DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

He can also not get drafted as a starter at Cuse.

Normally agree with your takes

But don’t agree with this

Think his shot to get drafted was better at Cuse

However, Jahad family side of thing almost required he take the short term money

The downside is, in the long run, he probably makes more at Cuse by staying here, being an absolute stud for our secondary and getting drafted

However, Jahad family side of thing almost required he take the short term money

The downside is, in the long run, he probably makes more at Cuse by staying here, being an absolute stud for our secondary and getting drafted
If the Syracuse NIL money wasn't enough to help out his family, then either his family has mammoth problems or our NIL has miniscule resources.
Gotta believe that he jumped more for desire than need.

Last edited:
If you are good enough to play in the NFL, play at the school where you will get on the field. Who cares how good you are if you don’t play? If you’re not good enough to play in the NFL, it doesn’t matter where you play.

Only a handful of kids might get drafted playing second string at Ohio State vs starting at Cuse. Maybe on the Dline or Oline but not in the secondary

2nd team, There’s a lesson there.
Maybe this is what you are saying, but my assumption is that new players/transfers don't automatically get assigned to the 1st team, based entirely on their reputation. I think it is preferable for them to be initially placed on the 2nd (or 3rd) team and let them demonstrate they deserve a starting spot (and earn the respect of their new teammates) during spring ball and fall camp.

I agree that he has a better shot at getting drafted by being a starter here over a backup at Ohio State, that’s just common sense. However it is only April it’s not like because he was out there with the 2s now he couldn’t have broken out in the summer and became a starter, depth charts and who’s running with the 1s and 2s don’t mean too much right now. Especially for a transfer.. Obviously the injury is a setback and makes rising to the top of a depth chart at a football power like Ohio State more difficult but he’s a very talented player, wouldn’t shock me if he’s starting come august/september assuming he’s healthy.

I like how Ohio st is using him. Box safety who can cover slots/ TE’s. He tackles well in space. You speak in absolutes. Do you know how much he can make for sure? Keep in mind Carter has two years to play there. He can possibly move to the boundary the following year.

Last edited:
You're changing your argument now
What argument? I don’t get on Cuse forums to debate. What I said is true. Starting doesn’t guarantee you anything. There’s a possibility you can expose more weaknesses. He can get hurt, under perform etc.. at Cuse or Ohio st. Many players that start or become all conference players don’t get drafted. I am trying to figure out how you know he is not going to start. The guy in front of him had 15 tackles last year and had a transfer from Ok st. beat him out

Last edited:
Meh. Transfers often start spring behind guys who’ve been there longer until they earn the job through reps.

We brought in Shrader with the expectation that he was going to replace TD. He was 2nd team all spring…
Shrader wasn’t a multi year starter at Qb when he left MSU. Not the same situation

Shrader wasn’t a multi year starter at Qb when he left MSU. Not the same situation
It’s not like he left here for lack of playing time, he might have left for different rea$on$ not tied to a promised starting job.

It’s not like he left here for lack of playing time, he might have left for different rea$on$ not tied to a promised starting job.
obviously

Look, if you have a tough home situation like he does and you can get some much needed financial help, from Ohio freaking State mind you, you take it. These very H0T Takes about him being second team in April so ha ha you shouldn’t have left the paradise of Central NY is nuts

Last edited:
Look, if you have a tough home situation like he does and you can get some much needed financial help, from Ohio freaking State mind you, you take it. These H0T Takes about him being second team in April so ha ha you shouldn’t have left the paradise of Central NY is nuts
His career can end on any given play so he's making as much money as he can now. Lots of players get drafted. The ultimate goal is to make a team and earn a second contract.

Look, if you have a tough home situation like he does and you can get some much needed financial help, from Ohio freaking State mind you, you take it. These H0T Takes about him being second team in April so ha ha you shouldn’t have left the paradise of Central NY is nuts
As much as some hate NIL, it's also the peak of earning potential for a lot of players (hopefully not Carter, hope he's NFL) so if they can maximize now they should do it because that window is small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom