Class of 2024 - DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Willy Love (NJ) Verbal to Monmouth

Duce will go pro after this season, so him and Love wouldn't have played together anyway.

Not about that, he was recruiting Willie hard to come to Cuse….

He’s a close family member, always good to have someone in your ear taking to you about Cuse and gave us an advantage.

With Duce at LSU I’m sure that is far less likely now.

With Duce at LSU I’m sure that is far less likely now.
As long as Duce left for business reasons only, here's hoping he would still have good things to say about Cuse. Aside from less NIL money.

I‘m afraid Duce is in for a rude awakening. He’s going to see speed and size like he’s never seen before. He might very well get exposed in the SEC.

I‘m afraid Duce is in for a rude awakening. He’s going to see speed and size like he’s never seen before. He might very well get exposed in the SEC.

I mean, thats an overstatement. He will see size and speed on a more consistent basis. I bet Duce will play well. Hes a force in the run game. Im just not sure hes an nfl level corner.

Clemson and FSU both have SEC level speed and size, he’s just going to see it on a more consistent basis which will help him grow as a player and prepare for the league.

Interesting. Just assumed we were recruiting him as a DB.
Yeah, me too. But, just checked his Hudl page, and lots of wr highlights. Maybe, thread title should even be changed.

Yeah it’s not like Louisville or NCSt or BC or Wake have had high end Wrs lately either.
Yup. BC with 1st round pick this year. But Flowers is their first WR drafted since 1987.

NC State has had a handful hit the league past few years. (Edit). They have had six WR drafted since 1996. Last one was Kelvin Harmon in 2019. So they've had good players, but not necessarily NFL players. They have had 5 QB draft led since 2000.

Same with Louisville. They had two picks in 2021, one in 2015, and two in 2008. They have also had six QBs drafted since 2000, including picks in 2000, 2003, and 2005.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s not like Louisville or NCSt or BC or Wake have had high end Wrs lately either.
For us, our last WR drafted have been:

Mike Williams 4th round 2010
Johnnie Morant 5th round 2004
David Tyree 6th round 2003
Kevin Johnson 2nd round (1st pick) 1999
Jim Turner 7th round 1998
Marvin Harrison 1st round 1996

Six picks over 27 years.

Yup. BC with 1st round pick this year. But Flowers is their first WR drafted since 1987.

NC State has had a handful hit the league past few years.

Same with Louisville. They had two picks in 2021, one in 2015, and two in 2008. They have also had six QBs drafted since 2000, including picks in 2000, 2003, and 2005.

NC State has had a handful hit the league past few years.

BC has had 1 WR drafted since 1987 and it was thursday night.
NC State hasn’t put a WR in the league in 4 years and he wasn’t a top 200 pick
Louisville yes.
If you look at my post it says more frequently. However there’s just a massive difference between ACC and SEC football. ( This was supposed to be a reply to GoSU96 )

Gadsden and Hatcher (hot take I know), will change that for us.

Gadsden will be a potential day 1 guy
We really need to keep putting two - three a year in the league.

I doubt Shrader gets drafted, but stranger things have happened. Would be amazing if we could develop another NFL quality WR (Alford? Hatcher? Jones? Brown? Long?)

Gadsden will happen, and hopefully he is day one.

Back to Willy Love. This kid has so much potential. Whatever side he ends up on he can work his way to the league.

Gadsden and Hatcher (hot take I know), will change that for us.

Gadsden will be a potential day 1 guy
You got it, tho Hatcher needs to step up to the plate this year. He has the talent. He was my favorite while recruiting him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom