Definition of Insanity....... | Syracusefan.com

Definition of Insanity.......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Well, it is now or never time. No more fluff. Lose one more and it is your season is done time of the year.

We go into the tourney with negative momentum.

Yeah, one would think we should get by our first round game regardless of the slow mo, but beyond that - we will need to pick it up to survive.

So, that begs the question, will the HOF Coach come up with any major or even minor adjustments for the Dance or will he continue to do what he has done and hope for a sudden turn-around in our play ???

Unfortunately, I think very little changes.

I know it is far too late for a Buss or a BJ sighting. Maybe Trevor can get hot for a game or even two, but I can't see it happening for him for four or five games over a hoped for six game run. I also can't see us surviving more than one game past the first round wo better 2G play.

The key here has to be Roberson. No, he will not suddenly blossum and take the tourney by the tail. But he HAS to play 8 to 15 MPG (3 to 5 MPG rest for CJ and 5 to 10 MPG rest for Jerami with his back issues) for us to have a chance; otherwise, no way CJ and Jerami stay fresh (and healthy) enough to get the job done.

I am defining getting the job done as reaching the FF, anything less from a team that was ranked #1 and was 25 & 0 has to be viewed as a disappointment in the context of the entire season, even though right now a Sweet Sixteen sighting actually doesn't sound too bad.

Well, it is now or never time. No more fluff. Lose one more and it is your season is done time of the year.

We go into the tourney with negative momentum.

Yeah, one would think we should get by our first round game regardless of the slow mo, but beyond that - we will need to pick it up to survive.

So, that begs the question, will the HOF Coach come up with any major or even minor adjustments for the Dance or will he continue to do what he has done and hope for a sudden turn-around in our play ???

Unfortunately, I think very little changes.

I know it is far too late for a Buss or a BJ sighting. Maybe Trevor can get hot for a game or even two, but I can't see it happening for him for four or five games over a hoped for six game run. I also can't see us surviving more than one game past the first round wo better 2G play.

The key here has to be Roberson. No, he will not suddenly blossum and take the tourney by the tail. But he HAS to play 8 to 15 MPG (3 to 5 MPG rest for CJ and 5 to 10 MPG rest for Jerami with his back issues) for us to have a chance; otherwise, no way CJ and Jerami stay fresh (and healthy) enough to get the job done.

I am defining getting the job done as reaching the FF, anything less from a team that was ranked #1 and was 25 & 0 has to be viewed as a disappointment in the context of the entire season, even though right now a Sweet Sixteen sighting actually doesn't sound too bad.
Are you high? Roberson isn't going to play unless someone gets hurt. We were afraid to play this kid against G -tech at home in a regular season game. We won close games going 25-0. We have lost close games going 2 and 5. We aren't changing jack.

Really anything less than the final four is a disappointment? In the fall I think if you said 27-5 with a #3 seed in the tourney most people would have accepted that. In reality the team is/was flawed and to quote Denny Green "They are who we thought they were". Relax it's been a fun season now anything can happen.

Are you high? Roberson isn't going to play unless someone gets hurt. We were afraid to play this kid against G -tech at home in a regular season game. We won close games going 25-0. We have lost close games going 2 and 5. We aren't changing jack.

Yes, of course, I know you are correct (and I said is much in my OP), but that doesn't make it less insane.

After reading the title, I thought your post would say "Picking Pittsburgh to advance."

But really, I still have high hopes. The idea of a "brand new season" has to be refreshing for our guys. And yes, I do think Cooney can get hot. That's kind of how shooting works. But if we advance it will be because of the guys who have played all year long - Fair, Ennis, Grant, Cooney. 3/4 have to play well every game and the defense needs to be top notch. I think they can do it.

Really anything less than the final four is a disappointment? In the fall I think if you said 27-5 with a #3 seed in the tourney most people would have accepted that. In reality the team is/was flawed and to quote Denny Green "They are who we thought they were". Relax it's been a fun season now anything can happen.
Agreed, but who would have taken that at the 25 & 0 point ? Certainly not I, and I was expecting the team to come back to earth - just not to crash land.

We'll go as far as Tyler, Trevor, CJ and Jerami take us...as it was in the beginning it will be at the end...LGO!

Actually, Roberson getting 15 mpg would be insane.
Why is that insane in terms of getting the team to play better as opposed to the fact that it isn't likely to happen ??

Isn't it patently obvious that we cannot go far with CJ and Jerami playing near 40 MPG ????

The key to us making any kind of run is CJ, as it should be.

He sure as s&$t can't go 3/17 anymore...it would also be nice if the whole team wasn't cold at the same time...

Disagree. This is a team, warts and all. I think they can win with anyone having a bad game. They can't win if two of them (Grant, Ennis, Fair, or Cooney) do. That's the ticket to Dallas. CJ can have a bad game and SU can still win just as long as the other three don't. They don't have enough depth to overcome two guys not contributing (since Rak, Gbinije, and Keita are offensively challenged).

Respectfully disagree, Bees. We know what we will get from CJ. Generally solid performances, maybe an above or below average game here or there. If we are to make a deep run at least one of Cooney or X will have to turn it around and bring something solid to the table each game.

Fly Rodder said:
Disagree. This is a team, warts and all. I think they can win with anyone having a bad game. They can't win if two of them (Grant, Ennis, Fair, or Cooney) do. That's the ticket to Dallas. CJ can have a bad game and SU can still win just as long as the other three don't. They don't have enough depth to overcome two guys not contributing (since Rak, Gbinije, and Keita are offensively challenged).

Yes it is a team game and the team wins or loses, but your leading scorer has to okay well. He's the guy that. 75% if the offense seems to go through, so he has to come up big.

newmexicuse said:
Respectfully disagree, Bees. We know what we will get from CJ. Generally solid performances, maybe an above or below average game here or there. If we are to make a deep run at least one of Cooney or X will have to turn it around and bring something solid to the table each game.

Then if it's not CJ, let's stop running the offense through him and making him the focus. Since we won't do that, it is him by default.

longislandcuse said:
Why? He's not our best player. I dont understand why it has to be CJ or bust.

He's our leading scorer and gets his number called far more than anyone else?

BC is who we thought they were when we were up 13 in the second half, and we let em off the hook. That's why we took the court. Now if you wanna crown em for playing well against us, then crown their Boston asses. But the eagles are we thought they were, a 6 win team.

He's our leading scorer and gets his number called far more than anyone else?

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does CJ pass out of a double team?

seems to be kind of odd to bury CJ before the tourney even starts. So if he scores 28 in a loss, he should have scored 30?

We have changes some things and probably will change some more. Nothing earth shattering but if you watch you can see were we have moved CJ to be the screener, Went to Christmas over and over again. Had Christmas Screen and roll then toss weak side to Grant and back to Christmas. Ennis has been told to play more aggressively in transition and the half court.There is new stuff in the offense and its worked unfortunately when we get open looks off of these things we have missed the shots most of the time.

Its all about making shots and playing energized on both ends. The longer you go without making shots the harder it is to play energized on either end. The staff has figured out new ways to get us good shots and I believe we will start to make them and be a dangerous team I the tourney. AS much as fans are down and out the last thing FL, KU or anyone else wants to see is an SU team that has found its shot.

Fly Rodder said:
seems to be kind of odd to bury CJ before the tourney even starts. So if he scores 28 in a loss, he should have scored 30?

I don't see anyone burying CJ.

Agreed, but who would have taken that at the 25 & 0 point ? Certainly not I, and I was expecting the team to come back to earth - just not to crash land.

Agreed, not after the 25-0 start. Nobody in their right mind should ever be okay with our final two home game debacles against such putrid teams. I'd like to see some type of stat on that. When was the last time SU lost consecutive home games to a conference foe below .500 that late in the season? And, at the same time, being a top 10 team...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom