Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

And the long bus ride crap is mostly a myth as well. I'm sure commercial flights aren't enjoyable for giant sized humans but they aren't taking greyhounds from Sioux falls to Santa Cruz.

And the long bus ride crap is mostly a myth as well. I'm sure commercial flights aren't enjoyable for giant sized humans but they aren't taking greyhounds from Sioux falls to Santa Cruz.
YOU'RE RIGHT THEY'RE TAKING VW RABBITZ

This is sort of common myth here. The kid was off to a tremendous start in his first 8 games, averaging 14.4 ppg, 8.7 rbg, 2.4 blocks, 1.9 steals, and shooting over 50% from the field. And this wasn't just against cupcakes - we played Cal, Iowa, Michigan, and St. Johns during that stretch. Go back and watch the Iowa game at MSG and you'll see a kid that everyone here was absolutely drooling over. I don't know what happened and why he hit a wall, but he clearly had the potential to be a STUD in Boeheim's system, and I fully expected him to come back around as the season progressed.
It seemed to me like we made a lot of effort early that season to get him the ball in places that were natural for him, and for whatever reason over time we didn't put him in the same positions. I have no idea why. He looked incredible early and just oozed talent.

Actually read that they are contractually obligated to live in a bus...unless they are playing in front of 5k fans.

Actually read that they are contractually obligated to live in a bus...unless they are playing in front of 5k fans.

Not that dissimilar to what a lot of people here seem to think goes on.

Givony has Bazely ranked 23 next year fwiw.

JB said “this is not the best way to the NBA.” If 23rd is a fair evaluation, isn’t the most viable way to get to 10-13 performing at a high level in college? Can you improve your stock in the G League as much or will you just kind of maintain?

I’m wrong all the time but my brain says that the lowest risk, highest reward move for a guy ranked in the 20’s is to go to college and try to play his way up. Seems like some ill informed, negligent guidance with millions at stake.

Givony has Bazely ranked 23 next year fwiw.

JB said “this is not the best way to the NBA.” If 23rd is a fair evaluation, isn’t the most viable way to get to 10-13 performing at a high level in college? Can you improve your stock in the G League as much or will you just kind of maintain?

I’m wrong all the time but my brain says that the lowest risk, highest reward move for a guy ranked in the 20’s is to go to college and try to play his way up. Seems like some ill informed, negligent guidance with millions at stake.
Nba draft net doesn’t even have him in the top 60. I know these mocks aren’t fully accurate, but a majority of the guys listed will be drafted ahead of him. Also doesn’t have guys like battle, who are testing the water this year, and will more than likely be first rounders next year. With little or no exposure, and his ranking dropping, i don’t see him drafted at all. College would have given him prime exposure, where he could make a name for himself, and he’s foregoing that for $30k? Imop he made a huge mistake. He could have had college life, man on campus, go to guy on offense, gushed about all over tv, Su media, stipends, food, state of the art work out facilities, free housing, been drafted first round most likely as a result and probably more for $35k, none of the above, more travel and no guarantees. I just don’t see how boeheim is wrong . Kid made a very very bad decision whether he committed to Su or any other college that would give him exposure.

Is his decision irreversible?
In the sense that like, he could travel back in time, find some non-paradox creating way to warn himself of his impending bus future, and not declare to the GLeague and maintain his commitment to play at Syracuse?

It would violate all understanding man has of time and space, but I am intrigued. Tell me more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom