DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is...

Hearing Syracuse ...but wont rest easy until Coleman says it.

In Jake we trust. Remember!!! Hopefully no waffling.

images

I think it's Syracuse, but I'm going off very little.

I will say that I don't think his cancelling the OSU visit means much. If he knew he wanted to go to Ohio State, there'd be no reason to take the visit. He could have visited Syracuse one last time to try and make up his mind. That said... I think it's Syracuse as I believe the Ohio State coaches have been tentatively expecting that for the past few weeks.

I think it's Syracuse, but I'm going off very little.

I will say that I don't think his cancelling the OSU visit means much. If he knew he wanted to go to Ohio State, there'd be no reason to take the visit. He could have visited Syracuse one last time to try and make up his mind. That said... I think it's Syracuse as I believe the Ohio State coaches have been tentatively expecting that for the past few weeks.

if you were an 18 year old and you had a free trip(football game, and bells and whistles) to your college choice would you cancel it? just because you knew you were going there

I'd say you'd cancel it because you didn't want to go there, plain and simple. Besides, he got the football game and the bells and whistles at SU.

exactly if you were going there you would not cancel that trip

Unless Calamari told him it's now or never, give us an answer or I'm bringing in the another McD AA to take the spot. Wouldn't put that past Cal. If we get him great...but I hope it doesn't mean we're out of Noel. Though I don't see how you could accommodate Xmas, Keita, DC2 and Noel even if Fab left early.

if you were an 18 year old and you had a free trip(football game, and bells and whistles) to your college choice would you cancel it? just because you knew you were going there

If a kid wants to get his recruitment over with badly enough, sure. I've known kids that were in the recruiting process that just went cold turkey and said, "enough is enough." They reached a breaking point where they didn't want a single phone call from there forward. So yeah... I think some kids would cancel if they just wanted to get the process over with.

Free trips are nice, and usually they're a perk. But when you've already been to a place, traveling 6-7 hours for a visit sometimes becomes a chore even if you like the place.

if just for the reason of telling them in person

If a kid wants to get his recruitment over with badly enough, sure. I've known kids that were in the recruiting process that just went cold turkey and said, "enough is enough." They reached a breaking point where they didn't want a single phone call from there forward. So yeah... I think some kids would cancel if they just wanted to get the process over with.

Free trips are nice, and usually they're a perk. But when you've already been to a place, traveling 6-7 hours for a visit sometimes becomes a chore even if you like the place.

if it is a chore to go there then why would he go, think about what you are saying

the visit is probably the only fun part of the whole process for them

if it is a chore to go there then why would he go, think about what you are saying

the visit is probably the only fun part of the whole process for them

With all due respect, it's easy to say that when you're not getting phone calls constantly, getting badgered with questions from anyone and everyone and have to go through the process. Sometimes kids reach a breaking point where they just want it to end. I've seen it happen all too many times up close and personal having gotten to know many kids and families when covering it. I can think of at least half a dozen kids that cancelled visits to a school the week of committing. It's really not that uncommon, to be honest.

With all due respect, it's easy to say that when you're not getting phone calls constantly, getting badgered with questions from anyone and everyone and have to go through the process. Sometimes kids reach a breaking point where they just want it to end. I've seen it happen all too many times up close and personal having gotten to know many kids and families when covering it. I can think of at least half a dozen kids that cancelled visits to a school the week of committing. It's really not that uncommon, to be honest.

with all due respect if he is getting phone calls constantly I think that is a violation

also who knows who he is picking at this point

with all due respect if he is getting phone calls constantly I think that is a violation

also who knows who he is picking at this point

Each coach is allowed 2 phone calls a week during a prospect's senior season. There are probably still 5-7 schools recruiting Coleman. That's at least 10-15 phone calls a week from coaches.

Now add in calls from reporters and recruiting services. Assume 2-3 different people trying to get a hold of him each week covering each school on top of a few national guys.

I'm not exaggerating when I say just for 3-5 schools involved, you're looking at 30 or more calls a week. It really adds up.

Just by him seeing the length of this thread he should be able to see how interested we are in him. And he should get his arse here. I checked Kentucky and Ohio States sites and there is little to no banter.

Plus hounding from friends, family, the long-lost "uncle" and people bombing your twitter, facebook, and Bette Midler fanpage. It must get seriously old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom