Class of 2019 DE/TE Steven Linton (GA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

blizz

All Conference
I'm excited. Will be a great pickup if this kid signs with is tomorrow.

RF2044

Living Legend
If it makes you feel better, he is listed at 204 by ESPN and 210 by Rivals. Though he still lists himself at 195 in his HUDL video.
PS article describes him as follows:

At 6 feet, 4 inches and 217 pounds, Linton...

“He has the ability to do either,” Holmes said, “but obviously if he’s going to consistently put his hand on the ground then he’s got to put on some mass. ... I think everybody’s in agreement that if you give this kid one year, you’ll see him at 245.”

Linton is the heaviest he’s ever been at 217 pounds, Holmes said, and is known for his length (82-inch wingspan), explosiveness (310-pound power clean) and athleticism (he’s usually the first down the field on kickoff coverage), Holmes said.

If that's the case, some of the concern about his size seems unwarranted. Not a bad starting point.

reedny

Hall of Fame / 44 Degrees of Consanguinity

“He has the ability to do either,” Holmes said, “but obviously if he’s going to consistently put his hand on the ground then he’s got to put on some mass. ... I think everybody’s in agreement that if you give this kid one year, you’ll see him at 245.”

Linton is the heaviest he’s ever been at 217 pounds, Holmes said, and is known for his length (82-inch wingspan), explosiveness (310-pound power clean) and athleticism (he’s usually the first down the field on kickoff coverage), Holmes said.

If that's the case, some of the concern about his size seems unwarranted. Not a bad starting point.
Sounds similar to Richards ... hope we get him.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
This kids a fantastic prospect from a recruiting hot bed. Would be one of our bigger wins of the class.

supp

All American

That wingspan is freakish. He's got the same one as J.J. Watt and two inches less than Peppers.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Was wondering that myself...DH thread not pinned.
Hewett is announcing this evening, we'll know tonight where he is going. If he commits to SU I'll pin him here but right now it doesn't sound like he is choosing Syracuse. I'm pinning these guys now as I won't be around tomorrow morning. Sometimes real life gets in the way.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 6 years in a row
Hewett is announcing this evening, we'll know tonight where he is going. If he commits to SU I'll pin him here but right now it doesn't sound like he is choosing Syracuse. I'm pinning these guys now as I won't be around tomorrow morning. Sometimes real life gets in the way.
Wait, you’re not a robot?

Top Bottom