Crean out at IU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Crean out at IU

I don't think many UCLA alums/movers and shakers like Alford much (despite his recent recruiting, which I've heard owes much to the connections of those alums/movers-shakers) - I don't think Alford feels much love there

Brad Stevens? The only Brad Stevens I know coaches the Celtics. Is there another Brad Stevens?
2nkp7y8.jpg

I don't think many UCLA alums/movers and shakers like Alford much (despite his recent recruiting, which I've heard owes much to the connections of those alums/movers-shakers) - I don't think Alford feels much love there
I have 2-3 friends that went to UCLA. Successful people but by no means big time alumni and they all can't stand Alford. One of them went so far to say the downside of this season for them is it could buy Alford more time.

The perfect guy for them [especially considering the ties to the state of Indiana] would be Brad Stevens.

Alford makes sense too, now that they are so far removed from Bobby Knight.

I can't believe he would leave the Celts at this point.

Financially, agree 100%. I think it all comes down to whether he prefers the NBA or coaching at the collegiate level. He's been very successful at the NBA level, but maybe he'd want to go back -- especially for an elite program.

Obviously, I don't have any insight into what Brad Stevens prefers.

Financially, agree 100%. I think it all comes down to whether he prefers the NBA or coaching at the collegiate level. He's been very successful at the NBA level, but maybe he'd want to go back -- especially for an elite program.

Obviously, I don't have any insight into what Brad Stevens prefers.
At the very least, he should leverage it to get a new contract with the Celtics.

IU is probably less appealing to Tremont Waters now, although Crean might continue to recruit him wherever he ends up. He can probably get another job quickly.

I read that Illinois is preparing a huge offer for Tony Bennett. I understand why IU would focus on Alford, but Illinois would come out on top in that matchup.

IU is probably less appealing to Tremont Waters now, although Crean might continue to recruit him wherever he ends up. He can probably get another job quickly.

I read that Illinois is preparing a huge offer for Tony Bennett. I understand why IU would focus on Alford, but Illinois would come out on top in that matchup.
Interesting. Wonder why Bennett would go there. I guess its' closer to Wisconsin, but certainly not a better hoops school. Money talks though. B10 has way too much of it.

huh? you mean with Bennett or in general?
Indiana has more $$, more tradition and more clout than Illinois

If Illinois ends up with Bennett and Indiana ends up with Alford, I expect Illinois to win more games and generally be a better program in the future than Indiana.

Josh Newkirk might be an interesting grad transfer possibility. Not great, but would provide good depth.

I was just out there before the season started and I saw billboard trucks all around westwood wanting him gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom