Couple of replay comments | Syracusefan.com

Couple of replay comments

GoSU96

Living Legend
1. Have to repeat, outstanding game by Lemon and Smith. Staff did a great job with the game plan featuring those two, and they stepped up and got it done.

2. You could see Broyld has committed to doing what he needs to do to get on the field. On the play where he blasted Moore he came off of that block, got up field and got a solid block on another guy. He also had an excellent block in the 3rd on a play that was called back because of a hold. Looks like they had him work on the fundamentals necessary to get on the field and he got it done. Great job by him.

3. Two guys who got killed by many here, Diabate and Davis, were outstanding.

4. A legit power run game with some burst combined with the pass offense really gives these guys some options.

1. Have to repeat, outstanding game by Lemon and Smith. Staff did a great job with the game plan featuring those two, and they stepped up and got it done.

2. You could see Broyld has committed to doing what he needs to do to get on the field. On the play where he blasted Moore he came off of that block, got up field and got a solid block on another guy. He also had an excellent block in the 3rd on a play that was called back because of a hold. Looks like they had him work on the fundamentals necessary to get on the field and he got it done. Great job by him.

4. A legit power run game with some burst combined with the pass offense really gives these guys some options.

Yup. I'll be the first to admit that I have been critical of Diabate's play at the beginning of the season. But these past 2 weeks, he really seems to be getting a whole lot more comfortable with the position and playing within himself.

I remember that play with Broyld blocking. At the time I thought - how the hell is he back in the play still blocking after getting a very nice initial block? Good to see.

Lemon played possessed. That kid fought for every inch. It was great to see a senior playing with a fire in his gut.

On your point #3: a big factor in that is that the DL is (a) holding up at the point of attack / LOS, and (b) occupying blockers, which enables the LBs to run untouched to the ball.

Seems like every running play, our fast LBs are behind the LOS even before the runner gets to the hole. I'm certain that this was Schaefer's vision for having fast LBs free to make plays all over the field. Really coming together now that the DL is starting to round into form.

It looked like the kids read the snap count almost perfectly.

yeah as to Broyld forget his freakish athleticsm for a second (especially for his size), but with respect to that size he can be a punishing blocker if he continues to work at it. He, Smith and Gulley can be a fairly dynamic trio going forward. As a runner that one run by Broyld was amazing with the two cut back moves that left opposing guys out of their shoes. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

Pretty sure they are both JRs
Same class and Smith played both years

Smith got hurt early in 2010 though, which means they may be able to Medical Redshirt him.

he played two games. so he will get a RS unless he or the team doesn't want to.

he played two games. so he will get a RS unless he or the team doesn't want to.

Please tell me this is a rule and not something the NCAA has to decide. If so, SU should apply now so they could get a decision by 2014.

Please tell me this is a rule and not something the NCAA has to decide. If so, SU should apply now so they could get a decision by 2014.

Thought they had to petition for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom