Class of 2025 - DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24)

OFFERED> JORDAN GIBBS LONGWOOD HS, MIDDLE ISLAND, NY
# 4 6' 2" 170 / 4.29 - 4.3 40/ 60m 7.2/ LJ 19' 5" // < UPDATED 40! 3/24/24 9:36 P.M. :)
images (73).jpg

COMMITTED 3/24/24!

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

HIGH FBIQ
TOUGH PLAYER
AT DB HITS ARE BRUTAL DB IS HIS BEST ASSET IMO
GREAT VISION
WANTS TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN COMPROMISED - HITS ARE WITH SHOULDER WITH FULL BODY WEIGHT GOING INTO RB/REC CHEST DRIVING PLAYER INTO GROUND - WHEN DOWN GIBBS LANDS ON THEM
AT WR EXCELLENT HANDS - CATCHES THE BALL

UPDATED 3/14/2024

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

OK! = 4.9 - 4.99

FAIR = 4.8 - 4.89

GOOD = 4.7 - 4.79

FAST = 4.6 - 4.69

FAST! = 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST = 4.4 - 4.49 > WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT A GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

>>>>>ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 <<<< TRANSFER ZEED HAYNES 4.39 IS HERE NOW, MALACHI JAMES 4.39, IS A FEB. SIGNEE< MARCELLUS BARNES 4.39 IS A DEC SIGNEE

PLEASE NOTE: MY ERROR BUT HAPPY TO REPORT A 6.45 55m CONVERTS TO A 4.291845 40 = >>4.29<< MR. GIBBS IS NOW THE FASTEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM SO FAR!

GREAT GET!

Last edited:
I dunno. They can't all be 4-Stars. It breeds discontent. Would I like the staff to wait and pluck some higher hanging fruit? - Yes, but how do you doubt them at this point. Kid "only" runs a 4.7.

The 40 seems low for the type of players Fran is recruiting. Wonder if there is any information on his track times. Would give a good indication of his current speed.

OFFERED> JORDAN GIBBS LONGWOOD HS, MIDDLE ISLAND, NY
# 4 6' 2" 170 / 4.7 40/ 60m 7.2/ LJ 19' 5"
View attachment 239077

COMMITTED 3/24/24!

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

HIGH FBIQ
TOUGH PLAYER
AT DB HITS ARE BRUTAL DB IS HIS BEST ASSET IMO
GREAT VISION
WANTS TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN COMPROMISED - HITS ARE WITH SHOULDER WITH FULL BODY WEIGHT GOING INTO RB/REC CHEST DRIVING PLAYER INTO GROUND - WHEN DOWN GIBBS LANDS ON THEM
AT WR EXCELLENT HANDS - CATCHES THE BALL
DISAGREE WITH COACH, 4.7 IS NOT A BURNER BUT FAST ENOUGH

UPDATED 3/14/2024

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

OK! = 4.9 - 4.99

FAIR = 4.8 - 4.89

>>>>GOOD = 4.7 - 4.79<<<< 4.71

FAST = 4.6 - 4.69

FAST! = 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST = 4.4 - 4.49 > WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT A GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 > TRANSFER ZEED HAYNES 4.39 IS HERE NOW, MALACHI JAMES 4.39, IS A FEB. SIGNEE< MARCELLUS BARNES 4.39 IS A DEC SIGNEE

GOOD GET!
Bill, where is the 40 time from?

I don't mind it. While our NIL fund isn't nothing, we don't have the resources to sign a full class of 4 and 5 stars. If you find someone under the radar you like, makes sense to grab and gives you more flexibility on a few higher rated prospects/transfers
We don’t. It’s going to be a mixture. Even in the 90’s when we were very good it was still a mixture.

Anyone who thinks every kid we’re going to land is going to be a 4 star needs to hit the expectation reset button. That isn’t happening.

His imagination.

Kid has recorded track times substantially better than listed above.

Wouldn't make any sense for us to take an early commit from a DB (where speed is such an important attribute) who runs a 4.7+ this early.

I dunno. The reality is more of these kids are in the 4.7 to 4.9 range than the 4.4-4.6 range they report.

The fastest human beings to ever play pro football were in the 4.3 to 4.5 range. People actually believe all these 15-16 year olds are running the 4.4s and 4.5s they’re reporting?

I dunno. The reality is more of these kids are in the 4.7 to 4.9 range than the 4.4-4.6 range they report.

The fastest human beings to ever play pro football were in the 4.3 to 4.5 range. People actually believe all these 15-16 year olds are running the 4.4s and 4.5s they’re reporting?
Exactly

The 40 seems low for the type of players Fran is recruiting. Wonder if there is any information on his track times. Would give a good indication of his current speed.
His 55m PR is 6.45.

Some comparisons….

Javon Lawrence 6.54
Sean Tucker 6.41
Muwaffaq Parkman 6.61
LaQuint Allen 7.35*
Trashon Dye 7.15

*=stopped running track in grade

Exactly
Exactly, nothing.

Kid is much faster than a 4.7, with equivalent comps from track related measurement, not just someone standing with a stopwatch estimating a 40-yard dash speed.

Fran Brown wouldn't recruit a player where positional speed is at a premium who runs a 4.7. Period. End of sentence..

Some people are just going bananas here. It's the kids recruiting thread. Take your kvetching somewhere else.
There is also more to football than straight long speed. there arent that many 6’2” DBs out there with the athletic potential we like.

kid from our back yard with a chance to grow with us is obviously an important take for Fran. If Fran didn’t believe in him, he wouldn’t be committed right now.

I realize Fran has won 0 games so far, but he has more than earned the benefit of the doubt on a kid he takes early in the class, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

PR 6.45 55m, PR 7.2 60m, PR 36.72 300m. SR 19.1 Long Jump
RF2044 - The times Legacy listed are his exact times listed on Milesplit.com Go to the site and convert it yourself.

He has no 40 listed by any other site and the ratings boys don't either. It's frustrating when you have a good recruit and his 40 as well as wgt. room stats, etc. are missing and you either search or convert a 100m or 60m.

Actually when I went back his time is a 4.71.

RF2044 - The times Legacy listed are his exact times listed on Milesplit.com Go to the site and convert it yourself.

He has no 40 listed by any other site and the ratings boys don't either. It's frustrating when you have a good recruit and his 40 as well as wgt room stats, etc. are missing and you either search or convert a 100m or 60m.
Well, one thing is for certain. He is considerably faster than our last player from Longwood High School, one Omari Palmer, now called Odyssey Jones by those who follow professional wrestling.

opoj.jpeg

Not a sprinter.

If someone can leave the formula up here, it would be great. But can someone convert the time of 6.60 seconds ran in 55 meters to time would've ran at same rate ran in 40 yards?

Thanks.
But can someone convert the time of 6.60 seconds ran in 55 meters to time would've ran at same rate ran in 40 yards?Thanks.55 meters = 60.15 yards(55 meters / 6.6s) * (60.15 yards / 55 meters) = 9.11 yards / second(40 yards) / (9.11 yards / second) = 4.39 secondsYou really needed to post this and couldn't figure it out?

Copilot
Results from Current Page:
  • The user is asking for a conversion from a time of 6.60 seconds run in 55 meters to the time it would take to run the same rate in 40 yards.
  • The given conversion factor is that 55 meters is equivalent to 60.15 yards.
Results from Web:
  • To convert the time, we can use the formula: [ \text{{Time in yards}} = \frac{{\text{{Distance in yards}}}}{{\text{{Rate in yards per second}}}} ]
  • First, calculate the rate in yards per second: [ \text{{Rate in yards per second}} = \frac{{\text{{Distance in yards}}}}{{\text{{Time in seconds}}}} = \frac{{60.15}}{{6.6}} \approx 9.11 \text{{ yards per second}} ]
  • Next, find the time it would take to run 40 yards at the same rate: [ \text{{Time in yards}} = \frac{{40}}{{9.11}} \approx 4.39 \text{{ seconds}} ]
In summary, if someone runs at the same rate as they did for 55 meters, it would take approximately 4.39 seconds to run 40 yards.

55 meters = 60.15 yards

(55 meters / 6.6s) * (60.15 yards / 55 meters) = 9.11 yards / second

(40 yards) / (9.11 yards / second) = 4.39 seconds

55meters = 60.15 yards

(55meters / 6.45) 60.15 yards / 55meters) = 9.32 yards / second

(40 yards) / ( 9.32 yards / 55 meters) = 4.291845 = 4.3

I STAND CORRECTED USING THE FORMULA ABOVE JORDAN GIBBS RUNS A 4.29/3 40. APOLOGIES. I CORRECTED MY EVALUATION POST ABOVE. HAPPY TO REPORT MY ERROR AND VERY HAPPY FOR JORDAN AND FRAN AND THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM. HIS 4.29 MAKES HIM, I BELIEVE, THE FASTEST PLAYER ON OUR TEAM, SO FAR! :)

Last edited:
^ that assumes the runner is moving the same speed on his first step as his last step, during a 40 a larger percentage of his run would be reaching top speed and a smaller percentage of his run would be spent at top speed.

^ that assumes the runner is moving the same speed on his first step as his last step, during a 40 a larger percentage of his run would be reaching top speed and a smaller percentage of his run would be spent at top speed.
You're right, but I am happy with a 4.3. You?

You're right, but I am happy with a 4.3. You?
Conversion wise he’s at a minimum sub 4.35 so I think everyone should just be content about that lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom