Cuse Awards Boeheim Retirement | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Awards Boeheim Retirement

don't believe he'd cost a schollie so i'm cool with it. (see red autry's kid). meaningful minutes ?

don't believe he'd cost a schollie so i'm cool with it. (see red autry's kid). meaningful minutes ?
If Buddy Boeheim ended up at Syracuse, how would he affect scholarship situation?

"In this scenario, the son/player would count against the scholarship limit (which is 13) only if he receives financial aid related to athletics. Otherwise, he would be categorized as a walk-on," Christopher Radford, the NCAA's Associate Director of Public and Media Relations, said in an email.

He would be the best shooter on the team if he was on the roster right now.

Is it really true that Buddy will play here? I wonder what that will be like for Buddy and for JB? I'm a little concerned about it. How many father/son combos have there been in college basketball?
Does Buddy get Boeheimed?

Does Buddy get Boeheimed?
Well, that's the concern, isn't it? Any of us who have read information about Boeheim's childhood knows that his father was extremely critical of him. I am pretty darn sure that this same dynamic has not played out between Boeheim and his children. But what if his child is one of his players? That's where I feel the niggling concern.

Well, that's the concern, isn't it? Any of us who have read information about Boeheim's childhood knows that his father was extremely critical of him. I am pretty darn sure that this same dynamic has not played out between Boeheim and his children. But what if his child is one of his players? That's where I feel the niggling concern.
I suppose it depends on how thick his skin is. We would all hope that JB would treat him like any other player and Buddy has certainly seen dad in action. Of course criticism can feel different coming from a parent than just a coach.

I suppose it depends on how thick his skin is. We would all hope that JB would treat him like any other player and Buddy has certainly seen dad in action. Of course criticism can feel different coming from a parent than just a coach.

But, we all know that JB doesn't treat all players the same. He knows who to chew out and who not to chew out. Question is the first time Buddy fails to slide properly in the zone, will JB pull him and tear into him on the bench?

But, we all know that JB doesn't treat all players the same. He knows who to chew out and who not to chew out. Question is the first time Buddy fails to slide properly in the zone, will JB pull him and tear into him on the bench?
Does he always know or does he choose?

Your question is a good one. Will he pull him or let him play through a mistake? Some guys get to play through them and others don't.

If Buddy's skills continue to improve over what he is able to do at this point there will be few problems.

If anything, I think JB will tend to be tougher on Buddy if he makes any big time errors.

Does he always know or does he choose?

Your question is a good one. Will he pull him or let him play through a mistake? Some guys get to play through them and others don't.

IIRC, JB once discussed how he knows, from his own experience with a kid, who he get on and who he has to have a more gentle approach. A good teacher knows what buttons to press on what students. He may not always get it right, but I think history has shown that he's gotten in right most of the time.

i didn't see a tremendous uptick in production from the whipping boys this year.
I think JB either misjudged Roberson from the start or figured it was worth the risk in an effort to toughen him up (or motivate him).

If Buddy's skills continue to improve over what he is able to do at this point there will be few problems.

If anything, I think JB will tend to be tougher on Buddy if he makes any big time errors.

I would think Buddy has a leg up on the zone compared to most recruits...

He's the exact type of player we are missing from our roster next year. Elite shooter and passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom