Class of 2024 - DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth

Or the poster. I was baffled by the multiple stilettos to that post.
I kind of thought he looked a little slow in that last highlight video. I am no scout, to be fair.

I kind of thought he looked a little slow in that last highlight video. I am no scout, to be fair.

From what I understand, Love was projected as a 4-star recruit, but that may have been inflated by Dohn because he was an in-state Rutgers target.

Love was listed as a WR / DB. But from what I understand, he may be a guy who projects to LB [or perhaps Rover, like Justin Barron] in our system.

When Love rebuked RU's commitment ultimatum, Dohn downgraded him to 3-stars, and the RU board chatter was that he was "too slow" to be a DB. The rationalize everything, so that assessment needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I believe that Money [great poster, HS coach] on our board indicated that he probably isn't a defensive back, or that he'd "grown" out of that position and now projects at LB / Rover. But I think with his ranking, if you land him, you take the commitment gambling on upside and figure out where he lands later on.

From what I understand, Love was projected as a 4-star recruit, but that may have been inflated by Dohn because he was an in-state Rutgers target.

Love was listed as a WR / DB. But from what I understand, he may be a guy who projects to LB [or perhaps Rover, like Justin Barron] in our system.

When Love rebuked RU's commitment ultimatum, Dohn downgraded him to 3-stars, and the RU board chatter was that he was "too slow" to be a DB. The rationalize everything, so that assessment needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I believe that Money [great poster, HS coach] on our board indicated that he probably isn't a defensive back, or that he'd "grown" out of that position and now projects at LB / Rover. But I think with his ranking, if you land him, you take the commitment gambling on upside and figure out where he lands later on.
Syracuse has a history of turning big safeties into line backers. Dyshawn Davis, Keith Bullock and Kyle Whitner(sp?) jump to my mind.

That could very well be.

I assume that the coaching staff will also be looking to flip a few guys, and maintain a bunch of scholarships open for the transfer portal in December.

travel roster only list 6 seniors. I assume will lose some others by attrition (marburg) just not sure how you plan for that when making offers over the next couple of months.

travel roster only list 6 seniors. I assume will lose some others by attrition (marburg) just not sure how you plan for that when making offers over the next couple of months.

Well, there's bound to be some outbound attrition [portal, injuries, etc.] -- so a few scholarships might open up. We might also have a recruit or two get poached late in the game.

And you have to be ready to go as the season winds down, and players enter the portal. So I think at this point, you just pay close attention to what's transpiring, and act swiftly when the time comes.

The numbers always work themselves out in the end.

Well, there's bound to be some outbound attrition [portal, injuries, etc.] -- so a few scholarships might open up. We might also have a recruit or two get poached late in the game.

And you have to be ready to go as the season winds down, and players enter the portal. So I think at this point, you just pay close attention to what's transpiring, and act swiftly when the time comes.

The numbers have to work themselves out. ;-)

I think minus seniors and walkons we're right around 78 kids (7 openings) and we have 17 commitments. It's surely going to be an interesting off season.

I assume if someone like bnoro dislikes this it means he ain’t coming here?
No, I deleted a couple things off original post. Didn't want any hissy fits .

Going to have to be a lot of attrition this offseason. With 78 scholarship players with remaining eligibility and 17 commits, that's 10 over the limit of 85. And we are still recruiting for 24.

Going to have to be a lot of attrition this offseason. With 78 scholarship players with remaining eligibility and 17 commits, that's 10 over the limit of 85. And we are still recruiting for 24.
My guess
Damien Alford - NFL draft
Jayden Bass
Belizaire Bassette
JJ Branham
Berry Buxton III
Tom Callahan
Malcolm Folk
Oronde Gadsden II - NFL draft
Ty Gordon
Aman Greenwood
Wes Hoeh
Josh Ilaoa
Josiah Jeffery
Isaiah Johnson - NFL draft
Austyn Kauhi
Steven Mahar Jr.
Maximilian Mang
Francois Nolton Jr.
Trebor Pena
Cornell Perry
Stefon Thompson - NFL draft
Max Von Marburg
Marlowe Wax - NFL draft
Jeremiah Wilson - NFL draft

That's 24 names

My guess
Jayden Bass
Belizaire Bassette
JJ Branham
Berry Buxton III
Tom Callahan
Malcolm Folk
Ty Gordon
Aman Greenwood
Wes Hoeh
Josh Ilaoa
Josiah Jeffery
Austyn Kauhi
Steven Mahar Jr.
Maximilian Mang
Francois Nolton Jr.
Trebor Pena
Cornell Perry
Max Von Marburg
Marlowe Wax - NFL draft

That's 24 names

Some odd names on that list [not calling you out, just making the observation]. Why would Bass, Branham, Gordon, or Jeffery leave?

My guess
Jayden Bass
Belizaire Bassette
JJ Branham
Berry Buxton III
Tom Callahan
Malcolm Folk
Ty Gordon
Aman Greenwood
Wes Hoeh
Josh Ilaoa
Josiah Jeffery
Austyn Kauhi
Steven Mahar Jr.
Maximilian Mang
Francois Nolton Jr.
Trebor Pena
Cornell Perry
Max Von Marburg
Marlowe Wax - NFL draft

That's 24 names
Stefon Thompson might need another year here.

Some odd names on that list [not calling you out, just making the observation]. Why would Bass, Branham, Gordon, or Jeffery leave?
Im thinking of some kids who may go and try and play closer to home, or just some random offs that always seem to happen

My guess
Jayden Bass
Belizaire Bassette
JJ Branham
Berry Buxton III
Tom Callahan
Malcolm Folk
Ty Gordon
Aman Greenwood
Wes Hoeh
Josh Ilaoa
Josiah Jeffery
Austyn Kauhi
Steven Mahar Jr.
Maximilian Mang
Francois Nolton Jr.
Trebor Pena
Cornell Perry
Max Von Marburg
Marlowe Wax - NFL draft

That's 24 names
Jeremiah Wilson is a true Sophomore-He's not even eligible for the draft. Stefon Thompson isn't even starting.

Do we know why this is taking so long. Are we in good shape for him.
The last update that was publicly released was on his most recently planned commitment day, apparently if he went ahead with a commitment that day it was going to be Rutgers, but since he pushed it back obviously he wasn’t totally sold on them. And it was said he wanted to continue to build a relationship with Coach Fisher, so all of those things considered we were in a very good spot a couple months ago.

My guess
Jayden Bass
Belizaire Bassette
JJ Branham
Berry Buxton III
Tom Callahan
Malcolm Folk
Ty Gordon
Aman Greenwood
Wes Hoeh