Darius Bazely | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazely

I find it hard to accept the venom going towards Barley. He is a naïve teenager that was led down a primrose path by adults who convinced him they knew the best way for him to succeed.
Sure, he had to agree, but how mature does he have to be to go his own way against the wishes of his coach, Mom and who knows who else was involved.
I really feel sorry for the kid put in such a terrible situation.

I think about Baeyzleyyy like I think about Julius Hodge.

Onward.

It’s all about if he becomes accostomed to the lifestyle his NBA money afforded him.

He can grow up and get by any way he pleases. It’s just not that easy to adjust from big money to average money.

It’s also not that easy to tell the hanger ons that their allowance is done.

Okay, but (and I apologize if I'm missing something about him) do we have confirmation that CM has lived a lavish lifestyle up to this point? That hangers on reference almost sounds a bit stereotypical. I do remember Chris being somewhat adamant about getting his mother out of a really bad neighborhood. Is he a posse/entourage guy, or a Dion Waiters-like mega-party thrower (though he still has another 50 million coming), or did he quietly grab some real estate like Derrick Coleman and Karl Malone and others did?

The financial advice is always sound, but most people here don't seem to know what an mREIT or preferred stock is (for example). If CM or DB wind up in the gutter, they probably had other unresolved issues, anyway

honest question... did you just type that?

if he isnt planning for the next 75 years RIGHT NOW, he literally is already as broke as the average guy. he can not afford to "figure the rest out after"

at best, at his "retirement age" he can take out 4, maybe 5% if markets are consistently good of his savings annually. even if he finds a job paying him 50k per year on top of it - he is going to run into a HARD financial brick wall. as a previous poster said, he isn't used to paying $1k in rent or even $2k in rent. It will be hard for him to go back to that lifestyle.
I don't think the poster meant not to plan financially for the future. Just that you should start making money as soon as possible. If (and I understand that it's a big if) he is smart with his money, ain't nothing wrong with making money early in life.

Meh. Bunkley made his decision and apparently never bothered to let SU know. Pretty easy for me to accept it.
So what if he let down people without any notice...people who were counting on him?
It's not like that indicates a personality flaw... like he's not a person of his word.
It's not like this could come back to bite him in the future.

Perhaps he's learned a lesson more important than anything he could have learned in college.
But don't bet on it.

Putting aside the fact that he de-commmited, if I were an NBA team, I would be reluctant to use a pick on a kid who chose not to play competitive ball. All it tells me is that he is afraid to show how his game compares to others.

Everyone is frustrated with Bazley and many want to vent against him but if he came back on bender knee( doubt he is eligible now) most would take em in a heartbeat.

Everyone is frustrated with Bazley and many want to vent against him but if he came back on bender knee( doubt he is eligible now) most would take em in a heartbeat.

All unknowable now.

I think about Baeyzleyyy like I think about Julius Hodge.

Onward.

Hodge at least slightly redeemed himself by knocking UConn out of the tournament.

Hodge at least slightly redeemed himself by knocking UConn out of the tournament.
Which helped take the sting out of our UVM loss. I had great seats in the NC State section, sitting a couple rows behind Herb Sendek's wife who can pretty intimidating and also sitting near the NC State AD. No question I was rooting for the Pack that day. Plus I was sitting with a guy from the Boneyard who I had sold an extra ticket to. That was worth the price of admission alone.

Footage of Bazley’s workouts...

shadowball.gif

What teenager wouldn't want to live in Sioux Falls? ;)

Funny thing is the Athletic article is a puff piece - probably put out by Bazley's "group". The journalist didn't event ask about the very mixed critique of Bazley at the Nike Basketball Academy.

Bazely makes it sounds as though he's proactively choosing to skip G League now. Reality is that he doesn't have many options remaining to mitigate damage before 2019 draft.

Sounds like a smart young man , very articulate. Sometimes one can be too smart, too confident and overthink ,and complicate a journey from point A to point B.

I wasn't thrilled with how he handled the situation at all but I'm not going to actively root against a kid. That being said, I have a hard time seeing this turning out like Darius hopes it will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom