Decent Effort Today | Syracusefan.com

Decent Effort Today

swish7

All Conference
Today, we played like a team that belonged in the playoffs.

For a team that arguably did not belong in the playoffs for much of the season, and w/out the arguably much-despised formation of BE lacrosse would NOT have been in the playoffs this season, that is a positive.

We did not have 60 minutes of HHH today, but we had some. We mostly lacked in the "head" aspect of our mantra, especially early. If not for some sloppy play on D early, we might have easily avoided the 0-3 advantage Duke took.

We fought to the very end, which is a positive to hold onto during summer conditioning.

Still, our young "talent" has a long ways to go. After being spoiled by Galloway, the goalie situation is scary. Duke's 1st 3 shots were 3 scores. At least one was a defender's fault for getting beat, but still...

We won quite a few faceoffs. Check. But, we promptly turned the ball over. Uggh.

I loved the hustle. I loved the heart. The head just was not there all game. And the talent, we've got to raise it a notch. We have to avoid turning into the Princeton of college lacrosse.

Today, we played like a team that belonged in the playoffs.

For a team that arguably did not belong in the playoffs for much of the season, and w/out the arguably much-despised formation of BE lacrosse would NOT have been in the playoffs this season, that is a positive.

We did not have 60 minutes of HHH today, but we had some. We mostly lacked in the "head" aspect of our mantra, especially early. If not for some sloppy play on D early, we might have easily avoided the 0-3 advantage Duke took.

We fought to the very end, which is a positive to hold onto during summer conditioning.

Still, our young "talent" has a long ways to go. After being spoiled by Galloway, the goalie situation is scary. Duke's 1st 3 shots were 3 scores. At least one was a defender's fault for getting beat, but still...

We won quite a few faceoffs. Check. But, we promptly turned the ball over. Uggh.

I loved the hustle. I loved the heart. The head just was not there all game. And the talent, we've got to raise it a notch. We have to avoid turning into the Princeton of college lacrosse.
I agree, I think that this team is 2 years away. A lot of freshman and sophs played a considerable roles this year. However, the need for some offensive difference makers is huge. Being able to redshirt some of these kids cannot be discounted.

Great to see Colgate win yesterday.

7 of 24 faceoffs is not "quite a few" in my book. That's an additional 10 possessions for Duke. That's huge in any game, let alone a tourney game. It's unacceptable and Desko said as much post-game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom