College Football Sim League | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Okay, I'm in a better position now after the last cycle. I've got 8 guys considering me, 6 of which are ONLY considering me. I need to fill 11 spots, and I've got several new guys targeted I should have a solid shot at.

My recruiting is not going well so far, guys. I'm going to have like all walkons, I think.

My mistake in my first season was trying to canvas many recruits to gauge their interest. I've narrowed my targets down significantly the past two years and go at them hard, it seems to work decently. I'm starting to realize having a walk on or two probably doesn't hurt, you can always make it up later.

Alright, my recruiting is doing a bit better. I've got 11 open spots on my roster, and 11 scholarship offers out. I'm pretty confident in about 8 of them, and the other 3 are kind of toss ups at this point.

Alright, my recruiting is doing a bit better. I've got 11 open spots on my roster, and 11 scholarship offers out. I'm pretty confident in about 8 of them, and the other 3 are kind of toss ups at this point.

13 of 17 locked up. Two more that I'm working on. I should have a little extra cash, so I might try to pull in 2 more late to fill it out, or just eat the two walk ons. I'm pretty stoked about this class.

Does anybody else focus more on the WIS recruiting rankings?

not as much as in the first couple seasons. I started recruiting for position, not for ratings. havent had enough time to see how that was working out for me.

I will say this, the guys who have higher WIS scores seem to attract a lot more suitors than guys with higher rankings and lower WIS scores.

I wish somebody would just tell me how to Win the God Damn INTERNET!!!

Man, I'm in an absolute battle with Cortland over Patrick Crowley, a 485 rated DB. He will be my 15th scholly, and I'll end up with a butt ton of money into him

Man, I'm in an absolute battle with Cortland over Patrick Crowley, a 485 rated DB. He will be my 15th scholly, and I'll end up with a butt ton of money into him
Just outta curiosity, since its against a SIM, what's a "butt ton" of money?

Just outta curiosity, since its against a SIM, what's a "butt ton" of money?

not against a SIM - coach is "blowmehale" lol

I wish I had paid more attention, I thought it was a Sim when I started, then saw that it was a real coach and got serious.

i just pulled up his profile, this is his first season (atleast with this username)

I could prolly lay off, and see what happens, but I dont wanna lose this kid. I'd feel alot better if he was green to me.

Okay, so you more experienced guys, tell me in terms of ratings how this looks for the 11 I'll probably be bringing in:

462 LB
457 DB
450 DB
450 LB
447 RB
445 DB
444 RB
441 TE
435 DL
434 WR
391 QB

The QB was a C-list option, but looking around there don't seem to be many highly rated QBs out there to begin with in this class, anyway.

Okay, so you more experienced guys, tell me in terms of ratings how this looks for the 11 I'll probably be bringing in:

462 LB
457 DB
450 DB
450 LB
447 RB
445 DB
444 RB
441 TE
435 DL
434 WR
391 QB

The QB was a C-list option, but looking around there don't seem to be many highly rated QBs out there to begin with in this class, anyway.

Man, I havent seen a QB over like, 415 yet I dont think.

Give me a few minutes to finish up some work, and I'll go see what ya got

Man, I havent seen a QB over like, 415 yet I dont think.

Give me a few minutes to finish up some work, and I'll go see what ya got

I started recruiting a 418 guy but he was never interested so I moved onto a guy who is really athletic and has a solid work ethic. Unfortunately, not much arm strength at this point.

462 LB
457 DB
450 DB
450 LB
447 RB
445 DB
444 RB
441 TE
435 DL
434 WR
391 QB

Just looking real quick,

Blount, DB - I try to look for DBs that have at the very least, 30 ATH, and 30 GI
Scott looks like he could be a hell of a running back
Wilson looks like he could be a beast DT

Ok finwad and clev...just trying to help you guys out so you dont spend a lot...but you guys are going after a couple guys i have and i have already poured a lot of money into and have a ton of money left...not trying to be a douche...just trying to save ya sone money... :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ok finwad and clev...just trying to help you guys out so you dont spend a lot...but you guys are going after a couple guys i have and i have already poured a lot of money into and have a ton of money left...not trying to be a douche...just trying to save ya sone money... :)

He's lying. I saw his wallet. Nothing but dust

Hey a$$hole, this information would have been much more appreciated last night!! ;)

Serious question... If you promise a recruit he will start as a freshman and redshirt him to start as a RFr, would he transfer?