Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

He played like 13 14 games small sample size but he showed flashes of what he could have been.

In a 3 game stretch he scored like 14 points including a huge 4 points against Colgate. Sure the scouts drilled over that.

Jordan would stay all three years now in this day in age? Come on.

I'm arguing that you don't have to go to college to make the NBA and make money and you don't even have to have amazing success to be a multi millionaire being successful in the NBA to achieve it. Bazley will be a first round pick next year and I don't think a lot of people here want to admit that.

Yea hes a first rounder no matter what... i still dont get your point though in listing nba players.

Yea hes a first rounder no matter what... i still dont get your point though in listing nba players.

Read through the thread, was about dedication to strictly the sport with no distractions. The guys I listed, NBA and other sports, dedicated their lives to get to where they were.

Read through the thread, was about dedication to strictly the sport with no distractions. The guys I listed, NBA and other sports, dedicated their lives to get to where they were.
So those guys didn't go on dates or go out with friends or watch a movie they played bball all day and night?

Again, you mentioned people who went to college for three years, including the goat, who also took 2 years off in his prime to play baseball and came back the goat. Also, i bet jordan would credit dean smith quite a bit.

Stop. He did nothing here and even a HOF coach said he was hot garbage against Colgate and asked who was going to draft him before he got injured. He probably would've gone higher if he never played a game here.

Agreed on that, he was a flyer based on high school potential.

There are basically two schools of thought on these kids - one is get paid as quickly as possible, sometimes before a kid's game gets exposed, the other, and bills says it better, is to be ready when your number is called.

This is where it gets sticky. At Cuse for instance from noon on it's all hoop, those kids live across the street from a world class basketball facility. 12x over the course of the season they take a late afternoon flight to play a conference game or go to NY / DC / some other NBA arena to play a game.

In the NBA they are traveling 41x over a similar timeframe, most of the practice is game prep, and if they aren't playing. D League seems like a lot of travel time.

Doesn't matter in the end but the notion that they spend 24 / 7 in a basketball lab isn't quite all there.

Stop. He did nothing here and even a HOF coach said he was hot garbage against Colgate and asked who was going to draft him before he got injured. He probably would've gone higher if he never played a game here.

This is sort of common myth here. The kid was off to a tremendous start in his first 8 games, averaging 14.4 ppg, 8.7 rbg, 2.4 blocks, 1.9 steals, and shooting over 50% from the field. And this wasn't just against cupcakes - we played Cal, Iowa, Michigan, and St. Johns during that stretch. Go back and watch the Iowa game at MSG and you'll see a kid that everyone here was absolutely drooling over. I don't know what happened and why he hit a wall, but he clearly had the potential to be a STUD in Boeheim's system, and I fully expected him to come back around as the season progressed.

This is sort of common myth here. The kid was off to a tremendous start in his first 8 games, averaging 14.4 ppg, 8.7 rbg, 2.4 blocks, 1.9 steals, and shooting over 50% from the field. And this wasn't just against cupcakes - we played Cal, Iowa, Michigan, and St. Johns during that stretch. Go back and watch the Iowa game at MSG and you'll see a kid that everyone here was absolutely drooling over. I don't know what happened and why he hit a wall, but he clearly had the potential to be a STUD in Boeheim's system, and I fully expected him to come back around as the season progressed.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he had 20 and 10 in either the Cal or Iowa game. He looked like our best player at times early in the season.

Last edited:
I love that everything is the Dakotas or Maine but in all reality there are a lot of desirable places in the D League

I love that everything is the Dakotas or Maine but in all reality there are a lot of desirable places in the D League
DG0btekVoAAkmuz.jpg:large

In reality, how many of these places are worse to live than Syracuse from Aug-May? Not too many.

There are a couple of nice places. Good luck trying to live in weschester or long island on 25 to 30k.

There are a couple of nice places. Good luck trying to live in weschester or long island on 25 to 30k.
They cover their housing and meal money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom