Color Me Concerned | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Color Me Concerned

Would love to see his list because I can spend all day breaking the flaws down in them. This should be fun.
Honestly? Right now we're not playing to our potential, and I agree, we're not one of the five best teams right now. Other teams are actually playing to the best of their ability, we're not, and until we do I don't think we're among the top tier of teams right now.

I know I'll be criticized for this post but such is life...

I am very concerned with this team right now.

*Cooney is starting to look very one dimensional and when that dimension is shut down, then what does he give us? His defense is overrated. He has slow feet and he and Ennis allow way too much dribble penetration. He made one huge shot tonight but even that felt like a prayer.

*Way too much isolation offense. CJ forces a lot and if he's off, we are cooked. Tonight he was more on than off.

*Grant is hurt. Back problems linger and this is a guy that hits the deck a half dozen times a game.

*Christmas is still inconsistent. He is what he is but it's frustrating. Total goose egg from him tonight.

*Baye's able to play on the knee but he still has the same hands. I love his heart but his offense is not there and never will be.

*G is not the spark we need off the bench. He's made a few shots but his handle is terrible. He commits bad turnovers.

*Every game is a heart attack. We never put people away. This could be our final downfall in the tourney.

*Our FT shooting is still an issue.

I hope we turn it around but these are legit issues.

Please talk me off the ledge with real insights. Just typing 26-2 isn't going to cut it. I'm starting to lower my expectations and that sucks. My one solace is that all teams have issues.

LGO. Make me believe again.

All the same concerns the team has had and displayed since pretty much day 1 and yet here thy sit 26-2.

It's a flawed team but they find a way to win. Survive and advance

Honestly? Right now we're not playing to our potential, and I agree, we're not one of the five best teams right now. Other teams are actually playing to the best of their ability, we're not, and until we do I don't think we're among the top tier of teams right now.
That doesn't answer the question . Name me teams that are better .

All the same concerns the team has had and displayed since pretty much day 1 and yet here thy sit 26-2.

It's a flawed team but they find a way to win. Survive and advance

That's a load of bull. This team has not been scraping and struggling all year. Going down the list:

- Cooney has been multi-dimensional at points

- Our ISO numbers with Fair have fluctuated during the season

- Christmas showed consistency for a few stretches

And so forth. To say we've had these concerns since Day One is just wrong. Some of these were concerns then, but players proved otherwise at other points of the season but seemingly regressed.

Who's playing to the best of their ability?

That doesn't answer the question . Name me teams that are better .

Right now? Wichita, Florida, Virginia, Duke, Creighton Kansas, and even Wisconsin. All right now are playing better than us, and are playing closer to their potential.

Right now? Wichita, Florida, Virginia, Duke, Creighton Kansas, and even Wisconsin. All right now are playing better than us, and are playing closer to their potential.
First off Kansas almost lost to Texas tech last week similar to the way cuse escaped Maryland yesterday . I'll get back to you on the rest of your list.

Kansas struggled with Oklahoma last night in the phog. I know cause I watched it. Duke very narrowly beat us with a HUGE assist at Cameroon indoor. Virginia has had the luxery of an easy schedule and struggled with Va tech (we beat them by 20) last week. Tides rise and fall,winning is winning. And if we win while playing bad, we'll win when we play well.

First off Kansas almost lost to Texas tech last week similar to the way cuse escaped Maryland yesterday . I'll get back to you on the rest.

Kansas one I listed where I don't believe they're at potential, because of the raw talent on the team. Still though, playing at a higher level than us right now. Sandwiched around that TT game were 30 point drubbings of TCU and Texas.

Oh and talk about injuries Embiid has back and knee issues .

You know back in 2012 people said our flaw was lack of half court offense when we were blowing out teams, this year our flaw is not winning by enough with an excellent game managing half court offense.

You had me until you said "excellent" - I don't think I'd use that term for this team in regards to offense.

Kansas struggled with Oklahoma last night in the phog. I know cause I watched it. Duke very narrowly beat us with a HUGE assist at Cameroon indoor. Virginia has had the luxery of an easy schedule and struggled with Va tech (we beat them by 20) last week. Tides rise and fall,winning is winning. And if we win while playing bad, we'll win when we play well.

Oklahoma is good and to say they struggled is extreme, it would require a more severe word to describe our latest games. And the thing is, we've been playing bad for almost a month now. It's all well and good that we're winning while playing bad, but it's playing with fire. I'm just throwing out some teams that are playing at a high level right now, ranked similarly to us. I don't believe any of those teams are definitively better, but taking our team vs. them right now I'm not confident we come out with the game needed to beat those teams at a rate that's comfortable.

Kansas one I listed where I don't believe they're at potential, because of the raw talent on the team. Still though, playing at a higher level than us right now. Sandwiched around that TT game were 30 point drubbings of TCU and Texas.
Olympics... winter... the year is 2014. Team USA is crushing their opponents in prelim play. Team Canada is just squeeking by in almost every game.

Canada wins the gold.

BUT HOW? THEY NEVER BEAT ANYONE BY 30?

Olympics... winter... the year is 2014. Team USA is crushing their opponents in prelim play. Team Canada is just squeeking by in almost every game.

Canada wins the gold.

BUT HOW? THEY NEVER BEAT ANYONE BY 30?

That's supposed to be a good analogy? Canada had a +9 GD to our +11, you're making up narratives. Not to mention that's not what I'm saying at all, the point with highlighting the score differential is that it shows Kansas is firing on all cylinders for the most part. Are you saying two point eke wins are the best we can do against Maryland? At our best we should drub Maryland by 10-15 even at College Park.

I don't think bubble team was mentioned once on this board all season nor in this post.

There are OBVIOUS concerns that iommi brought up in this thread that are very legitimate and issues that can get us bounced very early in the tournament. 26-2, great, WOOOOOOOO, honestly, who cares? Ever before our two losses our HOF coach said there we could have had 4-5 losses at that point. He wasn't BS'ing, he wasn't trying to be quoted, he wasn't trying to make the other coaches feel good, it's true.

We have a good team, there is no doubt about that but are we as good as our record indicates? I don't think so, personally I think we're a 8-15 team. We've played awful basketball for a month, bad teams hung with us in the beginning of the year, we're lost to a 20 loss team, we almost get beat by a .500 team even with a +6 in the TO department.

We're not bad, we're not awful, but we're not elite. Everybody on here pumping this team up yelling they 26-2 saying we're elite are the same ones who will probably be bitching about the refs if we get booted early in the tournament. We're capable of going far, we're capable of doing well, but we're also capable of losing in the second round as a #1 seed.

#1 I care that we are 26-2
#2 we dont have 4-5 losses as this point
#3 is any team as good as their record indicates?
#4 in todays world of college basketball we are elite
#5 ANY team has the capabilities of doing well or losing in the second round. Name me ONE team in the top 10 that you would be shocked if they lost a second round NCAA game. you cant.

Do yourself a favor and just enjoy the season.

Grant was rested for the whole second half for this coming Saturday . It was great we came out with a win. Btw Maryland has a giant win at home virtually every year.
I used to enjoy seeing them beat Duke

That's supposed to be a good analogy? Canada had a +9 GD to our +11, you're making up narratives. Not to mention that's not what I'm saying at all, the point with highlighting the score differential is that it shows Kansas is firing on all cylinders for the most part. Are you saying two point eke wins are the best we can do against Maryland? At our best we should drub Maryland by 10-15 even at College Park.
Its no the best we can do. Its what we did. While playing poorly... on one leg. Winning is winning. Its a hell of a lot better than losing. And +11 after we allowed 5 in the bronze game. USA was firing on all cylinders and Canada certainly was not. WHEN IT MATTERS good teams win. We have 2 losses. One of them was bs. To a team you said is playing well right now. Who lost to unc... that week.

Some are making Maryland out to be Ithaca College level.
Seriously. That's a bubble team in need of a resume win. Who nearly beat duke at cameron.

Its no the best we can do. Its what we did. While playing poorly... on one leg. Winning is winning. Its a hell of a lot better than losing. And +11 after we allowed 5 in the bronze game. USA was firing on all cylinders and Canada certainly was not. WHEN IT MATTERS good teams win. We have 2 losses. One of them was bs. To a team you said is playing well right now. Who lost to unc... that week.
It was +11 in prelim, seriously where are you looking at stats?

- Christmas showed consistency for a few stretches

Is it possible to be "consistent for a few stretches?"

Any Arsenal fan on the board will chuckle because Theo Walcott famously said he was "consistent in patches," which I think is impossible.

We won at Maryland with Grant missing most of the game, Cooney shooting terrible, and 11 turnovers, but we stink. Duke gets our game given to them, and beats Maryland by two, but I read from people on this board that they are better. Once Cooney starts playing well again that is a 10 to 15 point game.

Anyone being a negative nancy about the team needs to go back in time a year ago today and tell me how we were playing, because we got BLOWN out by Georgetown, not on the road, but at the dome in front of 35,000 people. We are 26-2. Maybe some of you don't like close games, but I can say with good confidence that we are winning games while not even playing close to our best. We have been blown out exactly 0 times this year. last year it happened 3 or 4 times. If we finish the regular season 29-2 and win the ACC everyone should be happy, because I didn't see many people in this thread making these predicitions before the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom