DCII update from Donna D | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DCII update from Donna D

And if he's still that, they won't have a demand for Coleman. I'm saying if he has a Christmas-like transformation in his senior year, that year would be enough to put him in the NBA. He doesn't have to hold back this year so he'll get 2 years to impress the NBA. If he never becomes an NBA caliber player, two years of not being one isn't going to help him.

I've said this before, but very little about Christmas' skill set itself changed from last year to this year. He's simply getting the ball more, as he should have last season. He had a KenPom O-Rating of 125.7 in 2013-14 but only consumed 13.3 percent of Syracuse's possessions when he was on the floor. He's also never been hurt. I'm not saying Coleman can't develop into an NBA prospect if he stays healthy, but you'd be basing it more on hope than actual data.

I've said this before, but very little about Christmas' skill set itself changed from last year to this year. He's simply getting the ball more, as he should have last season. He had a KenPom O-Rating of 125.7 in 2013-14 but only consumed 13.3 percent of Syracuse's possessions when he was on the floor. He's also never been hurt. I'm not saying Coleman can't develop into an NBA prospect if he stays healthy, but you'd be basing it more on hope than actual data.

It's more the look test than any stat. I saw flashes of Christmas developing moves last year but nothing like I've seen this year. I suspect the look test would mean more to the NBA scouts than KenPom's stats.

It's more the look test than any stat. I saw flashes of Christmas developing moves last year but nothing like I've seen this year. I suspect the look test would mean more to the NBA scouts than KenPom's stats.

For most scouts yes, but that is changing as some heavily value a bunch of stats. Pretty much all the teams at least look at metrics on each player and consider them in the big picture.

Hasn't the thing that has always held Christmas back the most been defense and his propensity to commit "silly" fouls?

I love when they are referred to as silly. I'm not sure they are as often silly as they are just careless or ill advised. Although the one that he picked up early against La Tech after turning the ball over definitely goes in the silly category.

getting DC this year would be huge. A true back-up center would allow Chris to focus on only his wing responsibilities on defense. He's not bad on the wing, but he's not good when he has to play in the middle.

in the middle-to-long terms, I think SU's offense is going to settle in and be at least respectable most nights, but I'm concerned whether the defense is going to come together and become the weapon it has been so often in the recent past.