Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

Seems there are two issues here:

1. If he really wants to play college ball do the Orange still want him?
Maybe.
But my feeling is... move on.
The Orange have a strong team without him.
And who needs a guy who doesn't really want to be with you...even a guy with one-and-done" talent?
A team needs players who are all in.

2. Is he just trying to game the system?
Playing games so he can get out of a commitment and go where he'd rather be (at least for now)?
If that's the case the Orange should set as many restrictions as possible.
If he wants to play a year in college...perhaps leave an out for Binghamton or SUNY Plattsburgh.

If this entire saga is actually about holding him to an LOI... please hold him to the LOI. Or at the very least take measures to ensure that he can't play in a college located in OH next year.
Or surrounding states. Kentucky is close to Cincinnati.

It amazes me how many want to just cut the cord and let him, a 5 star player, walk into any school he wants, quite possibly a team that will be a potential barrier to our quest for a title.

Moving on is what we (and I) did when he was going to the G league and we only suffered a direct loss to our team. The impact would be significantly multiplied if he is playing for another high level university next year.

Hold him to his LOI

It amazes me how many want to just cut the cord and let him, a 5 star player, walk into any school he wants, quite possibly a team that will be a potential barrier to our quest for a title.

Moving on is what we did when he was going to the G league and we only suffered a direct loss. The impact would be significantly greater if he is playing for another high level university next year.

I'd rather hold him to the LOI and never play him before I would risk him being used against us. No way.

That would be a dick move

That would be a dick move

I'm not saying I wouldn't play him initially or anything. But if he became a malcontent that didnt want to be there, you play the guys who do. I made the edit tho as I think the way I phrased it was extreme

Regardless, he doesn't want to be here. Its overseas or G league.

Seems there are two issues here:

1. If he really wants to play college ball do the Orange still want him?
Maybe.
But my feeling is... move on.
The Orange have a strong team without him.
And who needs a guy who doesn't really want to be with you...even a guy with one-and-done" talent?
A team needs players who are all in.

2. Is he just trying to game the system?
Playing games so he can get out of a commitment and go where he'd rather be (at least for now)?
If that's the case the Orange should set as many restrictions as possible.
If he wants to play a year in college...perhaps leave an out for Binghamton or SUNY Plattsburgh.

If Battle is back and the kid from Pitt or Braswell are coming than I say moving on should be a real consideration. Having him for a year under these circumstances might cause more trouble than its worth.

If Battle is gone and Pitt and Braswell aren't in then we are a border line team and should hold him to the LOI.

If the kid doesn't want to play here, it's prolly best to let him move on... I think there should be some conditions - like can't go to any ACC league teams, UCONN or Washington.

That said, if he's decided to come back to college ball and we can't convince him to stay, it's not really a great reflection on our recruiting staff either.

If Battle is back and the kid from Pitt or Braswell are coming than I say moving on should be a real consideration. Having him for a year under these circumstances might cause more trouble than its worth.

If Battle is gone and Pitt and Braswell aren't in then we are a border line team and should hold him to the LOI.

I can get behind this. Sans Bazely and with Battle back I think we’re slightly better than the bubble anyways. Like you say; hold him to the LOI if Battle and the others are void. We will need all the help we can get.

If the kid doesn't want to play here, it's prolly best to let him move on... I think there should be some conditions - like can't go to any ACC league teams, UCONN or Washington.

That said, if he's decided to come back to college ball and we can't convince him to stay, it's not really a great reflection on our recruiting staff either.
He can move on...right to the Gatorade League

image.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom