Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go post on the BC board where you belong.
Since YOU brought up BC, they have 22 recruits, one 4-star and a pile of 3-stars. You think they are paying them to sign on? Given their recent record, SU should be creaming them. And, Addazio is working miracles. Just put those orange colored glasses on and tell yourself everything is just fine.

Let me add to that that nobody in Boston gives a rat's behind about BC football except BC alums and those care a million times more about hockey than they do about football. You think our students are bad? They wander into games half-way through the first half not having a clue what the score is.

The fact is: Addazio is a GREAT recruiter. Nobody on our staff is anywhere near close.

Not surprised one bit, all the signs have been pointing to Rutgers the last few weeks, when he cancelled his visit here I know some tried to brush it off but I knew it was a bad sign. At this point I am sure he will change his mind a couple dozen times between now and signing day but I hope the staff congratulates him and wishes him well tonight and then moves on completely. Better to put our time and effort into someone else and not get involved in this circus.

Still, why burn bridges? Unless we run out of scholarships, why also destroy the effort put into the kid's recruitment? He may very well have created a circus, and will clearly jump at an offer from any of the FL powerhouses, but so what? If we do well this season - and I think we will - the recruiting will reflect it. Right now it's all about perception, speculation, and salesmanship. The results on the field from the new staff and the team will set things straight. Too much uncertainty right now. To definitively declare recruiting a "mess", as some do, is quite premature.

Still, why burn bridges? Unless we run out of scholarships, why also destroy the effort put into the kid's recruitment? He may very well have created a circus, and will clearly jump at an offer from any of the FL powerhouses, but so what? If we do well this season - and I think we will - the recruiting will reflect it. Right now it's all about perception, speculation, and salesmanship. The results on the field from the new staff and the team will set things straight. Too much uncertainty right now. To definitively declare recruiting a "mess", as some do, is quite premature.

I am certainly not declaring the class or the current recruiting status a mess. However, at this point Hallmons recruitment has already had a million twists and turns, why continue to waste our time and energy on a guy who will probably end up at a school not even on his radar right now. To many other prospects out there for us to go after versus another 6 months of Hallmon committing and de-committing every other week.

History, Tradition, Great University, The Dome, the new practice facility......and its not always about winning......look at BC, Rutgirls, even Ole Miss. These are not winning programs. Kentucky....list goes on and on. Bottom line is we have to land that marquee name, a reason to come here. I am sure GMD and Coach SS are scratching their heads wondering what we have to do. IMO, it is perception. Wining will help but that isn't the answer either. The program needs a new image and makeover...lets face it, when kids think SU, they think JB and BB. We just need a lot of patience, something we are all so good at......NOT!

We're fine.

1. As stated by everyone: kid us going to be a loose commit for them. Who knows where he goes.

2. Keon Lynn and Eric White will stay in his ear and we'll be okay - especially if we have strong showing this year (esp on D).

3. Rutgers margin for error this season is rather small. The should dominate everyone but Louisville in the AAC. If they play mediocre, like say the last 10 years - or if they revert to their true poser form from the previous 30 - they will see some flips.

Since YOU brought up BC, they have 22 recruits, one 4-star and a pile of 3-stars. You think they are paying them to sign on? Given their recent record, SU should be creaming them. And, Addazio is working miracles. Just put those orange colored glasses on and tell yourself everything is just fine.

Let me add to that that nobody in Boston gives a rat's behind about BC football except BC alums and those care a million times more about hockey than they do about football. You think our students are bad? They wander into games half-way through the first half not having a clue what the score is.

The fact is: Addazio is a GREAT recruiter. Nobody on our staff is anywhere near close.

I guess Addazio being such a great recruiter and BC creaming us so bad in recruiting explains why they lost both Franklin and Cabinda to SU. Makes perfect sense.

Many here thought we'd leave Rutgers behind when we joined the ACC.

Well, guess what? Rutgers joined the Big 10, a better football conference.

We're going to lose a lot of recruiting battles to Rutgers.

I would have preferred, as many know, that they joined the ACC.

For 's sake, do you live in a cave? We have 10 recruits. At least figure out how many recruits we have before you throw out your customary bashing of our class anytime something doesn't go our way.
I think he's just referring to having 8 recruits that we specifically recruited for 2014 (even though its actually 9). I know it counts as ten, but Cooper, and to an extent Wayne Williams, were supposed to be 2013, so although we know they count for 2014 instead of 2013, I think it's just a matter of we've only gotten 9 guys who in this recruiting cycle have said yes to Syracuse.

Just what is the magic number of recruits that we are supposed to have at this point of the year? We are fine, alot of time left and kids will flip. Two words "Gareef Glashen" The Big 10 may be a better conference in some opinions but, wait till they have to play PSU, Michigan, OSU, Northwestern, Nebraska and the likes week in and out it won't be long and they will be the same old losers they have always been, we will always recruit against them because we will always have the same areas of recruiting, Pa, NJ, Ohio, Fla. Ga.
Just one of the reasons I like the Illinois angle of recruiting as well as Michigan. I wish the kid well, it is a BIG recruiting pond with plenty of fish.

O
Many here thought we'd leave Rutgers behind when we joined the ACC.

Well, guess what? Rutgers joined the Big 10, a better football conference.

We're going to lose a lot of recruiting battles to Rutgers.

I would have preferred, as many know, that they joined the ACC.
f course you would say the big ten is better. It's the Syracuse way!

Just what is the magic number of recruits that we are supposed to have at this point of the year? We are fine, alot of time left and kids will flip. Two words "Gareef Glashen" The Big 10 may be a better conference in some opinions but, wait till they have to play PSU, Michigan, OSU, Northwestern, Nebraska and the likes week in and out it won't be long and they will be the same old losers they have always been, we will always recruit against them because we will always have the same areas of recruiting, Pa, NJ, Ohio, Fla. Ga.
Just one of the reasons I like the Illinois angle of recruiting as well as Michigan. I wish the kid well, it is a BIG recruiting pond with plenty of fish.
Speaking of Glashen, didn't we get Keon Lynn when Glashen went to Ruthers? I'll take that trade. Also, does anyone remember when Keon did that q&a and spend a bunch of it trashing Rutgers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speaking of Glashen, didn't we get Keon Lynn when Glashen went to Ruthers? I'll take that trade. Also, does anyone remember when Keon did that q&a and spend a bunch of it trashing Rutgers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speaking of Keon, I remember when he announced, he called us "The University of Syracuse" lol. I remember it becuase well, i just couldnt figure how you could get the name of the school you are comitting your next 4 years too wrong.

Whats funny is that Deion, also comitted to the University of Rutgers lol

What a waste of time this bickering between us has been, from latest nj.com article from our good friend Toad...

“I told coach Flood, coach Cohen, coach Wilson,” Hallmon explained to NJ.com a week ago. “They know, they are just waiting for the 26th. I called coach Cohen and told him I need to talk to coach Flood, right away. And I told coach Flood I’m gonna commit there and I'm gonna announce on the 26th. They were happy. He was shocked. He was real happy.”[/QUOTE]

Eric being quite today should have been a hint we were out.

quote="orangeinjersey, post: 725085, member: 1961"]What a waste of time this bickering between us has been, from latest nj.com article from our good friend Toad...[/quote]

Yep him being quiet and his not do cryptic post last night about a half truth being a full lie... Told us all we needed to know. I am with the positive folks here. We still have a great shot at a lot of very good kids. Ish, Ishmael, Roberts, Custis, Beau from Wisconsin(easier than typing his last name!) all have us as a favorite. Toss in Figaro, Sykes, Holley etc. we will end up fine. Anomander had a great post above about average stars so far bring good and that will continue. By the way, Adazzio is a sleazebag. I will take Shafer and his crew anyday. Why don't we bring in Mike Locksley because we only have 10 kids so far?!

What a waste of time this bickering between us has been, from latest nj.com article from our good friend Toad...

he was actually tweeting this morning cryptically about Hallmon. He was also playing both sides the whole time

Bottom line right now is Rutgers is a better recruiting program then we are. Rationalize all you want but we need to start closing Regardless of the final outcome they are winni g th battles today. Hopefully positive play this year will help but odds are RU will have a good record this year too.

I know I will get killed for this post but that is where things stand. Fbruary is a long ways away so things can change.

I think he's just referring to having 8 recruits that we specifically recruited for 2014 (even though its actually 9). I know it counts as ten, but Cooper, and to an extent Wayne Williams, were supposed to be 2013, so although we know they count for 2014 instead of 2013, I think it's just a matter of we've only gotten 9 guys who in this recruiting cycle have said yes to Syracuse.

I know you're trying to help here and that is why I will not take my frustration with him out on you. He's the worst kind of poster - a lazy critic. It takes all of 30 seconds to go to Rvls, Skout, or ESPN, click on commit list, and count that we have 10 commits right now (assuming he can count to 10) and that does NOT include Wayne Williams.

1) Howard
2) Long
3) Franklin
4) Moskal
5) R. Williams
6) KJ Williams
7) Cabinda
8) Bennett
9) Dawson

10) Cooper

Wayne Williams may or may not be #11 depending on if he gets his early release from Nassau.

If he's going to keep using the number of recruits that we have as a reason to bash the recruiting effort and the number he keeps insisting on using is wrong, then he's going to get bashed and deservedly so. This isn't the first time either.

Bottom line right now is Rutgers is a better recruiting program then we are. Rationalize all you want but we need to start closing Regardless of the final outcome they are winni g th battles today. Hopefully positive play this year will help but odds are RU will have a good record this year too.

I know I will get killed for this post but that is where things stand. Fbruary is a long ways away so things can change.

If any Northeast program is killing us, and I hate to say it, it's Rutgers. They've landed at least 6 guys that we've offered. Granted 4 were from NJ but they were still guys we offered early and wanted.

That being said, there are at least 5 guys that are high quality recruits that we are in very good shape with that should decide in the next 2-3 months. And that's not counting long shots like Holley or Mavety.

Status
Not open for further replies.