Cuse Awards Boeheim Retirement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Awards Boeheim Retirement

JB dropping statement he will coach 5-6 more years is a strategic move (not a casual remark) because the uncertainty of his tenure very likely has been negatively affecting recruiting. It's a good move. Whether recruits buy it is to be seen.

Still lots of unknowns. We're not even sure if the system and brand here is still attractive enough to recruits. I'll be reassured if SU can get Tucker, Wilson, or Ayala but all these seem 50/50 at best now.

What are recent players telling their friends about the coaching and vibe here? How is JB perceived amongst 17-18 year olds? How much damage does him trashing players to the media, not being a mentor/teacher/father-figure type, etc., do with current recruits? Even Larranaga I heard on Sirius talk a lot about getting to truly know these young men, take an interest in their lives to help mold them, etc. Aside from the intense teaching and hands on coaching he does. Those players will run through walls for him, Buzz, Frank Martin, etc. Just curious and honest questions.

Still lots of unknowns. We're not even sure if the system and brand here is still attractive enough to recruits. I'll be reassured if SU can get Tucker, Wilson, or Ayala but all these seem 50/50 at best now.

What are recent players telling their friends about the coaching and vibe here? How is JB perceived amongst 17-18 year olds? How much damage does him trashing players to the media, not being a mentor/teacher/father-figure type, etc., do with current recruits? Even Larranaga I heard on Sirius talk a lot about getting to truly know these young men, take an interest in their lives to help mold them, etc. Aside from the intense teaching and hands on coaching he does. Those players will run through walls for him, Buzz, Frank Martin, etc. Just curious and honest questions.
Gotta like Larranaga.

Great news. I'll never understand that some want an all-time great to be run out of the door. He still has energy as well. Now we know where we are at. Helpful with recruits, even if he bows out earlier than that as some have suggested. No clue how this could be a bad thing. Recruiting is gonna ramp up.

Most of JBs players do like him

So many players come back, and work out here. Yet, we should be worried about their thoughts about JB? Unbelievable. Our bench is all Cuse.

Someone show me what player has said a bad thing about JB publicly. I'll wait.

So many players come back, and work out here. Yet, we should be worried about their thoughts about JB? Unbelievable. Our bench is all Cuse.

Someone show me what player has said a bad thing about JB publicly. I'll wait.
Honest question. Can you recall players from other schools publicly trashing their coaches?

I have to agree that strategically stating that JB is going to coach for 5 years will be impactful on recruiting. I think there is little argument that recruiting has been adversely affected because of uncertainty. That combined with the unforeseen early departures of several players has put us in this position of having to rely on 5th year transfers to fill the gaps in the roster. We're headed into a season with many question marks and once again we may struggle to score. I'm hoping that JB can land some top 25 players in the next several seasons.

JB dropping statement he will coach 5-6 more years is a strategic move (not a casual remark) because the uncertainty of his tenure very likely has been negatively affecting recruiting. It's a good move. Whether recruits buy it is to be seen.
How so? I thought the big takeaway before was that JAB's imminent retirement and being replaced by Hop was detrimental to recruiting. That it was a net bad to put a date on it. Now it's a good thing?

Honest question. Can you recall players from other schools publicly trashing their coaches?

Not off the top of my head, no. But, look at our bench. GMac, Red, Griff, and Devo. Hop stayed forever when he could have left. Players come together to play for Boeheim's Army. Yeah, it's a tournament for money. So many come back to practice. He let Louie stay on the team after he threw a chair at him. My only point is that JB is Syracuse Basketball. Look at how emotional he was when we unfortunately lost Pearl.

Somehow, people want him to leave. He has done so much for Syracuse, and is still a pretty damn good coach. When the Cuse is mentioned, or recognized it is because of JB and the program he built. No disrespect to the Football program. As JB says we are still a Football school. Love them both.

Not off the top of my head, no. But, look at our bench. GMac, Red, Griff, and Devo. Hop stayed forever when he could have left. Players come together to play for Boeheim's Army. Yeah, it's a tournament for money. So many come back to practice. He let Louie stay on the team after he threw a chair at him. My only point is that JB is Syracuse Basketball. Look at how emotional he was when we unfortunately lost Pearl.

Somehow, people want him to leave. He has done so much for Syracuse, and is still a pretty damn good coach. When the Cuse is mentioned, or recognized it is because of JB and the program he built. No disrespect to the Football program. As JB says we are still a Football school. Love them both.
Totally agree Was not implying Coach Boeheim is not loved by his players But as I thought about it I couldn't really come up with anything

Is it really true that Buddy will play here? I wonder what that will be like for Buddy and for JB? I'm a little concerned about it. How many father/son combos have there been in college basketball?

Is it really true that Buddy will play here? I wonder what that will be like for Buddy and for JB? I'm a little concerned about it. How many father/son combos have there been in college basketball?

I think the father/son happened a LOT, I'll see if I can find a list online.

collegehoopedia.com/players/father-son-combinations

we are already into the transition phase. the next head coach process should be well underway. let's see if JB is willing to play along and facilitate or block the path of his eventual successor.
he claims to bleed orange. university first. his boss roy handed over to JB a pretty sweet gig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom