College Football Sim League | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

heyyooohhh. Got myself a W! i wish we would have played this good all season.. Lets hope it last a few more games

Rollover to v3.0 happened in Yost last night. Looks like a lot more customization. I've only looked briefly, but it looks like we're going to be able to direct how we want our offenses/defenses to play. Very exciting. Recruiting hasn't really changed, so that's great too considering we're all finally understanding how it works.

Will give a more detailed report once I start playing around with the advanced gameplanning this weekend.

Man, this is the worst season I've had since taking over Alfred.
Hate to ruin your day tomorrow, but you've been warned... I'm looking to wrap this season on a positive note...

Anyone know how to redeem that email or free season for this team? or can you only get a free season for starting a new team? Also, looks like I over-scheduled again (tied #8) and scheduled myself out of a chance for the playoffs. Besides the losses to #16 Hartwick 37-21 and #5 Nichols 48-31 (I was tied with 10 minutes left, ended the game with 7 turnovers), I lost the other 4 games (#24, #25, #28, and #51) by an average of 4 points (5 being the largest margin against plymouth state). Next year Im going to schedule like buttgers!!!

I'm one game away from a probably top 10 finish in the regular season and a perfect conference slate. And im LOSING TO A SCRUB TEAM 10-0 at half. What !! a loss here will piss me off. Mighty Franklin & Marshall awaits in the conference title game. Another loss there, and i would be a low seed in the big dance.

Since i may never get there again, i want to try and make some noise. has anyone here won a playoff game yet??

Love the competition and all but thinking about moving where there's not so much recruiting competition. I'm looking at the top team's rosters and their ratings are so ridiculously high.

Hate to leave what I started though

BOOM !! FG at the buzzer to finish the regular season at 12-1.

So Franklin & Marshall just won 97-3. Their QB threw for 800 yards and 10 TD.
I guess i have quite a challenge ahead of me...

Changed the offense and defense at half. Looks like it was the answer.

...what is this? Haha.

I cant believe you havent seen this sooner. Check out the first couple pages of the thread, and the actual site. Playoffs just started today, so we will be taking new coaches soon.

Its a football sim league, you recruit players, make practice and game plans, and based off your players skills, your game plan, and a little randomness, the computer simulates a game a day. You make your own OOC scheds as well.

Perfect time to jump on, as they just dropped version 3.0 on us. Next season will be our first season with it, so we will all be starting from scratch pretty much. A few of us have played around with it in another world, and its wayyyy in depth..

If you're looking for something to kill time at work, you've come to the right place lol. A few of us are in a basketball league as well.

lost 40-23 to F&M. Oh well. Looking forward to my first post season birth. if i get snubbed, i will smash my monitor and quit this forever.

And tell the new guy to join the Centennial (we are the #1 ranked conference by the way)...

So I just looked and Plymouth state has the 215 ranked schedule. I think Im going with that strategy next year. Whos with me?

I'm dancing baby !!! #5 seed out West, along with Hartwick who is the #6 seed...
Good luck man, lets meet in the Elite 8.

Last edited:
First year I didnt win offensive player of the year, and I just happened to lose it to the player I recruited the hardest.

I'm dancing baby !!! #5 seed out West, along with Hartwick who is the #6 seed...
Good luck man, lets meet in the Elite 8.
Great job! Good luck in the playoffs!

Anyone thats already playing version 3.0, is there an area where you can designate someone as a pass catching TE or a blocking TE for example?

Anyone thats already playing version 3.0, is there an area where you can designate someone as a pass catching TE or a blocking TE for example?
Have first few exhibitions setup for teh weekend.. will do a deep dive into it this weekend and report back.

Look's like we are all going to have to reset our game plans for the start of the season again. The coaching tab seems a lot more in depth, but I haven't really had time to dig in. On a side note I have no idea what I was thinking when I set up my non-conference schedule. I open @ the number 8 team and close out my non-conference @ the number 5 team.:crazy: