crowd vs weather tues | Syracusefan.com

crowd vs weather tues

upperdeck

Living Legend
who wins.. support the team, brave the blizzard? going to be tough travel for anyone coming very far.

As I said in another thread, i checked wunderground.com and the graph shows that upper limit will not be reached until midnight, long after fans will be gone. I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make, but it clearly will be significant compared to imagining the upper limit of the projection happening at the beginning of the game. At tip off the total snowfall wont be even close to when the upper limit is reached at midnight and what carries long into the next day.

Headmaster9 & I will be there. I live in Syracuse but work in Norwich. It's 133 miles round trip. I'm suppose to work a 1o hour shift on Tuesday, but will take a half day and shift my caseload to Wednesday, which I originally took off as a travel day to follow Syracuse in the NCAA. The drive with the snow will be tough, but I want to be there for the team.
We are disappointed to not make the NCAA, but will support our team through the NIT. I'm always bummed to hear others who say they are fans, but then will not support or follow the team in the NIT. I have close friends who do this, and I love them dearly, but I guess they are not true diehards like Headmaster9 and I. I hope for a big crowd, but expect less then 2k.

IMG_5026.PNG
Maybe they should move the game to Greensboro.

Headmaster9 & I will be there. I live in Syracuse but work in Norwich. It's 133 miles round trip. I'm suppose to work a 1o hour shift on Tuesday, but will take a half day and shift my caseload to Wednesday, which I originally took off as a travel day to follow Syracuse in the NCAA. The drive with the snow will be tough, but I want to be there for the team.
We are disappointed to not make the NCAA, but will support our team through the NIT. I'm always bummed to hear others who say they are fans, but then will not support or follow the team in the NIT. I have close friends who do this, and I love them dearly, but I guess they are not true diehards like Headmaster9 and I. I hope for a big crowd, but expect less then 2k.

Ha, I havent seen your posts in awhile, for whatever reason. I generally see the other 9, Headmaster, and you 9's always mention the other guy. It's pretty cool to have a friendship and game companion like that! I actually had a very good experience this season at Wisconsin with Zippie. The guy seems to do everything right, and I endorse him for anyone needing someone to split a pair of tickets like I(he) did this season. I think it's cool you guys have been set for years. I really appreciate fans like you. I think this thread under estimates central new yorkers! If people dont go, it wont be due to the weather(other than maybe the students who might choose to come back). The locals are rugged, as are people like you within a good radius.

If the fan base consisted of the large amount of fair-weather fans that come here daily you may be right. However, I have faith the true fans will spend their time and money supporting the program instead of hiding behind a keyboard throwing stones at it.
what about the portion of the fan base that spent thousands on season tickets an isn't going to spend more on an NIT game?

Ha, I havent seen your posts in awhile, for whatever reason. I generally see the other 9, Headmaster, and you 9's always mention the other guy. It's pretty cool to have a friendship and game companion like that!.

LOL. They are husband and wife.

If the fan base consisted of the large amount of fair-weather fans that come here daily you may be right. However, I have faith the true fans will spend their time and money supporting the program instead of hiding behind a keyboard throwing stones at it.
so the true fans are the ones that buy a $15 ticket to an NIT game, not the ones that spent the thousands. good analysis dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom