Class of 2024 - DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth

The safety is considered a prized recruit and one RU is strongly after
If they don’t get him it is a hurtful miss
It’s 50/50 right now
On the Rivals board it is easy to get a sense who the staff is gunning for, and who is not on the top of the board
I think your fans get that sense also
My prediction Sanders will commit to rutgers and then transfer to SU where his BC friends are at.

well i can assure you Clemson isnt one of them
Yupp. The Clemson fans I was around in Death Valley this past fall were open about being anxious coming into the Syracuse game every season.

The respect they have for Dino is off the charts. They know that we will be tough as chit for 60 minutes and are there to win, not cover the spread. Cannot say the same about other ACC teams/coaches.

Last edited:
Yupp. The Clemson fans I was around in Death Valley this past fall were open about being anxious coming into the Syracuse game every season.

The respect they have for Dino is off the charts. They know that we will be tough as chit for 60 minutes and are there to win not cover the spread. Cannot say the same about other ACC teams/coaches.
September 30th!

RU got a few verbals at his position during the past couple of weeks so he probably is not a take
He did want to commit there this past week
He is a very good player and would help Syracuse or any school that would take him now
He has lost a bit of market value by waiting so long
Is this the first nonuple laughing reaction bearing post in board history?

To recap
Willy was set to commit to Rutgers

Schiano said no, he already filled his spot with other prospects

Willy pushes back then postpones his commitment

Rutgers was recruiting Willy as a LB (the old Miami grow them into the role method)

Dohn knows this, thus Dohn is going to classify Willy as a LB, a position he doesn't play, as justification for the inevitable dohngrade (love that) when he commits elsewhere (preferably Cuse).

Cuse is recruiting him as a rover, a la Barron

After the quiet period and after schools reach out back to Willy, he may have a new top three

But he clearly loves Cuse from his Twitter postings

Does this sum it all up?

Schiano said no? I find that hard to believe. Sounds like he’s just teasing us….next

To recap

Rutgers was recruiting Willy as a LB (the old Miami grow them into the role method)

Dohn knows this, thus Dohn is going to classify Willy as a LB, a position he doesn't play, as justification for the inevitable dohngrade (love that) when he commits elsewhere (preferably Cuse).

After the quiet period and after schools reach out back to Willy, he may have a new top three

Does this sum it all up?
Sounds close to what we have heard

It is entirely possible he would be good as a rover
Greg reportedly felt he had outgrown some defensive positions and would have to be a linebacker. And there is the problem as far as Greg is concerned
I am no position expert or football expert, but this is the report we have heard
I still would want him, but what do I know?

Lastly, I think it would be unfair to the player to downgrade him only because he might have to be moved
If he plays like a 4 star at this point in time that is it
So you very well might wind up with this 4 star and congratulations on that
I hope he maintains that status based on that

Greg reportedly felt he had outgrown some defensive positions and would have to be a linebacker. And there is the problem as far as Greg is concerned
I am no position expert or football expert, but this is the report we have heard

Lastly, I think it would be unfair to the player to downgrade him only because he might have to be moved
Credit to you for a fairly straight forward post.

Let’s assume this story is accurate and Schiano recruited Love for years as a safety and suddenly decided in the middle of the summer that he is ‘too big’ to play safety for RU.

Personally, I don’t see how that changes his rating as a player.

Now if coaches who are known for their ability to evaluate players all made that same call, sure, re-rate the player at his new position.

But Schiano is regarded as a poor judge of talent. He had a long track record of making mistakes trying to evaluate players and no longer has the ability to hire qualified assistant coaches to help get around this.

If you wanted the best player ratings possible, would you trust the opinion of a hall of fame level coach like Rocky Long or someone like Schiano?

As always, we will know in a few years.

My prediction?

Whether Love ends up at Syracuse or somewhere else, Schiano and his fan boy disciples will be proven to be wrong.

Again.

Credit to you for a fairly straight forward post.

Let’s assume this story is accurate and Schiano recruited Love for years as a safety and suddenly decided in the middle of the summer that he is ‘too big’ to play safety for RU.

Personally, I don’t see how that changes his rating as a player.

Now if coaches who are known for their ability to evaluate players all made that same call, sure, re-rate the player at his new position.

But Schiano is regarded as a poor judge of talent. He had a long track record of making mistakes trying to evaluate players and no longer has the ability to hire qualified assistant coaches to help get around this.

If you wanted the best player ratings possible, would you trust the opinion of a hall of fame level coach like Rocky Long or someone like Schiano?

As always, we will know in a few years.

My prediction?

Whether Love ends up at Syracuse or somewhere else, Schiano and his fan boy disciples will be proven to be wrong.

Again.
They are saying he did poorly at a Rutgers camp recently...couldnt cover anyone. Thats why he will be downgraded in the next cycle.

To recap

Does this sum it all up?
So a player who fits the Tebucky Jones size as a safety is too big.
Number 22 in the NFL draft behind Darius at 21 they both played a few years in the NFL as starters.

That’s fine because Longs defense is based on using tweener players in space and not pigeon holing guys by ht, wt, and 40 speeds.

Does this sum it all up?

iu

Let me warn you in advance, and you might make note of this down the road

Reportedly Love is settling in at linebacker, and at that position he has struggled

If that continues, he won’t remain a four star, and it would have nothing to do with him committing to any particular program

So, would not be a conspiracy thing, still a good addition anywhere
Lol my coworker must read the same message boards as you because he was parroting this exact thing yesterday.

He's literally a perfect fit for the Rover position here. Praying he commits, we'll put him in the league.

Lol my coworker must read the same message boards as you because he was parroting this exact thing yesterday.

He's literally a perfect fit for the Rover position here. Praying he commits, we'll put him in the league.
He’d be the third player of that type this year. Rover, wide side LB, and DE are all hybrid type guys in this defense.

Urlacher was the Rover at Utah.