Class of 2021 - DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if y'all have had enough of toying with these Rutgers trolls let's please keep the discussion on Mr. Chestnut.

When Chestnut announces tomorrow can we do some sort of public banning of the ru guys? Just you know for fun? They clearly aren’t a ‘take’ for the SU recruiting board, not enough posting intelligence for our tastes, might as well be done with them

When Chestnut announces tomorrow can we do some sort of public banning of the ru guys? Just you know for fun? They clearly aren’t a ‘take’ for the SU recruiting board, not enough posting intelligence for our tastes, might as well be done with them
They are around here somewhere...just not in this thread anymore. ;)

It's been decontaminated.

Its just sad that they have to go all out their way to make sure a 18 year old ratings gets dropped. They care too much about recruiting and not enough about winning games.

They’re idiots. Worst fan base in the Big East and now the Big Ten. A program that was a glorified high school program for years that had some success through smoke and mirrors, then returned to true form.

Pretty sure my analysis for Schiano’s first tenure was that he was basically around .500 with around half his wins coming against 1AA’s, MAC programs and Army.

Morons.

They’re idiots. Worst fan base in the Big East and now the Big Ten. A program that was a glorified high school program for years that had some success through smoke and mirrors, then returned to true form.

Pretty sure my analysis for Schiano’s first tenure was that he was basically around .500 with around half his wins coming against 1AA’s, MAC programs and Army.

Morons.
Teams like Penn st and UMich brought rutgers in so they can be their Army lol

Is this the second coming of Rutgersal?

Kind of sad in a class that you’re getting “everyone you want” we’ll have one recruit from NJ and he’ll be rated by Rivals higher than “everyone you wanted”.

Nice enthusiasm though.
Sutomcat’s Law:

The worse the program, the dumber the fan base is.

Rutgers has the worst program in the county and has the dumbest fans. This cannot be disputed.

God knows how many are stupid enough to believe what Dohn is telling them, and the crazy, pimped up ratings he manufactured for their crappy recruiting classes.

I wonder if this Chris kid really believes this Chestnut was not good enough for the worst program in college football?

I think not. How sad for him.

Chris, take up fishing. Learn to knit. Do something productive with your life before it is too late.

Ok last Rutgers thing but I have to repost this:

I had to check again for myself, but Schiano's career record at Rutgers was 68-67. His Big East Conference record was 28-48. That means that FORTY of his wins or roughtly 60% came against non-conference opponents.

And Here are his 40 OOC wins (I've bolded BCS conference opponents and italicized FCS opponents):

Buffalo (4)
Navy (6)
Army (7)
Mich. St.
Kent. St.
Vanderbilt
Villanova
North Carolina
Illinois
Ohio (2)
Howard (2)
Kansas St.
Norfolk St. (2)
Ball St.
Morgan St.
NC St.
Florida Intl. (2)
Maryland
Texas Southern
UCF
NC Central
Iowa St.

It's actually unbelievable when you look at the numbers. 15 wins against FCS opponents and Army, which is basically an FCS team. 14 wins against Navy and MAC opponents. He's a guy with a .500 record with 43% of his wins coming against FCS, MAC, or service academy opponents. And that is the smoke and mirrors that is Rutgers.

And not a single victory during his entire tenure over a traditional power college team - the Texas, USC, Miami, FSU, Ohio St, Notre Dame's of the world. Then again, you have to schedule them to have an opportunity to beat them.:noidea:

Ok so here is Syracuse over the same period:

Auburn
Kansas St. (2)
UCF (3)
ECU
Rhode Island (2)
North Carolina
Toledo (2)
Notre Dame (2)
Buffalo (3)
Cincinnati
Illinois
Miami OH
Wyoming
Northeastern
Northwestern
Maine (2)
Akron (2)
Colgate
Wake Forest
Tulane

We had 30 OOC wins over the same period, and were 53-80 over that stretch. 6 were vs. FCS opponents and we did not lose to any FCS opponents. We did not play the service academies over that period. 8 of our wins came against MAC opponents, exactly the same as Rutgers during that period. If we played 17 games over the same period vs FCS opponents and Army like Rutgers did, I'm pretty confident we would have had at a minimum 10 more wins. That would put us at 63-70 with 23 conference wins during a very down period for the program, versus 68-67 with 28 conference wins during their "power" years. Even taking the results as they are, we still had 1 more win over a BCS level program during that period, including Auburn and 2 over Notre Dame.

I give Schiano a lot of credit, Rutgers was an absolute abomination prior to him arriving. But what I have posted in this thread are the exact reasons why the Syracuse fan base has such a hard time understanding the hype around that program.

And remember this is our performance during one of our lowest periods over the past 50 years vs the Apex of their program.

Ok last Rutgers thing but I have to repost this:

I had to check again for myself, but Schiano's career record at Rutgers was 68-67. His Big East Conference record was 28-48. That means that FORTY of his wins or roughtly 60% came against non-conference opponents.

And Here are his 40 OOC wins (I've bolded BCS conference opponents and italicized FCS opponents):

Buffalo (4)
Navy (6)
Army (7)
Mich. St.
Kent. St.
Vanderbilt
Villanova
North Carolina
Illinois
Ohio (2)
Howard (2)
Kansas St.
Norfolk St. (2)
Ball St.
Morgan St.
NC St.
Florida Intl. (2)
Maryland
Texas Southern
UCF
NC Central
Iowa St.

It's actually unbelievable when you look at the numbers. 15 wins against FCS opponents and Army, which is basically an FCS team. 14 wins against Navy and MAC opponents. He's a guy with a .500 record with 43% of his wins coming against FCS, MAC, or service academy opponents. And that is the smoke and mirrors that is Rutgers.

And not a single victory during his entire tenure over a traditional power college team - the Texas, USC, Miami, FSU, Ohio St, Notre Dame's of the world. Then again, you have to schedule them to have an opportunity to beat them.:noidea:

Ok so here is Syracuse over the same period:

Auburn
Kansas St. (2)
UCF (3)
ECU
Rhode Island (2)
North Carolina
Toledo (2)
Notre Dame (2)
Buffalo (3)
Cincinnati
Illinois
Miami OH
Wyoming
Northeastern
Northwestern
Maine (2)
Akron (2)
Colgate
Wake Forest
Tulane

We had 30 OOC wins over the same period, and were 53-80 over that stretch. 6 were vs. FCS opponents and we did not lose to any FCS opponents. We did not play the service academies over that period. 8 of our wins came against MAC opponents, exactly the same as Rutgers during that period. If we played 17 games over the same period vs FCS opponents and Army like Rutgers did, I'm pretty confident we would have had at a minimum 10 more wins. That would put us at 63-70 with 23 conference wins during a very down period for the program, versus 68-67 with 28 conference wins during their "power" years. Even taking the results as they are, we still had 1 more win over a BCS level program during that period, including Auburn and 2 over Notre Dame.

I give Schiano a lot of credit, Rutgers was an absolute abomination prior to him arriving. But what I have posted in this thread are the exact reasons why the Syracuse fan base has such a hard time understanding the hype around that program.

And remember this is our performance during one of our lowest periods over the past 50 years vs the Apex

Good breakdown my friend. Rutgers fans dont understand the difference between potentially good and actually being good. I’ve been hearing the same thing for decades “if we keep NJ kids home ,watch out “ Or “We are a sleeping giant”. Lol. That window has closed. People will talk about Jim Brown and Ernie Davis before they remember rutgers magical 2006 season where they went 5-2 in the Big East and finished with a bowl win vs a 7-6 Kansas st team

Good breakdown my friend. Rutgers fans dont understand the difference between potentially good and actually being good. I’ve been hearing the same thing for decades “if we keep NJ kids home ,watch out “ Or “We are a sleeping giant”. Lol. That window has closed. People will talk about Jim Brown and Ernie Davis before they remember rutgers magical 2006 season where they went 5-2 in the Big East and finished with a bowl win vs a 7-6 Kansas st team
THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!

Was wondering how this thread went from 3 to 7 pages overnight, hilarious it was because two RU fans came on here and tried to tell us RU didn't want to take him. The old tired excuse their subscription site writers trot out when Schiano couldn't pull a Jersey kid. Absolutely incredible. Maybe he wasn't a take for Michigan and Ole Miss because of other names on the board, but Rutgers? You're having a laugh.

This is a kid from Camden RU has been recruiting hard since the Schianoman stepped in and now he's not a take because SU did a better recruiting job?

It's actually hilarious to see. It's going to be even funnier when their current commits start decommitting once COVID is over and other schools start going after them.

Was wondering how this thread went from 3 to 7 pages overnight, hilarious it was because two RU fans came on here and tried to tell us RU didn't want to take him. The old tired excuse their subscription site writers trot out when Schiano couldn't pull a Jersey kid. Absolutely incredible. Maybe he wasn't a take for Michigan and Ole Miss because of other names on the board, but Rutgers? You're having a laugh.

This is a kid from Camden RU has been recruiting hard since the Schianoman stepped in and now he's not a take because SU did a better recruiting job?

It's actually hilarious to see. It's going to be even funnier when their current commits start decommitting once COVID is over and other schools start going after them.
It's not just that they buy that crap. It's that they are compelled to come to our board and tell us. Shithead 1 and Shithead 2.

lol and there were current rutgers commits on his twitter trying to convince him to go there.

lol and there were current rutgers commits on his twitter trying to convince him to go there.
I am sure he tried as hard as he could but Schiano had to hold firm and tell him that he just wasn't a take for the mighty Scarlett Knights. Any logical mind would recognize that as crap, but not a Rutgers fan. In their minds its "Yep, that sounds logical. Let's march over to the Syracuse board and "congratulate" them and let them know the truth".

Sorry folks, I am fired up a little bit...and I am having a few beers (doesn't happen often). I am fired up because we are on the brink of landing a GREAT recruit. What a great job by our coaches. Not just with Chestnut, but with all of the guys we have landed. I am excited for the future of the program and I don't take kindly to classless shitbags coming over and trying to put a damper on this.

Sorry folks, I am fired up a little bit...and I am having a few beers (doesn't happen often). I am fired up because we are on the brink of landing a GREAT recruit. What a great job by our coaches. Not just with Chestnut, but with all of the guys we have landed. I am excited for the future of the program and I don't take kindly to classless shitbags coming over and trying to put a damper on this.
and it's not just this recruit. 14th rated recruiting class in the conference my ass. In three years, this is going to be the foundation of a top 25 team, mark it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom