crowd vs weather tues | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

crowd vs weather tues

Headmaster9 is my wife. We met when Syracuse played Kentucky in the dome in 94 and got married in Las Vegas on our way to see Syracuse play Alabama in Phoenix in 2004. We've been traveling around the country watching Syracuse play every since.
SUball
Now I feel even worse that we won't be in the Final Four in my current town. We could have celebrated an anniversary at the same time!!!!

Syracuse vs. UNC Greensboro
Print at Home
Carrier Dome
Tue, Mar 14, 2017
7:00PM
Section 109, Row F, Seat 9 Ticket - $15.00
Syracuse vs. UNC Greensboro
Print at Home
Carrier Dome
Tue, Mar 14, 2017
7:00PM
Section 109, Row F, Seat 10 Ticket - $15.00
Payment Details -
Thank you for your payment!
$35.00
Item Total:
$30.00
Service Charges: $5.00
Delivery Charges: $0.00
Paid Today: $35.00
Balance: $0.00

Now I feel even worse that we won't be in the Final Four in my current town. We could have celebrated an anniversary at the same time!!!!

Hoping they make it out west this year. Thought I'd get to see them in Atlanta and work got in the way of that.

Wha # will it take for someone to consider the crowd a winner in the thread title's battle? When does the crowd get to wear the title belt?!? Serious question... what attendance makes the crowd victorious?

the point is that I am not paying even more money than I already have to watch 2 grad transfers make mind-boggling decision after mind-boggling decision with impunity.

Oh great. Back to blaming the grad transfers for everything. Go talk to Fairfax in that other thread about how they ruined the season. You two are brilliant.

Headmaster9 is my wife. We met when Syracuse played Kentucky in the dome in 94 and got married in Las Vegas on our way to see Syracuse play Alabama in Phoenix in 2004. We've been traveling around the country watching Syracuse play every since.
SUball
If there is ever an SU hoops fans hall of fame, Obie9 and @Headmaster9 are in on the first ballot. Number nine? Number nine? Number nine?

Also, if you believe weather.com, we are going to get hammered starting around 11 AM Tuesday until around midnight.

I expect the good folks from Greensboro will remember their trip to Syracuse for a while.

1-3 inches Tuesday daytime and another 1-3 Tuesday night.
most forecasts have syracuse in 10+ by 8pm with 10-20 by wed. on top of very gusty winds and white out conditions mist of tuesday.

it may well end up 2-6 but that is on the very low end of the scale. some models have it being much worse for much of the area.

it will be an interesting storm to track.. the NAM from this morning has it moving more west which puts central NY in the 15-25 range. time will tell if it hold true. many have been calling for a slight westward track and the coast to get more mixing than snow.

most forecasts have syracuse in 10+ by 8pm with 10-20 by wed. on top of very gusty winds and white out conditions mist of tuesday.

it may well end up 2-6 but that is on the very low end of the scale. some models have it being much worse for much of the area.

Yea, now it says 5-8 during the day and 3-5 during the night.

Greensboro people better be ready for subzero wind chill arctic gales which can cause frostbite and loss of feeling in the extremities.

I would definitely be there with my kids if not for the fact that my two daughters have AAU practice that night. It is one of the only chances I get to take my kids to a game where we can sit in the good seats. My kids get that the NIT is the "crap tournament" as my 8 year old is calling it today but for them it is still fun to see their heroes up close, which they can't do in the regular season. It is also a good lesson for me to show them how to make lemonade out of lemons. Remember, one of the proudest moments I have as an SU fan was when we put 25K into the Dome for an NIT game to support the team that got royally snubbed a few years back.

for them it is still fun to see their heroes up close, which they can't do in the regular season.
Up close you can't see plays develop. 200s and 300s sideline are the best seats for actually watching the game... and a much better value. But I get that many fans want to see muscles and sweat in high definition, sort of like sitting in the front row of the movie theater.

I don't see much reason to go. There aren't any beloved seniors that I want to watch play one last time, the game is against a bad team, and it's the freakin' NIT.

Up close you can't see plays develop. 200s and 300s sideline are the best seats for actually watching the game... and a much better value. But I get that many fans want to see muscles and sweat in high definition, sort of like sitting in the front row of the movie theater.
I do not disagree with that which is why I love my season tickets in the upper end zone for FB. But being able to sit courtside for $5.00 is a great treat for my kids who are not really looking into how effective UNCG is using the high/low against the zone but are more interested in seeing Lydon, White et al. up close.

I do not disagree with that which is why I love my season tickets in the upper end zone for FB. But being able to sit courtside for $5.00 is a great treat for my kids who are not really looking into how effective UNCG is using the high/low against the zone but are more interested in seeing Lydon, White et al. up close.
Not to mention without alcohol this becomes a pretty appealing event for kids.

Totally understand those that might not go because of the weather but I guess I'm a little surprised with some posters who are just not going to go because it's the NIT, it's beneath us etc. You wouldn't be on here if you weren't pretty hard core fans so I'm trying not to judge. Sure it's disappointing and it may be that I haven't lived in the area for 30 years, but I'd love to be able to go to any game. I'll be watching - I can't imagine us playing and not watching.

Totally understand those that might not go because of the weather but I guess I'm a little surprised with some posters who are just not going to go because it's the NIT, it's beneath us etc. You wouldn't be on here if you weren't pretty hard core fans so I'm trying not to judge.
I will certainly not speak for anyone else, but I suspect for many hardcore fans it's just too depressing to pretend we're invested in a season that has basically expired. We're playing for the rights to say "we're #69!" Yay. C'mon. Now I suppose if expectations were low from the beginning and this team showed steady improvement then I think the general vibe would be more supportive.

If i somehow don't have to work tomorrow night, I will be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom