Corner Turned | Syracusefan.com

Corner Turned

GoSU96

Living Legend
Bitches

Totally cold post, haven't read the board or paper but SU dominated everywhere but the scoreboard yesterday.

I revise my season prediction from 7-5 to 8-4, and wouldn't be surprised if doesn't turn out better. The offense did that without it's best OL and WR, Holy cow. I was expecting improvement but I wasn't expecting that much. Different team out there guys and girls. I can see 7-0, 6-1 in the BE.

You spot a bad team 28 pts, let alone a mid level Big 10 team, you should get smoked, not lose on a nonsense PF with less than a minute left in the game. That was like NCST, OU (2x), UT, PSU (the fumble), @Minny giveaways. And that might not be the worst thing in the world, those were very good teams with What losses. If losing to a good NWestern team is a What loss, that tells me the program has come a long way.

This team has some ceiling left to, Pugh, Lemon, Stevens, Thompson, more Broyld, maybe Morris, the new DT's.

Ran into Alec Lemon and his family in the Armory, he thinks he'll be ready to go next week, and he really wants to play against SC. Before yesterday I would have wanted him and Pugh to sit it out, now if they both aren't pushing it before they are ready, give it go at shocking the world.

Quick hits: DE could turn out to be the best safety in the program since Darius. Shamarko is a freaking beast. Goggins has turned it up a notch. I don't think Nassib was sacked once on 60 passing attempts. Thanks for joining the program Chris and Markus. Send it in Jerome, kid is a different player, much faster than before. Who knew Kobena could catch the ball.

Disappointing outcome, but the program is heading in the right direction.

Right direction indeed. I liked the fact that Nassib/Hackett went back to receivers that dropped the ball. We need everyone to contribute and knowing your teammate has faith in you like that shows me that this is a different team. I really liked what I saw and there are a lot of fixable stuff that they can improve on.

I also love what Marrone said, we will take advantage of what weaknesses the defense has so if it's run or pass, they will go for the sieve and punch it like Tyson in his prime.

I agree go, very very encouraged as to what I saw yesterday minus the punt coverage and the last 44 seconds.. I think we may have seen what marrone's vision for the offense at least the format of it has always been, I was told 2 years ago that was where we were going Anyway, fun to watch and very encouraged. The wins will come, maybe next week

right direction - no doubt

turned - not yet ... gotta win the game for it to be turned

but I am optimistic and excited for the potenital ... great game Ryan and Hackett

Right direction indeed. I liked the fact that Nassib/Hackett went back to receivers that dropped the ball. We need everyone to contribute and knowing your teammate has faith in you like that shows me that this is a different team. I really liked what I saw and there are a lot of fixable stuff that they can improve on.
I also love what Marrone said, we will take advantage of what weaknesses the defense has so if it's run or pass, they will go for the sieve and punch it like Tyson in his prime.

When you throw the ball 60 times you will have a drop or two people need to accept that. It will happen. Somebody here was calling sales a bum after he dropped one, completely ridiculous

I could not agree more. This zone read offense installed by Hackett/Marrone will be even better with a dual threat QB (i.e. Zach Allen).

The one thing we can be proud of is the fact these kids did not call it quits when they were down 35-13 (like many of the students and bandwagon fans did). For all of us on this board that stayed we saw one hell of a comeback. I honestly believe this team will go bowling this year.

As much as the offense has apparently improved, the defense is still poor, if not worse than a year ago. Let a backup QB who's never played before drive down the field for the game-winning touchdown. Pathetic.

I'm not going to jump up and down after that.

Barkley and Co. could put up 80 next week. And I'm not exaggerating.

I was hot and upset that we didn't look better then I thought we would. I've never left a game early but for a couple of minutes I contemplated doing it in the 3rd quarter. Very weak by me, glad the players had more mental toughness then I did for a couple minutes. Glad I stayed, wish we won but it was a hell of a game.

Bitches

Totally cold post, haven't read the board or paper but SU dominated everywhere but the scoreboard yesterday.

I revise my season prediction from 7-5 to 8-4, and wouldn't be surprised if doesn't turn out better. The offense did that without it's best OL and WR, Holy cow. I was expecting improvement but I wasn't expecting that much. Different team out there guys and girls. I can see 7-0, 6-1 in the BE.

You spot a bad team 28 pts, let alone a mid level Big 10 team, you should get smoked, not lose on a nonsense PF with less than a minute left in the game. That was like NCST, OU (2x), UT, PSU (the fumble), @Minny giveaways. And that might not be the worst thing in the world, those were very good teams with What losses. If losing to a good NWestern team is a What loss, that tells me the program has come a long way.

This team has some ceiling left to, Pugh, Lemon, Stevens, Thompson, more Broyld, maybe Morris, the new DT's.

Ran into Alec Lemon and his family in the Armory, he thinks he'll be ready to go next week, and he really wants to play against SC. Before yesterday I would have wanted him and Pugh to sit it out, now if they both aren't pushing it before they are ready, give it go at shocking the world.

Quick hits: DE could turn out to be the best safety in the program since Darius. Shamarko is a freaking beast. Goggins has turned it up a notch. I don't think Nassib was sacked once on 60 passing attempts. Thanks for joining the program Chris and Markus. Send it in Jerome, kid is a different player, much faster than before. Who knew Kobena could catch the ball.

i thought jerome was a little faster as a freshmen until he was getting hurt. building confidence could make some play at a faster level

As much as the offense has apparently improved, the defense is still poor, if not worse than a year ago. Let a backup QB who's never played before drive down the field for the game-winning touchdown. Pathetic.

funny how bath salts hits people in different ways

REALLY, CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME A BCS SCHOOL WAS UP 80 POINTS ON A BCS SCHOOL, DO TELL.

I agree go, very very encouraged as to what I saw yesterday minus the punt coverage and the last 44 seconds.. I think we may have seen what marrone's vision for the offense at least the format of it has always been, I was told 2 years ago that was where we were going Anyway, fun to watch and very encouraged. The wins will come, maybe next week
I mean, those slants to TE's, and the screens, that's New Orleans bread and butter. Some deep passes mixed in, we're watching a NO lite out there in terms of what they're trying to do.

D gave up 28. 14 of those they were put in bad positions, but they could have held to a FG and couldn't do it either time.

NWestern is a good team. They've been a very good to excellence offense for a long time. They saw Danny in there and attacked him with a wheel route. It happens.

I am not so sure how good NW really is. Their D looked really weak especially the secondary. I like the new look offense and I think the D was improved but I would not get so excited after losing to a very average at best NW team. I am sure we will get better but so will everyone else. Time will tell.

We held a good offensive team to under 350 yards. That defense last year gets torched for 500. Night and day difference in the defense year in year. 5 sacks, 15 TFL. USC will lights up, as they will everyone else but this has a chance to be a nice defense this year. Couple that with a really good offense and we might have something here.

NWestern is a good team. They've been a very good to excellence offense for a long time. They saw Danny in there and attacked him with a wheel route. It happens.

True.

I still say Nassib leads this team to some wins and plays himself into the 2nd round of next April's draft. But I'm disappointed in the defense. But it's a long year so hopefully it gets better.

Bitches

I think I may have had the same title to a post after the WVU game last year so be careful. We are clearly headed in the right direction on both sides of the ball and we outplayed a mid level b1G team rather significantly.

But IMO turning the proverbial corner can only happen if you pull out the W there. I certainly saw a lot that I liked but im going to save that "corner" moment until a bigger win later in the year.

I predicted 7-5 but one of those wins was NW. I'm going to keep my prediction at 7-5 though because I now think we will pick up an extra win down the road somewhere. 8-4, 9-3 may be a stretch but this is certainly a bowl team this year. It has to be.

And I hope people begin to appreciate Nassib a bit more this year. He's a nice career thus far and is going to break all sorts of record. I would love to see the kid do so going out with an 8 or 9 win season that's for sure. Hope you are right there.

Excellent post. Could not agree more. If we get Pugh and lemon healthy and the rest of team stays healthy. We could win the BE. Without WV the conference is open. Just got to beat UofL at home.

I will have you know my good sir that a bast*rd a may be, but a bitch I am not. Due to your enthusiasm, I will give you a like. ;)

Mem

I think we're at the stop sign with our blinker on preparing to make turn. Far too many mistakes to profess the corner has been turned. We all said same thing against WVU last year and look what happened.

Anyone hear and injury report? From my observation, looked like cramps and not too much more except for eskridge. He looked a bit shaken.

As others have pointed out lets see what happens in the Stony Brook and Minnesota games before we make the claim that the corner has been turned. If this team takes care of business in weeks 3 and 4 I think we have a great shot at a bowl and a chance to go out strong in the last year of the BE. I want to see if this team can clean up the continued discipline issues and inability to make a big stop on D before I start celebrating.

As others have pointed out lets see what happens in the Stony Brook and Minnesota games before we make the claim that the corner has been turned. If this team takes care of business in weeks 3 and 4 I think we have a great shot at a bowl and a chance to go out strong in the last year of the BE. I want to see if this team can clean up the continued discipline issues and inability to make a big stop on D before I start celebrating.

You do that.

Wow. Says a lot that you're revising up after what the majority of us thought was a win-column game.

We will need to get rid of the What ST play and really stupid penalties. In theory, that should be correctible, but damn it, those things have plagued us seemingly. Still, lots of hope.

8-4...Hope you're right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom