Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

our program cant afford guys like Baz to skip town. if he wants back in, let him in! Villanova already has passed us and Michigan might be lapping us if we dont get elite recruits soon

I went and read the whole twitter thread. That guy is basically saying he hears that Bazely might back out of his decision to play in the G League and play college ball instead.

Then he goes on to say in a later tweet, that Syracuse already let him out of his LOI, that Bazely doesnt want to come back to Syracuse, and that he might want to go to Cincinnati instead.

Seems like a lot to know about a guy who hasnt decided for sure whether he wants to play in the G League or in college. Are we sure this person is reputable?

I'd like to see Bazely play for SU, but that tweet doesn't get my hopes up much.

I’d be shocked if SU “has already let him out of his LOI”. He didn’t need to get out of the LOI to take his talents to the D League.

I’d be surprised if SU was even asked and shocked if they had taken any action if asked because there wasn’t any reason to.

The only reason for even making the request would be so you could attend college elsewhere which was not Bazed and Cofused’s stated reason for the decommit.

I just find it humorous after the Tribune article to do this. It’s one thing if he never wrote that, but the fact he did makes him look really bad if he changes his mind again.

“ Trendsetter “ lol

He didn’t write it.

I went and read the whole twitter thread. That guy is basically saying he hears that Bazely might back out of his decision to play in the G League and play college ball instead.

Then he goes on to say in a later tweet, that Syracuse already let him out of his LOI, that Bazely doesnt want to come back to Syracuse, and that he might want to go to Cincinnati instead.

Seems like a lot to know about a guy who hasnt decided for sure whether he wants to play in the G League or in college. Are we sure this person is reputable?

I'd like to see Bazely play for SU, but that tweet doesn't get my hopes up much.
I highly doubt this kid goes to play in the aac against e Carolina and Tulsa.

I highly doubt this kid goes to play in the aac against e Carolina and Tulsa.

if it were up to bazley he would play wherever he wants and leaves whenever he feels something else. essentially a free agent in his mind

if it were up to bazley he would play wherever he wants and leaves whenever he feels something else. essentially a free agent in his mind
And that's fine, unless you demand commitments from others .. you know, little things like financial aid, roster spots, tuition room and board .. that kind of stuff.

But he reportedly signed an LOI. That's binding on the player ... IF he's attending college and being granted financial aid. It means nothing if he's going pro (or semi-pro).

Syracuse basketball recruit Darius Bazley signs letter of intent
There have been multiple times in which players (ours) have signed scholarship papers, but have been reported as LOIs. Media doesn't ask and school doesn't offer that level of detail.

Calling guys a cancer?

Idk if this was a shot at me but I said locker room cancer. I didnt say that he was a cancer or a bad kid. He actually seems like a great kid with horrible advisors.

Calling guys a cancer?

When I said it I meant in terms of the locker room. Im sure he is a good kid, but given the drama Im not sure he is worth the risk. That's all.

I think it’s going to be hard for Bazely to leave his camp. Either with or against his will they will want to follow him or keep him close. Wouldn’t surprise me that much if he goes to Cincy.

Heard he’s interested in Cincinnati
If he tries to go to Cincy then this was some seriously orchestrated back room BS to get out of his LOI. IF this goes down i might be seriously done with college hoops. Loved the NBA playoffs this weekend...

If we let him out of LOI that is dumb.
He screwed this staff.
Other kids change their minds with coaching changes.
There was none of that SU. Even if it was an assistant moving on okay.
Stud recruits don’t have to sign LOI they can file for aid.

Screw letting him go to Cincinnati. Enjoy the G League.
Bazley didn’t inform the staff before this decision to decommit. If he wanted out before fine but he has been unprofessional. I always support the players but not this crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom