crowd vs weather tues | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

crowd vs weather tues

Totally understand those that might not go because of the weather but I guess I'm a little surprised with some posters who are just not going to go because it's the NIT, it's beneath us etc. You wouldn't be on here if you weren't pretty hard core fans so I'm trying not to judge. Sure it's disappointing and it may be that I haven't lived in the area for 30 years, but I'd love to be able to go to any game. I'll be watching - I can't imagine us playing and not watching.

I'll be watching the game but there has to be some exciting reason for me to go in-person. Unless I luck into courtside seats, spending the money and time to watch us stomp on some crummy team in a tournament that doesn't mean anything isn't a high priority. I skip some early season games against low-majors for a similar reason.

If you spend thousands on seasons and can't scrape up $15.00 for a tourney game I'm not sure what to say.
That'll teach them for sure. Isn't that the exact definition of fair weather fan? Certainly your given right but hey at least admit and own it.

Please tell me...what is the true definition of a "fair weather fan?"

Not everyone is well off financially, or healthy enough to attend games. I get tired of people calling others "fair weather fans," because they don't go to every game at the Dome.

Many retired individuals who have been following SU since the days of Dave Bing, spend what little money they have on some of the games. Most of the time their trying to save enough enough money each month to pay for their prescriptions, and don't have the option of spending money on extra games, like tournaments.

So are these individuals, who love SU sports but can't afford to go to every game because they really can't afford to, or they have a debilitating medical issue, are they "fair weather fans?"

Not everyone is well off financially, or healthy enough to attend games. I get tired of people calling others "fair weather fans," because they don't go to every game at the Dome.

Many retired individuals who have been following SU since the days of Dave Bing, spend what little money they have on some of the games. Most of the time their trying to save enough enough money each month to pay for their prescriptions, and don't have the option of spending money on extra games, like tournaments.

So are these individuals, who love SU sports but can't afford to go to every game because they really can't afford to, or they have a debilitating medical issue, are they "fair weather fans?"

Absolutely not. It's the keyboard warriors who won't go, watch or root for the team despite limited hurdles to provide said support when the chips are down. The ones who are with the program as long as their personal expectations are met but bail when they're not. The ones saying you couldnt pay them to go to the game. The ones declaring the season over although there are games left to be played.

Those are the front-runners or fair-weather fans imo.

Just saw there is a state of emergency starting at midnight. Any talk of game being postponed ?

I've driven 90+ minutes each way ~20 times this year for bball and football (season ticket holder for both) and I wouldn't dream of doing the drive for this game.

A) Crappy game
B) Crappy weather (20"+ here)

I guess I'm a fair weathered fan...

Absolutely not. It's the keyboard warriors who won't go, watch or root for the team despite limited hurdles to provide said support when the chips are down. The ones who are with the program as long as their personal expectations are met but bail when they're not. The ones saying you couldnt pay them to go to the game. The ones declaring the season over although there are games left to be played.

Those are the front-runners or fair-weather fans imo.

BTW, I wasn't picking on you. Just the fact that others have been using the "fair weather fan" chant to bash anyone and everyone who does not attend all of the games.

I am in Charlotte, NC and cannot attend.

Ha, I havent seen your posts in awhile, for whatever reason. I generally see the other 9, Headmaster, and you 9's always mention the other guy. It's pretty cool to have a friendship and game companion like that! I actually had a very good experience this season at Wisconsin with Zippie. The guy seems to do everything right, and I endorse him for anyone needing someone to split a pair of tickets like I(he) did this season. I think it's cool you guys have been set for years. I really appreciate fans like you. I think this thread under estimates central new yorkers! If people dont go, it wont be due to the weather(other than maybe the students who might choose to come back). The locals are rugged, as are people like you within a good radius.
as rlbees said we're married, however it is a marriage that has its beginnings @ the dome. Sat next to each other 93-94 seasons & had our first date after we beat KY. we are both huge college B'ball fans and following SU is our passion.

So- we will be there tomorrow for the NIT game and any that follow until there's no more games. Then we'll start our countdown till the 17-18 season begins.

There is a big difference in not being able to go versus WON'T go because it's the NIT. I don't think anyone is judging those who are unable to go.

is it too late to get in on the 6 inch bet?? we got 3 so far. i see most forecasts have gone way up too

Well if the snow comes down too heavy and fast they may have to cancel to protect the roof

Well over a foot on the ground here in Johnson City and forecast is for the intensity and wind to pick up into the afternoon. Still planning on driving up but started to wonder if I'm crazy, especially with a probable solo flight.

Cuomo just banned tractor trailer traffic .. if ESPN not there by now no tv ..

Well over a foot on the ground here in Johnson City and forecast is for the intensity and wind to pick up into the afternoon. Still planning on driving up but started to wonder if I'm crazy, especially with a probable solo flight.
:crazy:

I work for a small company with an awesome owner who just let us out at noon. Bought great seats for tonight and really want to go. Coming from Whitesboro (45 mins) but don't want to make the drive just to find out it's cancelled.

Any opinion on the latest time they may decide? There is precedent for this, correct? I seem to recall at least a couple games getting nixed do to weather in my lifetime.

Edit: I mean, Tully's Tenders are obviously worth the drive alone, but still :)

I work for a small company with an awesome owner who just let us out at noon. Bought great seats for tonight and really want to go. Coming from Whitesboro (45 mins) but don't want to make the drive just to find out it's cancelled.

Any opinion on the latest time they may decide? There is precedent for this, correct? I seem to recall at least a couple games getting nixed do to weather in my lifetime.

Best tenders !

Man I'd really think about it now. I am crazy myself but it's not supposed to get better all day. Godspeed if you do decide to come up.

You'd kick yourself for missing the roof coming down.

You're crazy. I wouldn't expect anyone outside of Syracuse to chance it.

Sucks the dome will look empty tonight. All you brave souls who venture there tonight, please be careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom