Cuse Players in NFL Draft process | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Players in NFL Draft process

Glad to see all of our guys have strong weeks in Indy. Hopefully the NFL drafts them all.
I think Kendall and Alton are locks at this point. Jackson was getting a lot more pub than I expected, and I think he had the best week (for him) of the 4. Sterling is awesome, but as a punter it’s hard enough to get drafted.

here’s hoping we have a few guys get selected in April. Even if they don’t, I fully expect that they all will be in camps and will contend for roster spots

I swore freeney ran a 4.39.

While attending Syracuse at a then 255-pounds, Freeney was clocked at 4.40 second 40-yard dash and recorded 40-inch vertical jump. His 40-yard time remains among the fastest ever recorded for a defensive lineman.

HT - WT - HS – 40 - VJ
6'7/8” - 266 - 10” 4.48 40

While attending Syracuse at a then 255-pounds, Freeney was clocked at 4.40 second 40-yard dash and recorded 40-inch vertical jump. His 40-yard time remains among the fastest ever recorded for a defensive lineman.

HT - WT - HS – 40 - VJ
6'7/8” - 266 - 10” 4.48 40
Still flying for a big dude. Was watching Coleman come out of blocks and knew his time wouldn’t be great because he didn’t have a really aggressive first step. Think maybe it was ft past line where Altons first step was 2.5 ft from line. Better angle coming out too. I knew Coleman wouldn’t have super great numbers and he was about right where I thought.

According to Pro Football Focus:

"EDGE Alton Robinson, Syracuse

Alton Robinson's athleticism and overall strength was a big concern entering the week in Indy. What he had shown on the field made us wary of him being able to produce against NFL tackles consistently. As a result, Robinson entered the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine as just a fifth-round pick in our eyes.

Robinson helped his stock immensely by producing top-five numbers in the 40, vertical, three-cone and 20-yard shuttle.

Over the last few years, Robinson has been a pretty good pass-rusher. In fact, his two-year pass-rush grade is the 12th-best figure among FBS edge rushers. His run defense and tackling were below average, but with the standout pass-rushing numbers and Combine performance, Robinson will be creeping up some boards.

Found this. Highest I’ve seen.

Attachments

• 7D02A58D-7222-4676-A66D-F279F024796B.png
    7D02A58D-7222-4676-A66D-F279F024796B.png
    667.9 KB · Views: 260
"Character concerns"? He did something stupid like what, 4 years ago??

And as far as anybody is aware, has been mostly a model citizen since then.

Well he did have the situation where he missed the bowl game as well. But I think he has grown up well.

Robinson might creep up to a Day 2 pick. Incredible performance. All the kudos to him!

Coaches and scouts are ego maniacs ! They sometimes ignore the facts of years of a players game tape for the t shirt olympics .in this case it’s good for Alton . IMO Alton was a major under achiever .

Saw a mock tonight that had Alton picked in round 4 and Coleman in 5.

Quincy Guerrier gives zero sh1ts

Came across this in the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins have reached out to several more front-seven defenders in recent days, including Mississippi’s Qaadir Sheppard, Charlotte’s Alex Highsmith, Temple’s Shaun Braldey and Syracuse’s Ken Coleman.
Coleman had 10 tackles for loss and two sacks last season. Zierlein calls him “a marginal athlete with average physical traits who has put in the work to become stronger, more durable and more skilled as a rusher.”

I'm sure he has spoken to numerous teams in the lead up to the draft but first one I have seen where its been public the team has interest.