Cuse Bars in Charlottesville | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Bars in Charlottesville

CiceroCuse

Scout Team
Heading down to the game this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of any bars where Cuse fans might congregate. Or at least any recommendations of places to go.

Mrs Fairfax and I (and some other alumns) will be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings, which is right to the arena. We should be there about 1.

It's quite possible we will be there ... I believe its between the hotel and the arena. Thanks!!

I think I will be at Sedona Taphouse (Near JPJ) with several other buddies who are 'Cuse fans.

This thread gave me the itch for a weekend road trip! If anyone knows someone looking to sell two tickets, please message me. I'd be looking to drive down from Rochester very. very early on Saturday morning. Thanks!

Don't know where most Cuse fans are planning to go, but here are a few recommendations of places you might check out for good food & drinks if it's your first visit to Charlottesville:

Riverside Lunch - Delicious, no-frills, greasy, mom-&-pop burger place. Seriously good burgers.
Boylan Heights - Closer to grounds/JPJ, more "gourmet" burgers but great apps as well.
Sedona Taphouse - Very close to JPJ. Great food and fantastic beer selection.
El Puerto - Also close to JPJ. Inexpensive, awesome Mexican food, great margaritas.
Michael's Bistro - A bit of a hidden gem on the Corner (UVA's main student bar strip) as it is up some stairs and off the street, but one of my favorite places in CVille.
Beer Run - Combination restaurant/craft beer store. Good food, and as you can probably guess, extensive beer list (this is a common thread for many Cville restaurants. They sure do like their beer there).
Littlejohn's - It's a deli, not a bar, but it's well-known to have the some of the best sandwiches in town. Always a popular spot on gamedays for UVA and visiting fans alike.

There are a ton more (Cville has more restaurants per capita than NYC), but that's just a quick run-down of some of my old favorites.

Beer Run - Combination restaurant/craft beer store. Good food, and as you can probably guess, extensive beer list (this is a common thread for many Cville restaurants. They sure do like their beer there).

My best friend who went to' Cuse with me worked here for awhile before grad school. I've visited several times- great food and great beer. The place is legit, but it's not quite a stone's throw from JPJ.

This thread gave me the itch for a weekend road trip! If anyone knows someone looking to sell two tickets, please message me. I'd be looking to drive down from Rochester very. very early on Saturday morning. Thanks!

Prices are WAY above face, but keep an eye on Stubhub between 1:00-2:55pm today.
3pm is the deadline for most tickets to sell to be shipped in time. Prices should come down as sellers look to unload. Who knows, you may find a deal.

Prices are WAY above face, but keep an eye on Stubhub between 1:00-2:55pm today.
3pm is the deadline for most tickets to sell to be shipped in time. Prices should come down as sellers look to unload. Who knows, you may find a deal.

Many (most?) of those tix you can print out.

But yeah...I think a road trip from down here (Wilmington NC) might be in order.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll take a look this afternoon.

Right now the lowest on StubHub for the Upper Corners/Baseline is around $250/ticket. I want to be there, but not sure if I want to spend that much.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll take a look this afternoon.

Right now the lowest on StubHub for the Upper Corners/Baseline is around $250/ticket. I want to be there, but not sure if I want to spend that much.
There was a pair a few minutes ago for $183/each.
Must be gone now.
Keep refreshing!

I overpaid ~$200/per for uppers in a corner, only because my old man offered to pay half-- he felt bad I haven't seen a game all year. Very generous, but I actually probably would have bought them regardless. You are also paying for a Saturday afternoon in Charlottesville- an awesomely beautiful college town with great bars and restaurants.

I know it's not ideal, but I've got one ticket I could sell. Section 308 Upper Baseline. Stupidly, don't have electronic access to the ticket though so I'd have to get it to you quickly through mail or in person - PM me if you have any interest.

I like how stubhub advertises cuse/uva tickets starting at $113...but of course that is parking...

The SU Alumni Association gathering will be at Buffalo Wild Wings. We will be starting at 11am. Please feel free to stop by. We have the back bar area reserved for us. The Office Of Alumni Affairs is sending down some cool give aways too. PM me if you need any more information. LGO!!

Don't know where most Cuse fans are planning to go, but here are a few recommendations of places you might check out for good food & drinks if it's your first visit to Charlottesville:

Riverside Lunch - Delicious, no-frills, greasy, mom-&-pop burger place. Seriously good burgers.
Boylan Heights - Closer to grounds/JPJ, more "gourmet" burgers but great apps as well.
Sedona Taphouse - Very close to JPJ. Great food and fantastic beer selection.
El Puerto - Also close to JPJ. Inexpensive, awesome Mexican food, great margaritas.
Michael's Bistro - A bit of a hidden gem on the Corner (UVA's main student bar strip) as it is up some stairs and off the street, but one of my favorite places in CVille.
Littlejohn's - It's a deli, not a bar, but it's well-known to have the some of the best sandwiches in town. Always a popular spot on gamedays for UVA and visiting fans alike.

There are a ton more (Cville has more restaurants per capita than NYC), but that's just a quick run-down of some of my old favorites.

Thank you for the great suggestions, always live to hear where the locals go! Now have to determine if you're trying to send make us all sick so we don't take over the stadium:)

Littlejohn's is fine, Riverside Lunch ("flat out best burger in town") does not live up to that title, Beer Run has an awesome selection but the food is so-so.

To watch the game Buffalo Wild Wings is good. Wild Wing Cafe at the train station is fun, they have big screens upstairs.

There used to be a German lounge/restaurant called Ludwigs that served German beer by the liter. Greatest place on earth. It is now a Thai restaurant. Makes me wanna puke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom