Court storm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Court storm

Yup. And in a final 4 year when we beat GTown too(96). GTown in 96, 01, 07, and 08 for sure. We've done many very questionable court stormings. Not so much in the last 4-5 years. But we stormed the court for 4 different wins in our national title season, alone.
I remember storming the court about 4 times for that Pitt game as a student during the '03 season. As someone else point out, it's 90% students storming the court most of whom haven't been lifelong fans who have seen all the wins that made the program great throughout the years. I say if you're paying all that tuition money, have at it and storm the court. You only get to be a student once.

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy a good court storming. It looks like fun. I enjoy revelry. I enjoy the word revelry. I enjoy the words court storming.

I am not saying where I fall on all court stormings, but this one I was wound up and wanted something to feel good about and it worked. If Duke trounces us on Saturday and had won tonight, i can't say for sure they wouldn't deserve to be ranked ahead of us. This took some wind out of their sails. Storm on UNC kids, storm on!

Last edited:
I remember storming the court about 4 times for that Pitt game as a student during the '03 season. As someone else point out, it's 90% students storming the court most of whom haven't been lifelong fans who have seen all the wins that made the program great throughout the years. I say if you're paying all that tuition money, have at it and storm the court. You only get to be a student once.

That one too! Though as tough as Pitt was and as dramatic as that game was, that game deserved a court storming(or three).

But Rutgers? (Small group, but they were out there)? Missouri? Even ND...they were ranked 10th I believe, but still. It's ND basketball who we almost always beat.

We've had many more questionable court stormings than an unranked UNC having a rough year beating top 5 Duke. I just named 3 worse ones in one season(our NC season!)

Yes. They've had the weirdest up and down year I can think of for any team (off the top of my head). I am shocked they beat Duke. It's good for the standings but I fear it will be taken out on us at Cameron. There will be blood.

I like when beadle talks in an ominous tone! Does this mean the hand of Lawrinson will have to bloody your face even more? May run out of room before the season is done!

DONT YOU KNOW 30 YEARS BEFORE YOU WERE BORN UNC WON A TITLE?!?!

Or, you know, like twice in the last nine years. C'mon.

It feels like court storming has lost its luster. UNC has won 8 straight now!

WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF YOUR SECOND CHILD?!

YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE!

ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE!!!

If I'm a UNC fan I don't think the birth of my child and a win against Duke in February are on the same level.

UNC has beaten Duke 133 times.

I like when beadle talks in an ominous tone! Does this mean the hand of Lawrinson will have to bloody your face even more? May run out of room before the season is done!
Yes, when I did my Cassandra prophecy of carnage, I felt a little frisson of terror for my CJ cat. Hasn't he endured enough?

Biggest rivalry in basketball, UNC in a down year.

I watched the game at a bar with a friend. We watched UNC rush.. I looked at my buddy and said "man... I wish I could be a part of something so awesome... My team, beating my most hated rival, and being able to rush the court"

We were all kids once... And given the chance to rush the court after beating a top 5 gtown, when we are unbanked... Idc how "blue blood" you think Syracuse should be, or how much you feel like we should "act like we've been there" you would have rushed with everyone else... And you know you would have...

Most of us just didn't get the chance. Don't hate on the kids that do

Maybe they should print up some t-shirts and sell the nets.

You know...you're probably a jerk who I will rip on at some point. But you deserve a like here.

The net thing was friggin ridiculous. I'd like to buy the whole net just so I can choke whoever was responsible for that crap with it.

You've made the same joke two posts in a row. I guess fans have never been accused of being creative or smart so that makes sense.

Just different opinions I guess.

In my mind if you go to UNC you are trading in your court storming experience in favor of having a basketball team that brings in the top national talent and should be in the hunt every year.

If you want to storm the court, High Point University is an hour west of UNC. Enroll there instead and pray they beat a top team at home while you're there.

Yes, when I did my Cassandra prophecy of carnage, I felt a little frisson of terror for my CJ cat. Hasn't he endured enough?

Yet through it all he keeps a winning smile! Please don't abuse the lil guy!

You've made the same joke two posts in a row. I guess fans have never been accused of being creative or smart so that makes sense.
I like when other team's fans visit here, because it leads to good banter. It seems like the majority are respectful, and just want t guage what our fan base is thinking/talking about. Then there is that guy.

We are getting over 26,000 for each of our home games. You rarely sell out Gample. Perhaps Syracuse overreacts, or maybe they realize what it takes to market this program so our fans don't turn into apathetic "act like you've been there before" idiots like you and the rest of the morons that make up your fan base.

Acting like you've been there is f****** boring. Good for UNC for having the temerity to HAVE FUN while watching a basketball game, which from my understanding, is supposed to be fun.

Last edited:
Back when we beat uconn in 2000 we stormed the court. It's like a mosh pit, it's absolute chaos. Shoes were flying all over the place. Never understood why somebody would want to take their shoes off during a court storming.

That's so cute. A YouCon fan visiting here on the night of their glorious win over Temple. I feel so special.

I can't wait to storm the court at Cameron tomorrow. Who's with me?

Go Cuse!

Honestly, I floored UNC stormed against Duke. This team has struggled this season, but they have beaten Michigan State, Kentucky, Louisville ALL THIS SEASON and it wasn't a real big upset IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom