Darius Bazley-remember him? | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley-remember him?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Who knows how he could have helped at Syracuse, but he is doing quite ok in the NBA. This dunk the other night was on the NBA highlight show (I think their version of top ten plays of the night). Averaging 9.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg in 26.4 minutes a night. Still only 21 years old.

Who knows how he could have helped at Syracuse, but he is doing quite ok in the NBA. This dunk the other night was on the NBA highlight show (I think their version of top ten plays of the night). Averaging 9.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg in 26.4 minutes a night. Still only 21 years old.

I believe a poster on the board said he would be flipping burgers in 2 years or something like that after he chose to not play in college, and hence, at Syracuse.

that was in the days before this became a cesspool, I guess

yep, he’s playing well. Was good last year too.

The numbers don't impress. There are many players in the NBA his age doing as much or more. Probably would have been a great college player but has a very long ways to go to be a solid NBA guy.

I believe a poster on the board said he would be flipping burgers in 2 years or something like that after he chose to not play in college, and hence, at Syracuse.

that was in the days before this became a cesspool, I guess

yep, he’s playing well. Was good last year too.
How fast will this kids' family (and hanger-ons) blow through that shoe money. 18 year old kid who's family was looking for a quick pay day with no care towards the future? I say 30yrs old tops and he'll be flat broke flipping burgers.

The numbers don't impress. There are many players in the NBA his age doing as much or more. Probably would have been a great college player but has a very long ways to go to be a solid NBA guy.
No reason to think he won't get that coveted second NBA contract that everyone talks about.

OKC is full of middle of the pack, young guys playing alongside SGA who is a stud. Bazley still quite inefficient but very active and a good defender.

Wish we had NIL when Darius was an incoming recruit. I think he wouldn’t have gone the G-league route.
I don’t think anyone in our program has made a million bucks on NIL. Kid made a smart move.

Last edited:
By all means, name some.
Come on, any non veteran-centric team will have at least one guy who have similar numbers or did when they were his age. Cleveland has at least 2, Boston has 2 guys that did. Even NY has a couple guys that are doing very well but playing for Thibs don't get as many minutes. I'm not going through the entire NBA but I'm sure there are more than ten and I'm not talking about top 5 picks. If you want to prove me wrong, feel free.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone in our program has made a million bucks on NIL. Kid made a smart move.
But he could've set up the same endorsement deal he had and enjoyed the year playing in college. Maybe he gets even a little more considering he would've been more visible in college than the g-league and companies know that. The one thing the g-league could offer that college couldn't would've been available.

Come on, any non veteran-eccentric team will have at least one guy who have similar numbers or did when they were his age. Cleveland has at least 2, Boston has 2 guys that did. Even NY has a couple guys that are doing very well but playing for Thibs don't get as many minutes. I'm not going through the entire NBA but I'm sure there are more than ten and I'm not talking about top 5 picks. If you want to prove me wrong, feel free.

Veteran-eccentric?

Like, a team made up of guys like Rodman, Metta World Peace, and Rasheed Wallace?

tumblr_mlh1lnckTq1qh8erdo1_400.gifv

Veteran-eccentric?

Like, a team made up of guys like Rodman, Metta World Peace, and Rasheed Wallace?

tumblr_mlh1lnckTq1qh8erdo1_400.gifv
yeah, I saw what I did but just didn't bother changing it. I will...just for you.

Come on, any non veteran-centric team will have at least one guy who have similar numbers or did when they were his age. Cleveland has at least 2, Boston has 2 guys that did. Even NY has a couple guys that are doing very well but playing for Thibs don't get as many minutes. I'm not going through the entire NBA but I'm sure there are more than ten and I'm not talking about top 5 picks. If you want to prove me wrong, feel free.
You haven't proven yourself right yet.