day I asked you where I could rescind it from. Then, as soon as our schedule showed our budget with the number of schollies open it was there. So I earned 3000 from our playoff trip and have 3000 per open scholly.

Nope, cut him the day I asked you where I could rescind it from. Then, as soon as our schedule showed our budget with the number of schollies open it was there. So I earned 3000 from our playoff trip and have 3000 per open scholly.

ahh roger that, I'll have to remember that

I forgot to tell everyone (or did I) when I cut 5 "walk on's" last year, I received the 3,000 for each scholarship and even though your rep decreases every 2 maybe 3 releases, it goes back up the following year. I do have one question because I have been pretty busy and havent tinkered with anything just yet. I set my gameplan day 1, and havent touched it sense. Does anyone see a big difference from constantly changing it and does anyone actually change it at halftime and does it actually work? And is it possible to scout teams or find out what they like to run? Even though this is my third season (maybe 4th I dont even remember) im still such a noob!!

I forgot to tell everyone (or did I) when I cut 5 "walk on's" last year, I received the 3,000 for each scholarship and even though your rep decreases every 2 maybe 3 releases, it goes back up the following year. I do have one question because I have been pretty busy and havent tinkered with anything just yet. I set my gameplan day 1, and havent touched it sense. Does anyone see a big difference from constantly changing it and does anyone actually change it at halftime and does it actually work? And is it possible to scout teams or find out what they like to run? Even though this is my third season (maybe 4th I dont even remember) im still such a noob!!
I change my gameplan if I'm down at half. I think it had an impact, but it's hard to tell really without playing the same team every game and running different things. Sample size is too small, but I tend to stick with what works as a rule of thumb.

Tick-tock... Bombers are on the clock... It's almost closing time.

I didnt even check my phone last night when I saw the notification, 10:30 my time = 2:30 east coast. I was like "OP is drunk posting, it will give me something to laugh at in the morning"

lol

Ok...so I have 1 recruit undecided, 2 considering me and 2 considering others (sims). Has anyone had any luck prying recruits away from sims?

Ok...so I have 1 recruit undecided, 2 considering me and 2 considering others (sims). Has anyone had any luck prying recruits away from sims?
A pretty high percentage depending on what you spend. Some never come around though.

If someone is considering all sims and I need them i normally give them a run