Class of 2017 - DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern

Was concentrating on his lacrosse season. I would expect him to start taking visits soon.

Bummer, I wish all legacies were as fired up as Kevin Johnson Jr. Cruel irony!

Had a good feeling he wasn't coming here. Legacies dont mean crap until you start winning

Had a good feeling he wasn't coming here. Legacies dont mean crap until you start winning

This is less about winning, and more about the schools diminishing academic status, IMO.

disappointed031.gif

Last edited:
This is less about winning, and more about the schools diminishing academic status, IMO.

disappointed031.gif
Its both. Northwestern is consistently winning and the academics speaks for itself

Bummer, I wish all legacies were as fired up as Kevin Johnson Jr. Cruel irony!

Let's see how he feels if the big names start sniffing around. Legacies in the Northeast seem to be only meaningful for PSU and Pitt. Our record has been miserable on that front, to say the least, and winning or losing doesn't make much of a difference from what I remember. We did better in Mac's day but Syracuse and Syracuse University were also different places then.

via Newsday (Long Island, NY's major newspaper): "...Wiederkehr had pared his final college choices to Northwestern, Maryland, Navy and Boston College."

I'm sure i'll flub this in presentation...yes, he's a legacy, yes he's from in state, yes he had an offer, but my spidey sense tells me Dino and co didnt roll out the red carpet and keep all over this kid like others. And by spidey sense i mean looking at the body types of the other OLinemen that they've been all over.

via Newsday (Long Island, NY's major newspaper): "...Wiederkehr had pared his final college choices to Northwestern, Maryland, Navy and Boston College."

I'm sure i'll flub this in presentation...yes, he's a legacy, yes he's from in state, yes he had an offer, but my spidey sense tells me Dino and co didnt roll out the red carpet and keep all over this kid like others. And by spidey sense i mean looking at the body types of the other OLinemen that they've been all over.

I thought we were recruiting him as a DLineman but maybe I'm wrong.

Its both. Northwestern is consistently winning and the academics speaks for itself

I wouldn't call northwestern as consistently winning and Fitzgerald is a tool. Good luck and have fun in theB10 cellar.

I wouldn't call northwestern as consistently winning and Fitzgerald is a tool. Good luck and have fun in theB10 cellar.
But we've had 4 coaches since they hired Fitz, oh and they won 10 games last year and beat Stanford. They're a better program, and a better school. They're a more attractive option right now and you should realize that.

But we've had 4 coaches since they hired Fitz, oh and they won 10 games last year and beat Stanford. They're a better program, and a better school. They're a more attractive option right now and you should realize that.

He is barely above .500 in his career. And that's the ceiling. Better school? Sure. Program? Not historically, and not for long.

Fitz is a friend of mine and he is no tool. NW has a very good program, 10 - 3 in '15, and they are doing great in recruiting and with the upcoming upgrades to both their stadium and football facilities, Ethan's selection is a smart move especially if he can parlay his NW degree into future employment. I'm just as upset as most regarding Ethan not choosing the Cuse, but unless you know anything about NW and Fitz, there is no need to degrade Fitz for he is a good person and coach.

Last edited:
He is barely above .500 in his career. And that's the ceiling. Better school? Sure. Program? Not historically, and not for long.
No one is talking previously. We're talking now. We know SU has the better history. Above 500 is consistently winning or losing? I know I would kill for two 10-3 seasons within 4 years. And throw in a 9-4 and 8-5. If that was SU results Im sure people would argue that we consistently win. They did have the two back to back 5-7 seasons in between. Those could have easily been 7-5 years. SU has consistently lost within the last 10 years. Current recruits are 18 years old so they only know what they've seen since they were 8.

Last edited:
Our best coach since 2004 left the program at .500 exactly. Every other coach had a losing record. That's 11 seasons.

Fitz won 10 games last year. How do you know that's not our ceiling as well, especially with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville in our division?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom