DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

after watching their last few games, they should want most of our Defense (at least the starting unit from Sept).
I watched quite a few of their games this year. Hickman made some plays (declared for the draft) but I wasnt overly impressed with the Ransom kid

I don’t get why some people think it will be so hard for Carter to go into Ohio St and start from day 1. He just had a great year for us and the amount he improved from his 1st year he’s like a totally different player. I think he can easily go to Ohio St and start.

As far as getting recruited over, he has already played 3 years and will likely go pro after his one year at Ohio state. Even if they have a 5 star coming in Carter has 3 years of P5 playing experience.
Dude has started every year he's played in college, has ACC accolades but people are worried he cant beat out 18 year old freshmans that havent proven anything?

Last edited:
How much of the NIL money is coming from the schools?
All I say the schools because it is a simpler framing. Everyone on the board knows it is the collective's working probably with coaching inputs behind the scenes. I think that is what you are poking at in my comment. While the schools and collectives are not synonymous, for ease of discussion I use them that way. Though if people looked under the hoods at some schools, I am sure there are some schools doing their own thing.

The athletic had a story yesterday detailing what top recruits were being offered and it’s way way more than that. High 6 to 7 figures. There’s no way he left for 25-50, especially right after OSU’s defense got shredded. I’m friends with some big OSU fans and they alone would pay more for secondary help.
That article was very interesting. IF - IF - the numbers untested high school kids were quoting were true, Carter had to see some significant $.

Am I not seeing something……Carter was a good player for us … very good, Ohio State will have 2 or 3 , 4 or 5 star kids coming in plus what they already have . Doesn’t add up to me . Seems a risky cash grab.
I think the only problem he might have is the defensive coach sucks, and maybe the rest of the defensive staff does the same. That would make it hard for him, if there isn't a number of changes in the staff.

All I say the schools because it is a simpler framing. Everyone on the board knows it is the collective's working probably with coaching inputs behind the scenes. I think that is what you are poking at in my comment. While the schools and collectives are not synonymous, for ease of discussion I use them that way. Though if people looked under the hoods at some schools, I am sure there are some schools doing their own thing.
Perfect. I love it.

Dude has started every year he's played in college, has ACC accolades but people are worried he cant beat out 18 year old freshmans that havent proven anything?
Who says 18 yr olds are the only competition? Has OSU renounced the portal?

Since this thread has the most active NIL discussion...

I wonder how long it'll be until the P5 football version of Big League Advance further muddies the water and begins buying future earnings rights of top prospects.

They have only brought in three players from the portal - a Kicker, a Longsnapper, and Ja'Had. And, from those in the know, apparently, only one other player has been offered - an OL.

Who specifically are you referring to in the portal?

Carter was listed as the second best available player in the portal the other day according to one list.
Also Carter going to Ohio State will likely make any potential competition for the safety spot think twice about transferring in if they want all the playing time they can get.

Who specifically are you referring to in the portal?

Carter was listed as the second best available player in the portal the other day according to one list.
Also Carter going to Ohio State will likely make any potential competition for the safety spot think twice about transferring in if they want all the playing time they can get.

And to that I would note that Taj Harris was listed as a top ten portal talent.

And to that I would note that Taj Harris was listed as a top ten portal talent.
And to that I would note, the two aren’t comparable otherwise.

This thread is getting a bit strange. Everyone was bummed Carter went into the portal BECAUSE he is a really good player for us. Others state he would have no problem being drafted from Syracuse (because you know he is really good). Now people are saying he's making a huge mistake going to a top 4 powerhouse where he will likely start but maybe a 4 or 5 star will beat him or another portal player or he will be buried? Honestly sounds like some on our board have a severe case of butthurt about Carter leaving.

Im referring to people who are mentioning him getting recruited over by 5 stars.

This thread is getting a bit strange. Everyone was bummed Carter went into the portal BECAUSE he is a really good player for us. Others state he would have no problem being drafted from Syracuse (because you know he is really good). Now people are saying he's making a huge mistake going to a top 4 powerhouse where he will likely start but maybe a 4 or 5 star will beat him or another portal player or he will be buried? Honestly sounds like some on our board have a severe case of butthurt about Carter leaving.
Yup. It doesn't make sense if it involves Carter not wearing a Cuse uniform.

It’s entirely fair to point out that some players are leaving very good situations with a lot (or maybe not a lot) of NIL money as a likely significant factor. It’s equally fair to note that the situation at their new destination is not necessarily going to be a static one, e.g. there will be another portal period this year and factories like tOSU will always be looking aggressively to improve their roster.
If the SU staff isn’t saying the above to potential portalers they certainly should be.

I always hoped I would see SU win another national championship before I die. Now, am I supposed to hope SU BUYS one?

Yep , my butts killing me, it’s ruined my life !!!!!

Yep , my butts killing me, it’s ruined my life !!!!!
Sounds like you need this guy!
6B2B4089-F9A2-4817-A01E-BE982BBC3937.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom