Darius Bazley | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

This is more in line with McCullough, but without injury.

As far as the NBA not seeing too much of the product, that is. They saw more than with Bazley, but then a tough injury...

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if he didn't look rusty during 5 on 5 but the pieces other than that might not be impacted too much if that's essentially all he's been doing for a year straight.
What do you mean you fully disagree with the first paragraph? It isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You're incorrect to say NBA front offices won't know who Darius is because he didn't play in college this season when he was just playing in the McDonald's game a year ago.

McDonald’s All American Game: Event has grown immensely over the last 42 years

"To that point, most NBA scouts contend that it’s the No. 1 place they can come and evaluate this level of player before the NBA Draft.

“They’re talking about the NCAA Tournament, the combine, everything,” Joe said. “Because there’s never this much talent in one gym. This game is literally giving the kids a chance to realize their dreams.”

That was evident this week as NBA scouts lined the bleachers at practices jotting notes and evaluating players’ abilities and tendencies."
The last sentence of what you previously wrote is just not true. Literally no one ones Bazley except our small group. I’ve talked to NBA people about SU guys in the past and they have no idea.

And nba workouts are not 5 on 5...

And it has nothing to do with me wanting to see him in a Cuse Jersey. It’s bizarre he took a year off...literally NO ONE does that or ever will...

The last sentence of what you previously wrote is just not true. Literally no one ones Bazley except our small group. I’ve talked to NBA people about SU guys in the past and they have no idea.

And nba workouts are not 5 on 5...

And it has nothing to do with me wanting to see him in a Cuse Jersey. It’s bizarre he took a year off...literally NO ONE does that or ever will...

I don't know why you're squeezing so hard on this argument that nobody outside of Syracuse basketball knows who Bazley is. The guy was a composite top 10 recruit and McDonald's AA a year ago. He's represented by Rich Paul. He is and has been on NBA team's radar.

Maybe the NBA guys you talked to didn't know who he was but I'm pretty confident that whatever team they work for sent representatives to the McDonald's game and they do.

And they play 5 on 5 at the combine.

Not entirely sure why they’d care much about 2018’s mcdonalds AA now that they’ve seen 98% of them in college, which replaces the body of work from a highschool all star glorified dunk contest game.

Not entirely sure why they’d care much about 2018’s mcdonalds AA now that they’ve seen 98% of them in college, which replaces the body of work from a highschool all star glorified dunk contest game.
Yep. Plus a year removed makes you persona non grata. He literally made a terrible decision not to attend college but had the gleague to showcase. Then he doubled down on that awful decision to make it even worse. No one is going to follow this path because it’s so dumb. I’d doubt he will even get a combine invite.

Yep. Plus a year removed makes you persona non grata. He literally made a terrible decision not to attend college but had the gleague to showcase. Then he doubled down on that awful decision to make it even worse. No one is going to follow this path because it’s so dumb. I’d doubt he will even get a combine invite.
Your above post is the extent to which i’d post my personal opinion on here without really saying how I feel. I agree 100%. Hope he does get the invite and kills workouts. Just a kid still.

Your above post is the extent to which i’d post my personal opinion on here without really saying how I feel. I agree 100%. Hope he does get the invite and kills workouts. Just a kid still.
Right. I hope the kid blows up. I hope he has a 20 year career. But it doesn’t make his decision Any less terrible.

He also is a class away from his degree. Tyus was a true student athlete. He will have choices that others will not. You can’t even coach without a degree.
The point I made had nothing to do with college, which is not for all. The point was Tyus is not better off basketball wise than if he had left last year, and there is no proof Bazley would be in a better position had he gone to SU.

Blurb about Bazely in this one...
Listed as one of the losers from yesterday and today...
"Darius Bazley. The former Syracuse signee wasn’t unspectacular at the combine, and his mere presence there will help his stock. But taking 2018-19 off drastically hurt Bazley’s pro future prospectus so he’s already fighting an uphill battle as far as exposure and relevancy. He initially announced he planned to play in the G-League instead of at Syracuse but then decided not to play in the G-League and trained on his own. His performance at the combine had the potential to bring his name back into the draft equation. It really didn’t, even though the 6-9 forward showed glimpses as an NBA-caliber talent in scrimmages."

"Darius Bazley. The former Syracuse signee wasn’t unspectacular at the combine, and his mere presence there will help his stock. But taking 2018-19 off drastically hurt Bazley’s pro future prospectus so he’s already fighting an uphill battle as far as exposure and relevancy. He initially announced he planned to play in the G-League instead of at Syracuse but then decided not to play in the G-League and trained on his own. His performance at the combine had the potential to bring his name back into the draft equation. It really didn’t, even though the 6-9 forward showed glimpses as an NBA-caliber talent in scrimmages."
I can’t remember if he did but I hope he got a $ guarantee from his agent.

I can’t remember if he did but I hope he got a $ guarantee from his agent.

He supposedly got a shoe endorsement deal I think. Whether it’s set in stone or has conditions will be important.

I don’t know why he’s listed as a loser. He played pretty well. Shot 8/13. Had some rebounds, assists, blocked a few shots.

Hopefully he saves some of that for a college education if basketball doesn’t pan out.
Why? He is a million dollars ahead of 99.9% of kids his age. College isn't for everyone. Hopefully, he invests in wisely, and uses the money to start a business that grows into a huge success.

Why? He is a million dollars ahead of 99.9% of kids his age. College isn't for everyone. Hopefully, he invests in wisely, and uses the money to start a business that grows into a huge success.

Huh? So you’re saying he shouldn’t save his money in case b-ball doesn’t work out?

He’s still an intriguing prospect IMO, but under no circumstances is sitting out of organized basketball for a year a good idea for a young basketball player.

He had the lowest body fat? Does he get a prize for that?

Sounds to me like he will "get his wish" and end up "trailblazing" in the G league one way or the other now. Great job by team Bazley lol.

That's kind of funny.

I'm not playing in the G-League, it's not the best place for me to develop my game. The New Balance corporate offices are where it's at!

With the 48th pick the _____________ select Darius Bazley, and assign him to the G-League for development.

At 0:38: Darius works on his cubicle ready NBA jump shot.

At 0:53: Darius shows an inability to high-five...even in an office setting.

At 1:03: Darius learns to sew.

At 1:17: Darius learns to sew.

At 1:33: Darius learns to sew.

At 1:40: Darius learns to sew.

At 1:54: Darius learns to sew.

This felt like a really kinda sorta okay elementary school field trip. Except you wish you were at Nike.

Sounds to me like he will "get his wish" and end up "trailblazing" in the G league one way or the other now. Great job by team Bazley lol.
Honestly, at 18 if I’m offered a million bucks to “intern” for a year instead of going to classes, I’m likely gonna take it.
Was it a short-sighted move by Team Bazely, especially for his future NBA prospects? Absolutely. If he’s OAD at the Cuse last year, he gets the exposure necessary to guarantee so much more income. But, likely he has/had syncopants whispering in his ear to take the money now. Ultimately a dumb move, IMHO.

Honestly, at 18 if I’m offered a million bucks to “intern” for a year instead of going to classes, I’m likely gonna take it.
Was it a short-sighted move by Team Bazely, especially for his future NBA prospects? Absolutely. If he’s OAD at the Cuse last year, he gets the exposure necessary to guarantee so much more income. But, likely he has/had syncopants whispering in his ear to take the money now. Ultimately a dumb move, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom