Corner Turned | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Corner Turned

You, and Ottointhegrotto, may very well be right about that. I'm just a bit skittish on even uttering the phrase "turned corner" until we actually start stringing together a few more of these types of games. For the record, I think we're going to do just that.
I'm not on the turn the corner train just yet. But i feel better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What's that got to do with their offense?
You said that NW is a "good" team - they might be a a mediocre team. Their DBs are terrible - haven't learned you actually have to look back at the ball when you're running stride for stride with the WR. Athlon rated their DBs 10th out of 11 in the B1G. Phil Steele predicted them to finish 5th out 6th in the BiG Legends.

Agree totally. We looked like a potent offensive team with an agressive, physical defense. And that was with several key players out or not being used yet. We lost one we should have won but there are games I thought we might be overmatched that are very much in play now. Really, only USC seems out of reach.

I think this team we saw Saturday would have beaten last year's team 11 times in 12 games.

As Matt Park said, the problems with this team can be fixed on the practice field. You don't need to go to the recruiting trail or the weight room to fix them.

As much as the offense has apparently improved, the defense is still poor, if not worse than a year ago. Let a backup QB who's never played before drive down the field for the game-winning touchdown. Pathetic.

I'm not going to jump up and down after that.

Barkley and Co. could put up 80 next week. And I'm not exaggerating.

The last drive was all about a poor zone prevent defense preventing us from winning. They had one drive through the first 58 minutes thats it defense is much improved.

You said that NW is a "good" team - they might be a a mediocre team. Their DBs are terrible - haven't learned you actually have to look back at the ball when you're running stride for stride with the WR. Athlon rated their DBs 10th out of 11 in the B1G. Phil Steele predicted them to finish 5th out 6th in the BiG Legends.

NWestern has been a solid mid tier BCS program for an extended period.

No they wouldnt i believe they could stay within 30 points of half the teams and they might actually give a couple of pro teams a decent game.

By "pro teams," you're talking about the CFL or Arena League, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom