DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

Expected to be the starter game 1 per OSU insiders

Duce expected to be starter game 1 by LSU insiders

No way to spin the impact their departures ave had
So far, there's been no impact. What's "spin" are you referring to?

Shouldn't we wait until there's empirical evidence to gauge whether or not there's been an impact, and if so to what order of magnitude?

Last edited:

I look at it as a positive in the sense that we are able to identify good players, and develop them to the top level of the college game.

It may not be fun to have these players leave us, but we should be able to compete while they are here.

And there’s nothing to prevent us from trying to keep them in the future

We already knew they were good players. It doesnt mean the defense cant be better than it was last year. Lets commend the staff for finding adequate transfers that can help offset the loss.

We already knew they were good players. It doesnt mean the defense cant be better than it was last year. Lets commend the staff for finding adequate transfers that can help offset the loss.
I can be better and not as good as it would have been. Both can be true at the same time.

I can be better and not as good as it would have been. Both can be true at the same time.
Right it could be better or worse. We just dont know. If Alton, Trill and Cisco transferred after 2018. It would have been assumed 2019 would be better defensively with those 3 future NFL players. Maryland was the start of a bad year on defense. Every year is different.

Right it could be better or worse. We just dont know. If Alton, Trill and Cisco transferred after 2018. It would have been assumed 2019 would be better defensively with those 3 future NFL players. Maryland was the start of a bad year on defense. Every year is different.
I didn't say worse. I said it could be both better and not as good as could have been at the same time.

Last edited:
It also shouldn’t be lost that we brought in transfers to replace them….

Those transfers have multiple years of eligibility left (Duce and Jahad were gone after this season) and do not get a free transfer anymore.

Potentially could be a net positive for us eventually

Those transfers have multiple years of eligibility left (Duce and Jahad were gone after this season) and do not get a free transfer anymore.

Yeah. I see that as two different discussions. We can talk about the impact this year and then also the longer term impact. Given the unsettled nature of college sports, I have a hard time looking any farther ahead than this season.

I dont understand the love affair of pointing out how they lost impact players to transfer. Why isnt the energy spent on the job the staff did trying to fill those gaps?

I dont understand the love affair of pointing out how they lost impact players to transfer. Why isnt the energy spent on the job the staff did trying to fill those gaps?
It's not a love affair. They did do a great a job. But the people like me that keep beating that dead horse may feel the need to do it because others seem to think we'll plug whatever guys we get from the portal into the same roles and not see a difference. One dead horse beating deserves another, I suppose.

Last edited:

Made it sound that it wasn’t injury related.
Yeah made it sound like he was beat out. Honestly, I don’t want the kid injured, but cases like this is something we can point to in the future. I also don’t believe Geer played, or if he did he did not record any tackles. This is the last thing i want to do but if it shows kids it’s not always greener on the other side then so be it.

On the other hand Linton seemed to ball out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom