Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many here thought we'd leave Rutgers behind when we joined the ACC.

Well, guess what? Rutgers joined the Big 10, a better football conference.

We're going to lose a lot of recruiting battles to Rutgers.

I would have preferred, as many know, that they joined the ACC.

Ug. Right now they have momentum. When they become Indiana, it will be much easier to out recruit them.

I know you're trying to help here and that is why I will not take my frustration with him out on you. He's the worst kind of poster - a lazy critic. It takes all of 30 seconds to go to Rvls, Skout, or ESPN, click on commit list, and count that we have 10 commits right now (assuming he can count to 10) and that does NOT include Wayne Williams.

1) Howard
2) Long
3) Franklin
4) Moskal
5) R. Williams
6) KJ Williams
7) Cabinda
8) Bennett
9) Dawson

10) Cooper

Wayne Williams may or may not be #11 depending on if he gets his early release from Nassau.

If he's going to keep using the number of recruits that we have as a reason to bash the recruiting effort and the number he keeps insisting on using is wrong, then he's going to get bashed and deservedly so. This isn't the first time either.
Thanks for understanding there. Maybe he's wearing gloves and shoes so he cant actually count to 10?

i agree - rutgers is a big recruiting rival right now and were losing. a rival on the field or a team that can match our tradition - no, but theyre getting guys we want

Speaking of Glashen, didn't we get Keon Lynn when Glashen went to Ruthers? I'll take that trade. Also, does anyone remember when Keon did that q&a and spend a bunch of it trashing Rutgers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No both committed to Syracuse around the same time and Rutgers was on the phone with them the next day trying to flip them. Glashen flipped, Keon told them to kick rocks then publically laughed at their efforts.

Well, today I learned that there's a University of Rutgers. I always thought Rutgers just consisted of highways and grease trucks.

tumblr_mmcw8mofwG1r5xzspo1_400.jpg

@EricWhiteCuse: A half truth is a whole lie.
-Proverb

So what the hell does this even mean? Who told the 'half truth'?
It couldn't have been Hallmon. Eric was still actively recruiting him through Twitter up til this morning.

It couldn't have been Hallmon. Eric was still actively recruiting him through Twitter up til this morning.

idk, but there was a thread on the basketball side the other day that quoted a recruit as saying he's heard that Rutgers is very good in basketball. Not exactly a half truth, more like a full blown lie, but you get what I mean.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/2015...ah-rutgers-they’re-very-good-i-heard-”.55913/

Pretty sure he is referring to Hallmon. There is feeling he was playing both sides the whole time

Pretty sure he is referring to Hallmon. There is feeling he was playing both sides the whole time

It makes sense that Hallmon is the person who Eric White was referring to.
It just seems strange that he would publicly accuse Hallmon of being disingenuous (or whatever you want to call it) on Sunday and then on Monday tweet the picture of the mannequin wearing a SU uniform with the #1 (his high school uniform number).

Whatever.
If he had said 'university of Syracuse' yesterday instead of 'university of Rutgers', it wouldn't have settled a lot of doubts anyway.

If any Northeast program is killing us, and I hate to say it, it's Rutgers. They've landed at least 6 guys that we've offered. Granted 4 were from NJ but they were still guys we offered early and wanted.

That being said, there are at least 5 guys that are high quality recruits that we are in very good shape with that should decide in the next 2-3 months. And that's not counting long shots like Holley or Mavety.

A great realistic post IMO. There are many on here that continue to think Rutgers isn't a recruiting rival and that's flat out not true. Same conference or not.

Rutgers has been beating us on recruiting overall for the last 4-5years... NJ they own, they are winning Rochester (UPSTATE NY) on us, which is a travesty and joke. Western NY is a battlefield - we'll see on the RB from Buffalo shortly. They get the same amount of athletes out of FLA as we do. Blah blah blah...

NJ has a top ten high school recruiting landscape and Rutgers is in a very strong conference. They will continue to have success recruiting without a doubt, although not convinced on any more winning.

IMO, Shafer is a game changer on recruiting. Winning is vital yes, but having the deal closer is huge. He will need a few classes to build off of, but I think we get better every year like the class this yr vs last (yes top to bottom it will be stronger). I don't think the staff as a whole is strong on recruiting and we will see some pieces shuffled over time.

We are CUSE!

1. Ted Hoffman@FlyBrandCEO 13h
  2. @EricWhiteCuse You got these old twitter lurkers too excited. More battles to come, we'll get our share. Keep fighting the fight EW!

1. IBleedOrange@IBleedOrange1 11h
  2. @rjsauter44 @EricWhiteCuse @FlyBrandCEO Just wait till the W's start piling up
Yep..it's recruiting you don't get everyone you try for. I'm very happy with the 9 (10) we have and it's not like there aren't other excellent prospects available.
(Good tweet T)

The key for all of them is the first week of February and if SU goes 9-4 like I think they are going to go things will all work out in the end.

We are doing fine. New staff is going to take time. Rutgers continues to do a good job and has a geographic advantage in NJ. I believe we end up with a very good class.

A great realistic post IMO. There are many on here that continue to think Rutgers isn't a recruiting rival and that's flat out not true. Same conference or not.

Rutgers has been beating us on recruiting overall for the last 4-5years... NJ they own, they are winning Rochester (UPSTATE NY) on us, which is a travesty and joke. Western NY is a battlefield - we'll see on the RB from Buffalo shortly. They get the same amount of athletes out of FLA as we do. Blah blah blah...

NJ has a top ten high school recruiting landscape and Rutgers is in a very strong conference. They will continue to have success recruiting without a doubt, although not convinced on any more winning.

IMO, Shafer is a game changer on recruiting. Winning is vital yes, but having the deal closer is huge. He will need a few classes to build off of, but I think we get better every year like the class this yr vs last (yes top to bottom it will be stronger). I don't think the staff as a whole is strong on recruiting and we will see some pieces shuffled over time.

We are CUSE!

Eh. Gause and some kid they said could play running back who flipped from us last year. They missed out on Broyld. Not sure they are really winning Rochester. They do well in NJ and we are neck and neck in Florida imo

We are CUSE!
I'll never forget Bud Poliquin warning SU fans about Rutgers being a sleeping giant and that if it ever wakes up and gets serious about football we're in for tough times. It was November 27, 1999 at halftime of the Syracuse-Miami game. He also mentioned that UConn was in the planning stages of building a new stadium and that would alos present further recruiting problems for SU. The Dwight Freeney's of the world would have a home state option.

I'll never forget Bud Poliquin warning SU fans about Rutgers being a sleeping giant and that if it ever wakes up and gets serious about football we're in for tough times. It was November 27, 1999 at halftime of the Syracuse-Miami game. He also mentioned that UConn was in the planning stages of building a new stadium and that would alos present further recruiting problems for SU. The Dwight Freeney's of the world would have a home state option.
About the only thing Bud had said that made sense.

Their Florida recruiting will dry up, and Big 10 teams will get the best New Jersey players. Ohio State roster 89-3 players from Florida, Penn St 62-1, Michigan 83-2, Michigan St 111-6, 4 of the best programs have 12 players from Florida. If they don't go to those schools, it won't be long before they don't go to an also ran.

The thing that scares me is the Jersey kids are actually now taking pride in staying home. If they can actually learn how to game plan, and coach in game, they may be onto something. Whatever they are selling down there everyone is buying.

The thing that scares me is the Jersey kids are actually now taking pride in staying home. If they can actually learn how to game plan, and coach in game, they may be onto something. Whatever they are selling down there everyone is buying.
For one they have a lot of glitz to throw at recruits on visits, they get what kids like best, video games in the players lounge. They make full use of Youtube and really hype up their program. After Shady announced he was leaving the AD got right after recruits to assure them that they were still wanted. RU started a program under Shady whereby every newborn in the state of New Jersey was given a childs book on Rutgers. Just as Bud said nearly 14 years ago watch out if they ever take the football program seriously. We were stuck with astroturf that was outdated and very hard underneath and they used that against us. We still don't put our outstanding games on Youtube. When Coach P was fired no one contacted Ray Rice except for Shady and that was the major turning point for Rutgers rise in recruiting. Rice put excitement in their program. He still does as in being the star running back for last years Super Bowl champions. It is what is now and we have to take all the steps necessary to fight back.

For one they have a lot of glitz to throw at recruits on visits, they get what kids like best, video games in the players lounge. They make full use of Youtube and really hype up their program. After Shady announced he was leaving the AD got right after recruits to assure them that they were still wanted. RU started a program under Shady whereby every newborn in the state of New Jersey was given a childs book on Rutgers. Just as Bud said nearly 14 years ago watch out if they ever take the football program seriously. We were stuck with astroturf that was outdated and very hard underneath and they used that against us. We still don't put our outstanding games on Youtube. When Coach P was fired no one contacted Ray Rice except for Shady and that was the major turning point for Rutgers rise in recruiting. Rice put excitement in their program. He still does as in being the star running back for last years Super Bowl champions. It is what is now and we have to take all the steps necessary to fight back.

Good post. I guess the even more troubling part for Hallmon and Ish is they weren't even NJ kids, they were Fla kids where the ACC school has a built in advantage

Good post. I guess the even more troubling part for Hallmon and Ish is they weren't even NJ kids, they were Fla kids where the ACC school has a built in advantage
Shady established deep roots in Florida, their program is reaping the fruit of that labor. We pretty much abandoned Florida under GRob we have to turn around all of the mistakes of our past.

Shady established deep roots in Florida, their program is reaping the fruit of that labor. We pretty much abandoned Florida under GRob we have to turn around all of the mistakes of our past.

based on their on field performance, im not sure their reaping much of anything, but i suppose when you compare it to pre-schiano, there is a difference.

this program is going through what uk is going through now but for different reasons. uk is getting recruits because of stoops. once they get smacked up in the sec and realize they'll never be a player, the recruiting will diminish. rutgers is getting recruits because of the big 10 move. once they get beat down in the big 10, the recruits will take notice. be patient, as it may take but a year in the big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.