DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is...

This has become pretty funny. But it has for some time.

I'd love to have him...but he's a backup center next year. Not a huge loss. Just a huge loss from a pr standpoint.
but as a sophomore center, you want this guy on your team

Greg Paulus. Ohio st 50% Kentucky 35% Syracuse 15%. Ohio St has a track record of big's going to the pro's even the one's who don't start.

Dammit I'm starving now! I'm off to cook some burgers.

PS
If he chooses SU it's all about love for the name on the front of the jersey. If he chooses UK with the seemingly open roster spots he does so for love of the name on the back of the jersey. Let's hope he's selfless and his love of all things SU runs deep.

Pete Thamel of the NY times is also saying it's Syracuse.

Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Ok, long island.
Perkins transferred from Brooklyn to Albany Shaker after his Sophomore year. Otherwise Andray Blatche and Bernard Blunt come to mind.

Honest question...have we ever lost a highly regarded and highly recruited BB player from the immediate Syracuse area since JB has been the coach?-edit..not that there's been that many:)

My theory is..if he isn't going to commit to Syracuse he would put off his public disclosure until spring. Why commit to another school this early if you don't have to. The vibe locally will be negative..delay that vibe as long as possible.

But...as others have said he just might be sick and tired of the whole recruiting process and that may be the reason to end it.

Steve Wright [Fowler / Providence]?

Mike Brown [CNS / Providence]?

The one who really hurt -- perhaps the only one -- was Jason Buchanon [Nottingham / St. Johns], who would have undoubtedly done a more capable job filling Sherman Douglas's shoes than Michael Edwards was capable of.

PS Twitter: "News that Dajuan Coleman will announce college choice on Tuesday took coaches at SU, Kentucky and Ohio St by surprise. MW"

"People saying where Dajuan Coleman is going are just guessing. His AAU and high school coaches don't know. MW"

Pete Thamel of the NY times is also saying it's Syracuse.

He's been the only guy in front of the ACC move and 100% right with all his other conference insights. Damn, now I'm all in.

There's no one I trust more... besides that Grantland guy, big things in his future, hope the Post-Standard signs him to be Bud's long-term replacement.

While I'm pretty confident at this point, let's wait until tomorrow before we start calling out the insiders. Otherwise, they may not be the ones eating crow.

Pfft, no way. I said Grant and DC2 back then, I called the "Cavanaugh insiders" out back then. And everyone with any connections has already heard the wurd: DC2 to the Cuse.

Not to sound greedy, but does this signal the end of our pursuit of Noel? Or are we going ludicrous speed here?

You keep recruiting Noel period. This is what perennial top 5 teams do.

Maybe Dajuan has been Cuse all along and was just giving us more media to be a royal pain in the @$$ just like he will be on the court to all who cross him if he wears orange.

PS Twitter: "News that Dajuan Coleman will announce college choice on Tuesday took coaches at SU, Kentucky and Ohio St by surprise. MW"

"People saying where Dajuan Coleman is going are just guessing. His AAU and high school coaches don't know. MW"
Waters is correct. Most times, I'm not guessing, I KNOW. But not this time...which worries me. As of this weekend, it was definitely Syracuse...but that may have changed to UK.

Waters is correct. Most times, I'm not guessing, I KNOW. But not this time...which worries me. As of this weekend, it was definitely Syracuse...but that may have changed to UK.
If anything after the football game and official i like our chances.

I hope this is not another Terance Jones deal. Jones was all set to commit to Washington, actually he did already verbal, when Calamari came flaoting in for a last second switch. Anyone see Calamari sleezing around JD today?

Sam Perkins was from Latham. Not Central New York, but solidly upstate.

Christian Donald Laettner. I know nothing about how he escaped JB's grip - what is the story on this guy? We had DC1 and so no room at the inn?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom