Darius Bazley | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

I don't have access to all the mocks but I have not seen one where Bazely is even projected as close to the 1st round. Every year at this time 15 guys impress people and are all late 1st round picks. Yet somehow no one moves down and out of the 1st round.

???

There are always a fair number of players in the first round as of today that are out by the actual NBA Draft.

I remember Raptor board members going nuts that we passed on Deyonte Davis and Skal Labissiere (sp) and took nobody Pascal Siakam in the first round.

???

There are always a fair number of players in the first round as of today that are out by the actual NBA Draft.

I remember Raptor board members going nuts that we passed on Deyonte Davis and Skal Labissiere (sp) and took nobody Pascal Siakam in the first round.

I remember people at work going a tad crazy over that pick at the time.

That’s just crazy talk

Would you have thought that someone like Demetris Nichols - a great shooter - would never sniff the NBA? So who's the better prospect?

Would you have thought that someone like Demetris Nichols - a great shooter - would never sniff the NBA? So who's the better prospect?
I never thought he would. Limited upside and athleticism. The latter is pretty critical.

I don't get the point of view that I have to be happy for Bazley. I'm an SU fan and he bailed on the school at the last minute. He owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. I'd rather be happy for guys like Oshae or Tyus. They came to SU and gave something to the school, team and fans. Do I wish they would've stayed? Of course, but I appreciate what they did for Cuse. I don't hate Bazley, but I don't have to root for him either.

I don't have access to all the mocks but I have not seen one where Bazely is even projected as close to the 1st round. Every year at this time 15 guys impress people and are all late 1st round picks. Yet somehow no one moves down and out of the 1st round.

The latest DraftExpress mock has Bazley in the first round; Battle and Oshae undrafted.

so a player who was drafted into the nba and played in nba games "never sniffed the nba" now?

If that's the case, then my apologies. I always thought Nichols was such an outstanding shooter that he would have stuck somewhere. I don't really remember him having any real time in the league.

If that's the case, then my apologies. I always thought Nichols was such an outstanding shooter that he would have stuck somewhere. I don't really remember him having any real time in the league.
He got deeked around by the Knicks, even though he had a great preseason with them. They wanted to stash him in Europe for a few years due to roster constraints. That was a terrible Knicks team too. Isiah Thomas was coach.

Screenshot_20190604-040321.png

I don't get the point of view that I have to be happy for Bazley. I'm an SU fan and he bailed on the school at the last minute. He owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. I'd rather be happy for guys like Oshae or Tyus. They came to SU and gave something to the school, team and fans. Do I wish they would've stayed? Of course, but I appreciate what they did for Cuse. I don't hate Bazley, but I don't have to root for him either.
I don't get that this thread is 11 pages. Basically he screwed the program last year in an attempted money grab. He's dead to me. Unless of course he helps my NBA team win a championship.

Still has G league written all over him even if he slips into the late first round, so he can do his trailblazing there. I also think the positive spin on him now right before the draft (since reviews were mixed coming out of the combine) is partly a reflection of the team he rolls with.

Still has G league written all over him even if he slips into the late first round, so he can do his trailblazing there. I also think the positive spin on him now right before the draft (since reviews were mixed coming out of the combine) is partly a reflection of the team he rolls with.

What's wrong with the G league? At this time almost half the NBA has spent time there.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the G league? At this time almost half the NBA has spent time there.

Never said anything was wrong with it -- simply pointing out that is where he intended to do his trailblazing at when he decided not to come -- so now he will have his opportunity to shine there after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom