College Football Sim League | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

saw that today on the forum, if you promise a start freshman year that means his first year regardless of if you redshirt him or not

10 of my 11 have signed. Just a matter of time before the 11th signs. Just sent him a home visit and I'm still the only school he's considering.

Filled all nine of my scholarships. Not as top heavy as some of my other classes, but I'm building some nice depth. Was able to pull a 400 QB out of Louisiana on a Hail Mary in just two cycles of recruiting him.

I've got two guys left that I'm after, but even if I miss on them I'm very happy about my class. I feel like I'm emulating Cuse recruiting because I have four linebackers committed.

Still a trio out there that I've got alotta tin into, but, I'm outta money and if they haven't signed yet. Pretty sure I'm screwed. Every recruit I went after was heavily contested for the most part.walk on central about to go down.

Just filled my last scholarship on a player I had offered but took off my board because I thought I didn't have a chance. Regardless I am very bullish on this class and can't wait for the season to start on Saturday.

well, i signed crowley... i wish i knew how much the Cortland coach spent, cause i dropped alot.

taking two walkons, but my class is legit

well, i signed crowley... i wish i knew how much the Cortland coach spent, cause i dropped alot.

taking two walkons, but my class is legit
The Cortland coach certainly didn't make recruiting easy for me, he was in on a ton of guys I was after.

Still a trio out there that I've got alotta tin into, but, I'm outta money and if they haven't signed yet. Pretty sure I'm screwed. Every recruit I went after was heavily contested for the most part.walk on central about to go down.

yeah every other recruiting season i had everyone signed within one cycle of when we could first sign. this year, no one is signing. i have had 8 guys GREEN since signing day, and none of them have signed. I have six open spots, unreal, and if all these guys diss me... i will have a team full of walk ons.

no clue what is going on this year. i changed nothing with my recruiting style.

only good thing is a scored a 419 QB, who will automatically become my starter since my three guys who are returning all SUCK.

question... if i get dissed and end up with lets say 4 open schollys.. do they assign me walk-on's or do they use my schollys to assign me scrubs.

and if none of these WR sign for me, i will be rolling with just 4 this season. Yikes. (not good when u like running 3 wides alot)

question... if i get dissed and end up with lets say 4 open schollys.. do they assign me walk-on's or do they use my schollys to assign me scrubs.

and if none of these WR sign for me, i will be rolling with just 4 this season. Yikes. (not good when u like running 3 wides alot)

Any open slots not filled by schollies will be filled by walkons...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ok, so next season i will have those 4 carry over plus however many seniors leave? and i can just cut the walk-ons?

You can cut up to 3 players per season. There are no walkons, everyone is given a scholly. So next season you will have 3 cuts plus the seniors for recruiting... Have to wait until the subsequent season to cut that last 'tard.

I just had a similar situation this season.

You can cut up to 3 players per season. There are no walkons, everyone is given a scholly. So next season you will have 3 cuts plus the seniors for recruiting... Have to wait until the subsequent season to cut that last 'tard.

I just had a similar situation this season.

wait, so lets say i play this year with 4 scrubs and i have 12 seniors leave.
i only get 12 schollys next year to play with? and if i cut the scrubs, that is basically pointless right because i will just be playing with 4 less schollys more or less...

i only get 12 schollys next year to play with? and if i cut the scrubs, that is basically pointless right because i will just be playing with 4 less schollys more or less...

If you cut them before recruitng starts, you get the scholly and the money for them.

No, you would have 15 (12 seniors + 3 scrub cuts). You can only cut a max of 3 players per season. You will have to save the last scrub cut for the following season. You will start recruiting with 15 open schollies and $45K, plus any bonuses.

I had to leverage the scrubs and cuts to try to get a better scholly distribution.