Cuse Day at CitiField | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Day at CitiField

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
It was held yesterday. As a longtime Met fab who had yet to see the new stadium, I decided to go.

SU set up a bus that took our group from Manley directly to CitiField and back. Nice not to have to drive.

SU also offered a picnic lunch at their bullpen plaza area, where the SU party was set up. The food (dogs and burgers) was good. No ginger ale but this was not set up for big time donors so it was okay not to have the Trump Treatment.

Nice to be directly behind the Mets bullpen. Watched Marcum prep for his next start for a while.

I really like the design of the park. Intimate and open, with the stands very close to the field, even the upper deck is not very high (maybe half as high as Shea was). Lots of exposed steel, was contrasts nicely with all the brickwork.

Lots of great options for good too. Had already eaten so I wasn't able to sample some of what was available but again, the trend for world class sports venues is to offer more choices, especially more high end choices and I hope someone at the Dome eventually pulls their head out if the sand and tries to bring the facility's food options up to par.

Didn't see anyone from the board there that I recognized. Great game, the Mets ended up winning after suffering a horrible loss on Friday night.

Heard the Mets were really accommodating to SU and that SU was really appreciative. They had SU signs up on the ribbon boards many times, had a kid from SU sing the NA, played the SU Lou Reed video, announced it was Cuse day, showed an ad for the SU-PSU game at MetLife, etc.

Nice job SU. Nice job Mets. Good time had by all.

Also, saw one fan with an RU shirt. No one with Johnnies gear, PSU gear, UConn gear, etc.

Was in he big city yesterday (Broadway over the game) and saw Cuse stuff everywhere. And one chick in a Bryce Harper jersey.

Did anyone of note throw out the first pitch?

Also saw a lot of orange Mets hats, was that the giveaway?

BN7_c_KCIAErWQD.jpg:large

They've had several Cuse Days at Yankee Stadium. This was the first at Citifield.. All credit goes to Brian Spector, former head of SU Alumni Association, who came up with the idea a few years ago... and organized the first few events at Yankee Stadium.
I need to go on one of those or a cuse day at Fenway only because I love Fenway Park. Can't stand the redsox

Was there as well, in the upstairs section in 505 with the low-rent SU alums. Nice to see a lot of former classmates, and a Mets win, which doesn't happen every day. Always love making it out to Citi Field.

I was at the game on Friday and was rocking a Cuse hat in section 334. I ran into a dozen or so people wearing Cuse gear and a handful more yell 'Go Cuse'. I'm a Yankee fan but I love Citi Field and the Mets fans. Good eggs.

Was in he big city yesterday (Broadway over the game) and saw Cuse stuff everywhere. And one chick in a Bryce Harper jersey.

Did anyone of note throw out the first pitch?

Also saw a lot of orange Mets hats, was that the giveaway?

I don't know who threw out the first ball. I was en route to my seat at the time.

Yes, it was cap day, first 25K got a free one.

Tried a Shake Shack burger. Thought it was okay, nothing special. The kid that served me was all excited about serving a Cuse fan. Looked like and talked like a young Chris Rock.

"I am down with the Cuse! The Cuse puts players in the league! I love me some Cuse hoops!". He wanted to know what was going to happen with MCW in Philly. Another guy wanted to know what was going to happen with Fab Melo. Might be the world's biggest Fab Melo fan, working behind the counter of the Shake Shack.

A Florida State fan wanted to know what I thought about SU joining the ACC. Said he was excited about Syracuse becoming part of the conference, looked forward to visiting Syracuse for a football game. Said "we aren't very good in basketball but you will find that we are a pain in the ass team that is dangerous and will beat you when you least expect it. We always beat Duke or UNC, one of them, every year. But we always are terrible in the tournament. Even when we won the ACC, we lost in the first round."

Also received unsolicited high fives from Syracuse fans going in the opposite direction working the concourse 5 or 6 times and 3 or 4 people just yelled Cuse at me as I walked by them.

That is how things rolled in NYC on June 29th.

They've had several Cuse Days at Yankee Stadium. This was the first at Citifield.. All credit goes to Brian Spector, former head of SU Alumni Association, who came up with the idea a few years ago... and organized the first few events at Yankee Stadium.
this was another one of my ideas that i emailed to the school about 12 years ago. hell, i had somebody on the hills ear at the Blarney (either a BET or maybe, wow and gulp... the NIT) for about an hour as i layed out my plans. you were there, so was mad, i believe stevenson, rauol, probably max...it was late, but still.

- a City alumni sports club
- organized game watchings
- bus' to away games
- fun area outings (Yankee Stadium was my 1st idea, i was tired of getting emails about some art show outing)

ignored on all.

now all are complete.

i still wear my ORANGE Yankee hat with the block S logo on back. tis a great summer hat.

Now all they need is a New York's College Team sign like they have in Yankee Stadium. TGD should get that up there.

as a die hard met fan and cuse hoops fan thats 1 of my fav pics ever

That is a great shot.

Otto hugged a lot of people on Saturday. Including one really drunk Nats fan, a young man who yelled "Hey Orange Dude! Gimme a hug. (then while getting hugged): Yeah! Dude, take a picture for me?" (after disengaging from Otto after a hug that was too long): Whoa, that was awesome!."

There were a lot of adults who literally ran from sections away to get a picture taken with the furry citrus one. Not sure I understand that but it probably has something to do with not drinking beer.

That is a great shot.

Otto hugged a lot of people on Saturday. Including one really drunk Nats fan, a young man who yelled "Hey Orange Dude! Gimme a hug. (then while getting hugged): Yeah! Dude, take a picture for me?" (after disengaging from Otto after a hug that was too long): Whoa, that was awesome!."

There were a lot of adults who literally ran from sections away to get a picture taken with the furry citrus one. Not sure I understand that but it probably has something to do with not drinking beer.

I don't drink and I would run to get my picture taken with Otto! Otto Rocks!!

this was another one of my ideas that i emailed to the school about 12 years ago. hell, i had somebody on the hills ear at the Blarney (either a BET or maybe, wow and gulp... the NIT) for about an hour as i layed out my plans. you were there, so was mad, i believe stevenson, rauol, probably max...it was late, but still.

- a City alumni sports club
- organized game watchings
- bus' to away games
- fun area outings (Yankee Stadium was my 1st idea, i was tired of getting emails about some art show outing)

ignored on all.

now all are complete.

i still wear my ORANGE Yankee hat with the block S logo on back. tis a great summer hat.

That hat is awesome...me wants one so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom